BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 6:39:02 AM EDT
Along with Star Trek, NG Nemisis.....

Oh yaaa what a day this will be....
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I sure hope ya' got an M1 Garand pard, because when ya' start watching BoB you'll want one.  It's one killer series.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 M1 Garands, both of them told me to get the Band of Brothers DVD set, I had to obey.......
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]

BoB is one of the bests, if not the best WW2 movie/series.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have 2 M1 Garands, both of them told me to get the Band of Brothers DVD set, I had to obey.......
View Quote

Now, thats the most normal thing I've read all morning! [:D]

Congrats on the choice in movies..I've watched B o B's probably 20 times already. Awesome series.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I need a bayonet for my Garand before I can watch Band of Brothers
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sure hope ya' got an M1 Garand pard, because when ya' start watching BoB you'll want one.  It's one killer series.
View Quote

I'd have suggested a Thompson!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, do I feel sorry for you.

You'll watch the first episode of BoB. That'll get you sucked in. You'll want a little more, because it's a training camp, no combat. So you'll watch the next episode. It's all combat, D-Day. It's all over after that.

You won't stop until you've seen the whole set...sometime tomorrow. You'll get all kinds of headaches from watching tv for so long, from the soon to be ex-wife, because you've watched tv for the past day and a half straight, etc, etc.

Then you'll want to watch it all over again. [:D]

Yep, I feel sorry for you. [;)]

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Man, do I feel sorry for you.

You'll watch the first episode of BoB. That'll get you sucked in. You'll want a little more, because it's a training camp, no combat. So you'll watch the next episode. It's all combat, D-Day. It's all over after that.

You won't stop until you've seen the whole set...sometime tomorrow. You'll get all kinds of headaches from watching tv for so long, from the soon to be ex-wife, because you've watched tv for the past day and a half straight, etc, etc.

Then you'll want to watch it all over again. [:D]

Yep, I feel sorry for you. [;)]

View Quote

You forgot the worst part:

After the marathon you will once again eat and sleep.  Then, you will want to watch more of it.

BUT THERE ISN'T ANY MORE!

And never will be another episode.  So sad.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]
That's what I did. I watched the whole series in one day.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#10]
i have had the set for exactly one year and one day. I got it for my birthday last year.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had it for a little less than a year now. My Dad gave it to me last Christmas.

I think I've watched it four or five times in order, and some episodes a few more times than that, as well as the final disc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Along with Star Trek, NG Nemisis.....

Oh yaaa what a day this will be....
View Quote

Can I borrow it when you're done?  I'm too cheap to go buy it myself.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Enjoy the BoB set.

I can't wait for the Pacific theater to come out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd have suggested a Thompson!
View Quote

If it's good enuf for Capt Picard to blast the Borg with.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn, I've been wanting to get it as I missed some of the episodes on HBO.  Maybe my mom will pick it up for me for Christmas.  At least I hope so.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Guys, I have watched 2 of the DVD`s now and am starting a third, WOW, this is addictive...

Very well written and shot, so far one of the best shows I have seen all year...
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guys, I have watched 2 of the DVD`s now and am starting a third, WOW, this is addictive...

Very well written and shot, so far one of the best shows I have seen all year...
View Quote

And so it begins. [:D]

I'm surprised you took time out to tell us. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Well guys, I have finished the set of movies...

I am humbled, and I do not say that lightly...

These were the most awsome shows I have watched in a long time.

As I watched the last DVD, in the interviews with the men who lives were portrayed, I was moved, yes I shed a tear, one of gratitude.

Band of Brothers, a must see......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top