Posted: 11/25/2003 4:32:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

cover .... that pictured two bare-chested men leaning in to kiss each oth

Outraged that the library was using taxpayers' money to carry the periodical, Callaghan tore off the cover and took it home.

View Quote
Sure, I bet that's why he took it home. [url]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/wink3.gif[/url]
View Quote

[LOLabove]

touche'!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I remember when I was a kid I'd sometimes find a copy of "Playboy" stashed in my dad's dresser. I was so outraged that he would squander family resources on trash like that that I would take the magazine to my room. After about 10 minutes, I would find that I had calmed down, and then I'd return the magazine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
i dont see a problem here. i dont go ripping up michael moore or al franken books if i see em at the library. just because i dont believe in it doesnt mean others cant
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I definitely think that anyone who destroys library property should be punished. We cannot destroy every book or magazine that we disagree with. This guy should be made to go into a store and buy them a new copy.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Many of the topic oriented periodicals are donated by local clubs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a book at the library once about "Being Gay and Dating in Today's Society" or some whack shit like that.  

They had the book prominately displayed on the new release rack so all the kids could see the cover with these 2 faggots holding hands on the beach.

I took the book to the bathroom,  ripped the spine in half and threw it in the toilet.  

I don't give a shit what anyone thinks,  you don't show kids 2 men holding hands on the beach,  that's bullshit.

Flame away.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Bookburners of the world unite.  If I don't like it you can't read it.

I guess it would be ok to rip up the American Riflemans if you were a anti-gunner with that kind of logic.

That's not as bad as it can get.  Ma Danby is a Childrens Librarian and with budgets being as tight as they are most libraries are a little tight on the new book funds.  (right now it's $25 a month.) At her last position they were given a set of Childrens Encyclopedias.  Really really nice ones and about 3 weeks later somebody cut them up to use the pictures in a class project.  Flushed an amount equal to their annual new book budget.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess it would be ok to rip up the American Riflemans if you were a anti-gunner with that kind of logic.
View Quote

Yes,  this is a really bad analogy.  I'm sure you don't think that it is ok to display a book at waist level, i.e. kids eye level with two faggots holding hands do you???

I'm sure a picture of a cool gun on the cover of American Rifleman wouldn't be weird for some kid to see would it???  As opposed to faggots frolicking on the beach.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems like it wouldn't have been too much of an undertaking to put vinyl covers over the offending magazines - something that hides any images on the cover while still leaving the magazine's title visible.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
[flamesuit] There's a simple fact at work here. heterosexuals are heterosexual; homosexuals are homosexual. Prisons, English public schools, and similar arrangements can strongly encourage a person to temporarily engage in sexual behavior contrary to his nature, but nothing, and certainly not a magazine cover, will turn a gay kid straight or a straight kid gay. Remember, if you think a homosexual can be turned straight by photos, dates, talk, counseling, or any other process, you are [i]necessarily[/i]  confessing that, with proper education, you could be the next Richard Simmons.

I have 2 sons, 19 & 15. [b][Edited to add] both so heterosexual I think I may have to neuter them.[/b] Both have been around homosexuals all their lives. When they were about 11 and 7, the little guy cried and complained to me because the other one called him a fag. After telling the little guy not to worry about it, I spoke to the big one, and told him that "fag" is an ugly word for people like Tom and Bob, who fall in love with another man instead of a woman. He was shocked. Tom & Bob are respected and totally respectable taxpaying members of our extended family. They had always treated him and everybody he knew very kindly. He thought "fag" meant "bad person," and was appalled by the thought that he had disrespected two decent, upright people by using the word as he had.

I know what the Old Testament says about homosexual behavior (and eating shellfish and wearing clothes made of more than one kind of fabric); I also know what JC said about divorce between heterosexual people. I am well and truly satisfied that homosexuals are  defective and redeemed children of God just like the rest of us. [/flamesuit]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Its wrong to destroy public property. No matter what you believe. If you have a complaint, there are proper channels.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
We arent nazis here burning all the books, this is the stuff that freedom is all about. You want to read a magazine about guns they want to read a magazine about fags. Someone could say the same things about a magazine with firearms in it, oh kids shouldent see that blah blah blah.

You and I may not agree with it but thats FREEDOM, so i'll fight and die for their right to read it.

If everyone thought that was "doing the right thing" there wouldn't be any books left in that library.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#14]
2 guys kissing EWWW YUK...

he did it for the kids...

just like why our guns are banned... they did it for the kids

DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!!!

but whatever...

again DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!!!

just my worthless 2 cents...lol

i would have just sued the library...lol

THATS THE AMERICAN WAY!!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes,  this is a really bad analogy.
View Quote

No it is an absolutely correct analogy.

Some insane anti-gunner could feel JUST AS STRONGLY about their views as you do about yours - and it doesn't give them the right to destroy community property either.

Your personal views are not the standard by which public libraries decide on their books.  Join their board  of governors, file a complaint, stage a protest outside - thats all acceptable.  What you did is not.

What you did makes you nothing more than a vandal and common criminal.

How would you feel if I did the same to Ayn Rand books because I think they're offensive and crap?  Is it okay for me to do that?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Two people showing their loving feelings are far preferable to a magazine glorifying guns.  Guns are only good for killing people.

Or would you rather I equate it to some nut case tearing up the Motor Trend because it named a VW as SUV of the Year on the cover.

Destroying other people's property in a hissy fit shows a lack of many things.

The Nazi's felt it was ok to destroy books and similar things that didn't fit with their view of the world.  I didn't use the term first but if you feel the jackboot fits, you are welcome to wear it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
 I didn't use the term first but if you feel the jackboot fits, you are welcome to wear it.
View Quote

Well said, Pa.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Some insane anti-gunner could feel JUST AS STRONGLY about their views as you do about yours - and it doesn't give them the right to destroy community property either.

Your personal views are not the standard by which public libraries decide on their books.  Join their board  of governors, file a complaint, stage a protest outside - thats all acceptable.  What you did is not.

How would you feel if I did the same to Ayn Rand books because I think they're offensive and crap?  Is it okay for me to do that?
View Quote

Well,  you belong to the ACLU so in my opinion you are not capable of having a clear thought on this issue.  The fact that you joined the ACLU means you are pro homo, muslim, child molestor, and all the other sick shit that the ACLU stands for.

I DON'T THINK THE LIBRARY SHOULD HAVE A BOOK WITH 2 GUYS HOLDING HANDS AT KID'S EYE LEVEL.  NOT SPINE OUT BUT COVER OUT ON DISPLAY.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT???

So I fucking ripped it up, I did more good than that shitty book ever would.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The fact that you joined the ACLU means you are pro homo, muslim, child molestor, and all the other sick shit that the ACLU stands for.

I DON'T THINK THE LIBRARY SHOULD HAVE A BOOK WITH 2 GUYS HOLDING HANDS AT KID'S EYE LEVEL.  NOT SPINE OUT BUT COVER OUT ON DISPLAY.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT???

View Quote

MED FLUSHER
NRA MEMBER
GOAA MEMBER
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my opinion your no better than the anti-gun assholes who use their freedoms and rights to take away from us.

You are doing the same thing to gay people and would do worse obviously if you were in a position to do so.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Well,  you belong to the ACLU so in my opinion you are not capable of having a clear thought on this issue.  The fact that you joined the ACLU means you are pro homo, muslim, child molestor, and all the other sick shit that the ACLU stands for.

View Quote

I applaud you.  I did the same thing every month when they put the "Out" magazine in my school gym.  I'd tear it in half and neatly place it back in the stand.  Apparently, they got the message and stopped putting it out.  It got too costly after they'd replace it every couple days.  That's how much they pushed that shit.

In my hometown library, I saw some gay book in THE KIDS SECTION!  I told the librarian, she almost shit herself, took the book and trashed it in front of me.  Apparently, the fuckstick that did it won't be doing it again.  She assured me that she didn't know it was in HER library.  I said its nice to know that if I raise kids in this town that I have people like her looking out for their mental well being.  I thanked her for her concern and continued my work.

Sometimes you get fucksticks, sometimes you get morally upstanding individuals who know that shit has no place around kids.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I applaud you.  I did the same thing every month when they put the "Out" magazine in my school gym.  I'd tear it in half and neatly place it back in the stand.  Apparently, they got the message and stopped putting it out.  It got too costly after they'd replace it every couple days.  That's how much they pushed that shit.

In my hometown library, I saw some gay book in THE KIDS SECTION!  I told the librarian, she almost shit herself, took the book and trashed it in front of me.  Apparently, the fuckstick that did it won't be doing it again.  She assured me that she didn't know it was in HER library.  I said its nice to know that if I raise kids in this town that I have people like her looking out for their mental well being.  I thanked her for her concern and continued my work.

Sometimes you get fucksticks, sometimes you get morally upstanding individuals who know that shit has no place around kids.
View Quote

i'm on your side!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, Im Shocked and appalled at you guys. What your doing is the same thing as censorship, just because you dont like it you want to shut them up, stop them from writing about it, and keep others from seeing it.

The enemys of freedom, right here.

Weather you believe it or not, this is very closely related to our gun rights. Its all about freedom.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Well,  you belong to the ACLU so in my opinion you are not capable of having a clear thought on this issue.  [red]The fact that you joined the ACLU means you are pro homo, muslim, child molestor, and all the other sick shit that the ACLU stands for.[/red]

View Quote

Okay, I guess we've established that you are INCAPABLE of understanding how it is possible to support people's right to express their opinion without agreeing with that opinion.

I support people's right to EXPRESS those opinions, NOT the opinions. How hard is that to understand?

Good luck with your book burning and irrational hatred [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#26]
You guys are comparing what I did to what the gun grabbers do.

Well,  since when did they play fair????  Since when did they say,  well,  we defend homos and they "have the right to choose" so lets not impede gun owners, they have the right to choose too.

Besides,  I don't think owning a gun which is protected under the constitution is equivalent to being a faggot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Well,  you belong to the ACLU so in my opinion you are not capable of having a clear thought on this issue.  [red]The fact that you joined the ACLU means you are pro homo, muslim, child molestor, and all the other sick shit that the ACLU stands for.[/red]

View Quote

Okay, I guess we've established that you are INCAPABLE of understanding how it is possible to support people's right to express their opinion without agreeing with that opinion.

I support people's right to EXPRESS those opinions, NOT the opinions. How hard is that to understand?

Good luck with your book burning and irrational hatred [rolleyes]
View Quote

By the way,  I understand what your group the ACLU does very well.  They PRETEND to defend the right to express opinions UNTIL you want to express something they don't agree with.

Gee,  let's take christianity for instance, don't even think about saying the word God or praying to Jesus in a public school,  the ACLU will smother your ass with a lawsuit.  But if a school district wants to teach "tolerance" by making our kids do a course on Islam, the ACLU will be all for it.

You see, if they weren't so damn biased against what is right, I would agree with what they do.

But when they and you defend the rights of NORTH AMERICAN MAN BOY LOVE ASSOCIATION, the group has ZERO credibility in my book.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#28]
There are some serious hypocrites in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Glimmerman, I agree.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote
So you think Ayn Rand books are offensive and crap?
You are denying the evidence of your own senses.  You deny that A is A.  You are not rational, and therefore, not moral.  You are opposed to the productive genius of free men, but also disagree with the reasonable destruction of those who would destroy.  It is impossible to reconcile this contradiction, but you even refuse to acknowledge the two mutually exclusive beliefs.  You fail to do what you need most in this life to do:
Check your premises.

You have just received an Objectivist Smackdown [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There are some serious hypocrites in this thread.
View Quote

you hit the nail square on the head on that one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]
If anyone thinks that a book with two guys walking on the beach holding hands is something our kids should see,  speak up.

I mean it, lets hear it,  you guys that said I did the wrong thing I want to hear it straight up that our kids are better off looking through dating books designed for faggots than reading kids books or even books about guns.

The fact of the matter is the book was displayed as a new release and was COVER OUT and kids eye level.  I got pissed and flushed it....I'm a hypocrite how???
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#33]
I dunno about a hypocrite, but you are a thief and a "bookburner".  

I haven't read all the posts but you have tried to claim that your moral judgements should take precedence over others.  If you seek to deny others the privileges you take upon yourself -stealing and destroying library property - because you disagree with it, why can't others with equally strong views on some subjects be allowed the same rights?  Anti-gunners would like to do the same thing.  If you can do it, why can't they?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I haven't read all the posts but you have tried to claim that your moral judgements should take precedence over others.  If you seek to deny others the privileges you take upon yourself -stealing and destroying library property - because you disagree with it, why can't others with equally strong views on some subjects be allowed the same rights?  Anti-gunners would like to do the same thing.  If you can do it, why can't they?
View Quote
Remember when firemen [i]put out[/i] fires?
Me neither.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't steal the book I destroyed it, so maybe you should retract the theif part???

I am not a stupid person, I understand your point.

My point is I was trying to send a message to the library staff.  That's why I tore it in half and threw it in the toilet.  It didn't go down the drain it just stayed in the pot.

I don't think offensive shit like 2 faggots holding hands should be AT EYE LEVEL TO KIDS.

Do you understand that???
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If anyone thinks that a book with two guys walking on the beach holding hands is something our kids should see,  speak up.

I mean it, lets hear it,  you guys that said I did the wrong thing I want to hear it straight up that our kids are better off looking through dating books designed for faggots than reading kids books or even books about guns.

The fact of the matter is the book was displayed as a new release and was COVER OUT and kids eye level.  I got pissed and flushed it....I'm a hypocrite how???
View Quote

oh bullshit, so you're telling us you did it for the children.....you certainly are a hyprocrite, if you would use that same thinking that soccer moms say about guns, "dangerous toys" etc..point is it's not your call to make what folks read or see. and you certainly have no RIHGT TO DESTROY public property....fuckin' nazi wannabe.

there is a lot of things I don't agree with, but that is what this country was founded on, expressing things that not everybody may agree with. so you took it on yourself to be a some kind of self appointed library nazi.

so in your view, only books and magazines that don't offend you is OK.....but others aren't.

I don't like see the bibles in hotel rooms....but I don't go around and destroying them, becasue it's not my call to do it.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

oh bullshit, so you're telling us you did it for the children.....you certainly are a hyprocrite, if you would use that same thinking that soccer moms say about guns, "dangerous toys" etc..point is it's not your call to make what folks read or see. and you certainly have no RIHGT TO DESTROY public property....fuckin' nazi wannabe.

there is a lot of things I don't agree with, but that is what this country was founded on, expressing things that not everybody may agree with. so you took it on yourself to be a some kind of self appointed library nazi.

so in your view, only books and magazines that don't offend you is OK.....but others aren't.

I don't like see the bibles in hotel rooms....but I don't go around and destroying them, becasue it's not my call to do it.  

View Quote

Did you answer the question or just call names??

Don't judge me you fucking nazi wannabe.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

In this state sir, you would be considered a vandal and likely a felon for destroying public property.  Your actions were wrong and not just a little bit.  While I too find the subject matter of the book in question objectionable, and its placement was perhaps inappropriate, what you did was far worse.  A proper course of action would be to take the book to the head librarian, calmly voice your concerns and threaten to call the news media if the situation isn't corrected.  What you did was destroy public property and piss on the 1st amendment every bit as much as the antis would like to piss on the second.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don't judge me.
View Quote

I'll judge you what you really are...some kind of cheap self appointed nazi wannabe. you have NO RIGHT WHAT SO EVER to destroy magazines or books or anything else that isn't yours, becasue it offends you, that isn't your call to make. if you have a problem with that type of material you bring it up to the library personnel, asswipe. if I went around destroying bibles and post it on this board, you'll probably be one of the first morons to flame me.

Quoted:
View Quote

it's "people" like you, that I'm truely disgusted to call a American.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't judge me.
View Quote

I'll judge you what you really are...some kind of cheap self appointed nazi wannabe. you have NO RIGHT WHAT SO EVER to destroy magazines or books or anything else that isn't yours, becasue it offends you, that isn't your call to make. if you have a problem with that type of material you bring it up to the library personnel, asswipe. if I went around destroying bibles and post it on this board, you'll probably be one of the first morons to flame me.

it's people like you, that I'm truely disgusted to call a American.

View Quote

Did you answer the question yet or are you still ranting and raving???
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#41]
What the crap? Again I lurk here and it looks like it's right out of the DU site. Are there DU infiltrators here?

I check this site out for many reasons, but they are primarily FIREARM and 2nd Ammendment related. I don't wanna hear a bunch of crap about burning books. I think that the man's main premise was the fact that THIS GARBAGE SHOULD NOT, and let me repeat, NOT BE ACCESSIBLE TO MINORS. Of what value is it? And don't give me the "to teach tolerance" arguement. Is that the same "tolerance" that the left teaches about the 2nd Ammendment?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Did you answer the question yet or are you still ranting and raving???
View Quote

goddamn are you that stupid or what? I've answered your question.....

"I mean it, lets hear it, you guys that said I did the wrong thing I want to hear it straight up that our kids are better off looking through dating books designed for faggots than reading kids books or even books about guns."

that is not your call to make, unless it involves your child....you can't make that call for every child that goes into that library....and you certainly have no right to destroy that magazine. so I repeat again you're nothing but a nazi wannabe, who thinks he knows what people should be reading or exposed to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What the crap? Again I lurk here and it looks like it's right out of the DU site. Are there DU infiltrators here?

I check this site out for many reasons, but they are primarily FIREARM and 2nd Ammendment related. I don't wanna hear a bunch of crap about burning books. I think that the man's main premise was the fact that THIS GARBAGE SHOULD NOT, and let me repeat, NOT BE ACCESSIBLE TO MINORS. Of what value is it? And don't give me the "to teach tolerance" arguement. Is that the same "tolerance" that the left teaches about the 2nd Ammendment?
View Quote

I honestly don't care if anyone agrees with the subject matter of the book or not.  Vandalism and the stifling of free speech and the printed word is wrong. Destroying public property is wrong.  The knife cuts both ways.  If we want someone not to infringe on beliefs that we hold, then we don't infringe on theirs.  I'm sure any objection could have been dealt with without committing a felony, but this person simply chose to become a felon because he did not like the subject matter and presentation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow, its amazing how irrationally some people on this board think.  

[size=6][red]TOPIC: HOMOSEXUALITY IN LIBRARIES[/red][/size=6]

[size=6][red]WHO GOES TO LIBRARIES MOST? CHILDREN!!![/red][/size=6]

[size=6][red]IS HOMOSEXUALITY AN UNNATURAL ACT?  YES[/red][/size=6]

[size=6][red]DOES IT HAVE A PLACE AROUND CHILDEN? NOOOOOOO![/red][/size=6]

So we're left with the issue of where it does belong.  In my opinion, its best left in the closet.  I wouldn't want my kids seeing queers kissing in the street or holding hands.  Kids should not grow up thinking its alright to kiss other kids of the same sex because that's what is in the books, on tv and in the LIBRARY.

You people sound as if we're fascists because we're removing material that contains unnatural acts, which in the eyes of god are evil, that shouldn't be near children and are just plain NOT education worthy.

You want that shit?  Order it or go to Barnes and Noble.  Better yet, keep it in the Village book stores where other sexual miscreants hang out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Meanwhile libraries won't have Playboy.
View Quote

[i]EXACTLY!![/i]  Steryr see's the hypocracy!! Do you?

[blue][u]Disclaimer: IN NO WAY do I support porn in public libraries.[/u][/blue]

Homo's have an agenda, and it's to press their perversness onto others including kids. "Do it for the children" really has meaning concerning this. I applaud this old fella, he has the guts to stand up against pervertedness.

HOMO's: Wanna get your homo magazine read, put it where people can BUY it, not in a library.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
HOMO's: Wanna get your homo magazine read, put it where people can BUY it, not in a library.
View Quote

Nope...we will put'em [not porn]in any place were people want to read about the subject. If you don't like it, take it up with the library the right and......LEGAL WAY.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Nope...we will put'em [not porn]in any place were people want to read about the subject. If you don't like it, take it up with the library the right and......LEGAL WAY.
View Quote

I unwillingly saw that particular magazine cover as I walked into barnes & noble.  
HOMO's: [b]It's [soft]porn just like "maxim", and has no place in the public library.[/b]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Porn [soft core] is in the eye of the beholder....Maxim doesn't do anything for me, anyway the point is this, if you pull gay rags from libraries as offensive then you open the door for gun magazines to be pulled by the soccer moms.

and by the way I'd more worried about what my kid see's on MTV,I'd be trickled shitless just to see a kid reading period.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Your a homo huh???   [sex]  [50]

If I see that trash in my local libraries where kids can get to it,  I will rip it and throw it in the toilet.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#50]
I am not debating at all the merits of the books or magazines in question.  I don't care for this purpose.  Destroying public property is wrong, and destroying publicly owned books because you don't like the content is a criminal act.  If you don't like the content, or the display of the book, then complain, start petitions, call the news media, sue the library, etc.  Censorship is however wrong in the public domain.  

It is perfectly legitimate to equate this attitude to the second ammendment argument as the second and first ammendments are equally important.  Ripping up that book was no diffent than a soccer mom throwing preban colts into the smelter.  Same thing.  As I stated, I certianly don't care for the content of the book, nor do I think its appropriate to put it where children will see it.  There are other ways to go about it however and you sir have chosen to choose felonious conduct over other probably more productive methods.  I hope the potential loss of your right to own guns is worth it.

That slope keeps getting more slippery all the time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top