Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 9:00:37 AM EDT
www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031772290801&path=!news&s=1045855934842

Former Gordonsville police officer charged

BY REED WILLIAMS
MEDIA GENERAL NEWS SERVICE

Nov 25, 2003

A former Gordonsville police officer is accused of trading his service pistol for drugs and going on a three-day "cocaine bender" in Fredericksburg, that city's top prosecutor said.

The former officer, Emerson Brown, was indicted yesterday on charges of embezzlement and possession of cocaine, both felonies, and two misdemeanor charges: filing a false report and obstruction of justice, said Charles S. Sharp, Fredericksburg commonwealth's attorney.

Orange County sheriff's deputies had not arrested Brown as of late yesterday because they had not yet obtained arrest warrants, Sheriff C.G. Feldman said.

Brown disappeared from Orange County on Oct. 10 and turned up Oct. 13 in Fredericksburg's Mayfield neighborhood, which police say contains one of the city's biggest illegal drug markets. During his absence, Brown missed work and failed to pick up his daughter from a school bus stop.

When Fredericksburg police located Brown, he told them he had been robbed of his service pistol by two individuals while driving them from an Orange County Sheetz to Fredericksburg.

The embezzlement charge stems from the allegation that he traded his .40-caliber Glock, property of the Gordonsville Police Department, for cocaine. The weapon has not been found. Sharp said Brown was not caught with any drugs but that witnesses had seen him using cocaine.

Brown has been fired from the Gordonsville Police Department. He could not be reached for comment yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#1]
did the cocaine make it home safe?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
AAHHHHHHHH!
BLASPHEMY! How dare you post such nonsense of our role model police officer's that way. We all know that cops would never do such thing's.
I AM SHOCKED!
Dont ever question the man, people.
They deserve to snort as much as they want, as well as cap who ever they want for whatever reason's.
That was my impression of the AR.15 police lapdog's, cop worshiping, nerd's, that get offended whenever you question authority.

Aint I funny? LOL.

Fenster.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Jackass
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]

failed to pick up his daughter from a school bus stop.
View Quote

What a complete ass!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]
But opponents of concealed carry laws often argue that [u]only[/u] the police should be allowed to carry guns because they’ve undergone specialized [I]background checks[/I] and the appropriate [I]training[/I] to keep their guns from falling into the wrong hands.  This article just can’t be true.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Now who around here wanted drugs legalized?
Had this been a fellow officer, I'd have locked him up myself. We don't condone this crap anymore than anyone else. Probably less. We have some former officers in prison and unemployed to prove it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Well isn't that special!

Suppose his "Brother Officers" will arrest him and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law?

HA!

We'd get more punishment by mearly posessing a LEO-only magazine.

Only the FINEST boys in Blue......... right?

Too bad the "Academy" didn't tell him that those "drugs" are "illegal".
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Had this been a fellow officer, I'd have locked him up myself. We don't condone this crap anymore than anyone else. Probably less. We have some former officers in prison and unemployed to prove it.
View Quote

Nope it would have been swept behind the big blue wall, till he acidentaly shot somone on patrol then that would be coverd up too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope it would have been swept behind the big blue wall, till he acidentaly shot somone on patrol then that would be coverd up too.
View Quote

WRONG. I can't speak for his department but ours has a zero tolerance policy. We have to submit to random drug tests with no prior notice.  That is as it should be. If we have drugs in our system we're gone. No second chance. If it's found on us, we're subject to arrest. Period. If we're involved in a shooting, we're tested. If we're killed in the line of duty, an autopsy is preformed.  If drugs are found, we forfeit all retirement and survivor benifits.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they were legal, what would have happened to this cop would probably be the same thing that happens to alcoholic cops today; he’d be taken care of by his department.

Alcohol, of which currently the Government has not declared a war against (and based on the kind of job they currently do, let’s hope that never happens), has ruined far more people’s lives than drugs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to surmise that Emerson Brown was, in fact, brown.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Now whats he going to shoot dogs with?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now whats he going to shoot dogs with?
View Quote

Or people in Nissan 350Z's

Fenster.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of you guys are just anti cop assholes. If you think about it cops are human beings and subject to fucking up just like everyone else.
What do you do for a living?
Anybody in your line of work ever get busted for drugs?
Well then let's lump you in with them and say you are a druggie piece of shit. How do you feel now?

Cops are probably harder on bad cops then they are on other bad guys. We are proud of the job we do and do not want our image tarnished. Does it get tarnished? Hell yes everytime someone like this messes up. Does it mean all cops are bad no. Does it mean most cops are bad? Not even close. If I had to guess I would say cops are some of the most honest, hard working people out there. We follow the law and take a dim view of anyone who doesn't.

Some Judges drink to much and cheat on thier taxes.
Some Doctors are addicted to drugs and beat thier spouses.
Some Bus Drivers molest children.
Some Electrical workers shoplift.
Some Priests molest Alter Boys.
Some Teachers cheated in college.
Etc... Etc......  
As long as they keep using human beings for Police officers there are going to be good ones and bad ones. But the vast majority I have known are very, very good. Can you say the same about the people in your line of work?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
AAHHHHHHHH!
BLASPHEMY! How dare you post such nonsense of our role model police officer's that way. We all know that cops would never do such thing's.
I AM SHOCKED!
They deserve to snort as much as they want, as well as cap who ever they want for whatever reason's.
That was my impression of the AR.15 police lapdog's, cop worshiping, nerd's, that get offended whenever you question authority.

Aint I funny? LOL.

Fenster.
View Quote

You are a complete ass. I hope that when you need them, they have read your posts and decide to let you fend for yourself.

Classic: Smear 100% for the screwups of the 0.1%...
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some of you guys are just anti cop assholes. ...
View Quote

Which is the reason that arguing with them is so pointless.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Its not like he gave away a good gun

[flame]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Some of you guys are just anti cop assholes.
View Quote

Calling me "anti-Cop" is like calling Keith Richards anti-drug.

[foghorn leghorn] I say, I say, boy. That dog thing was a joke, you see. A joke son.[/foghorn leghorn]

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Calling me "anti-Cop" is like calling Keith Richards anti-drug.

[foghorn leghorn] I say, I say, boy. That dog thing was a joke, you see. A joke son.[/foghorn leghorn]

View Quote

[samkinison]rock against drugs...yeah.  That's like "Christians Against Christ"! [/samkinison]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#22]

*blah-blah-blah*

Fenster.
View Quote

Are you even old enough to own a gun? Wouldn't your social worker be pissed if she found out you were mouthing off like this?  Take your fucking ritalin kid, and go do your homework. I'll bet you're flunking english.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But opponents of concealed carry laws often argue that [u]only[/u] the police should be allowed to carry guns because they’ve undergone specialized [I]background checks[/I] and the appropriate [I]training[/I] to keep their guns from falling into the wrong hands.  This article just can’t be true.
View Quote

Well ever see the movie "The Bad Lieutenant"?
Enough Said.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Cops Suck. Any bet the cop was black?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#25]
My post was not directed at you Sukebe, it was for the usual suspects like Fenster and The Cheat. They never met a cop they like and take any opportunity to celebrate when one fails to live up to the very high standards we expect of them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't pay much attention to Fenster. He's probably the number 2 account of a regular member. Sometimes people like to stir the pot and keep their anonymity. Some members have 2 or 3 identities. I suppose everyone needs a couple.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AAHHHHHHHH!
I AM SHOCKED!

Aint I funny? LOL.

Fenster.
View Quote

You are a complete ass. I hope that when you need them, they have read your posts and decide to let you fend for yourself.

Classic: Smear 100% for the screwups of the 0.1%...
View Quote

Your are more than welcome to kiss my ass too if you want. LOL
I'm not bagging on cop's Im just trying to poke a little fun to the WANNBEE's in here.
And trust me, I have never had a use for a cop, other than to recieve parking tickets for an expired parking meter.

Fenster.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

*blah-blah-blah*

Fenster.
View Quote

Are you even old enough to own a gun? Wouldn't your social worker be pissed if she found out you were mouthing off like this?  Take your fucking ritalin kid, and go do your homework. I'll bet you're flunking english.

View Quote

Yeah, I own several badass gun's that would probaly tempt you to pawn you POS's in exchange for one of mine. I havent yet had a need for a social worker.
Ritalin ? Kid ? Homework ? English ?
You obviously dont know me do you ?
Its ok, Im sure you wouldnt like me anymore in person than in here.
You are also more than welcome to kiss my ass.

Have a nice day sir.
Fenster.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My post was not directed at you Sukebe, it was for the usual suspects like Fenster and The Cheat. They never met a cop they like and take any opportunity to celebrate when one fails to live up to the very high standards we expect of them.
View Quote

I never said I didnt like cop's, hell, I have quite a few friends that are LEO's, some of them are in here as well. Like I said, I only poke fun at the loser's that worship other public servents. Kinda like yourself.

Fenster. Not a cop hater.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#30]
God Damnit, cops are people.  I know, it's us and civilians.  Shit happens.  If this happened, crucify the bastard.  Simple as that...  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#31]
One more felon off the street. I hope he gets LIFE or the ELECTRIC CHAIR.
When are we gonna hear stories about cops actually doing what they get paid for? (stopping crimes not clean up after the fact) All this negative cop shit is getting old!

Did I just say that? LOL
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
AAHHHHHHHH!
I AM SHOCKED!

Aint I funny? LOL.

Fenster.
View Quote

More like retarded, you are soooooo in the wrong place here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of us have reason to be anti-cop!!

Assholes?.......No!

Cops are probably harder on bad cops then they are on other bad guys.
View Quote

BULL F@&KING SHIT!!! That's a DAMN LIE! I've seen THAT face to face......Cops cover for Cops, PERIOD!

We are proud of the job we do and do not want our image tarnished.
View Quote

Ooops......too late!

View Quote

You forgot the part about taking bribes......Yep! Seen that too.

View Quote

Wow.....they should now apply to the police academy.
Seems they have the qualifications.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wouldn't pay much attention to Fenster. He's probably the number 2 account of a regular member. Sometimes people like to stir the pot and keep their anonymity. Some members have 2 or 3 identities. I suppose everyone needs a couple.
View Quote

Well now,
Apparently you say that we all need at least 2 or 3 identities. To me it sounds like if there is any punk,bitch ass troll's around here, that you would be one of them.
I can guarantee you that I have never had more than one account in here, you can even ask any moderator's. I dont need to hide behind a different handle to speak my opinion. I am not afraid of any of your thoughts on me, and I am certainly like that in person too. Maybe some day you will have the plesure of meeting a good standup guy like myself. Not to many of us arround.
ask members of AZ about me, theyll tell you.

Fenster. Not a troll
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AAHHHHHHHH!
I AM SHOCKED!

Aint I funny? LOL.

Fenster.
View Quote

More like retarded, you are soooooo in the wrong place here.
View Quote

With winers like yourself, I think I maybe.LOL

Fenster. the retard.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Fenster not a cop hater
Fenster not a troll
Fenster the retard

Well one out of three is your score.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of us have reason to be anti-cop!!

Assholes?.......No!

Cops are probably harder on bad cops then they are on other bad guys.
View Quote

BULL F@&KING SHIT!!! That's a DAMN LIE! I've seen THAT face to face......Cops cover for Cops, PERIOD!

We are proud of the job we do and do not want our image tarnished.
View Quote

Ooops......too late!

View Quote

You forgot the part about taking bribes......Yep! Seen that too.

View Quote

Wow.....they should now apply to the police academy.
Seems they have the qualifications.

View Quote

And then the vendetta crowd walked in....
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fenster not a cop hater
Fenster not a troll
Fenster the retard

Well one out of three is your score.
View Quote

LOL
I guess I kinda fucked my self there.LOL
good catch.

Fenster. the one out of three.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#39]
(as i'm pointing my finger at people) SCREW YOU,SCREW YOU,SCREW YOU,your cool, SCREW YOU,AND SCREW YOU.......i'm out

IBTL
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
(as i'm pointing my finger at people) SCREW YOU,SCREW YOU,SCREW YOU,your cool, SCREW YOU,AND SCREW YOU.......i'm out

IBTL
View Quote

Bushmaster made a funny. [LOL]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top