Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 7:26:53 AM EDT
I am calling around Italy gun shops and friends to organize something called "Black Rifle Challenge".

It will be the first AR15 owners meeting in Italy.

The amazing thing is that there are no AR15 coming from USA!

Importation times, due to BATF requirements for documentation, are BYBLICAL.

Results? Very few AR15 (Colt, Oly and whatever...) available and stratospheric prices even for crap like Norinco. And I don't want to touch the spare part subject... it even more SCARY!

This not since 9/11 but this year...

What the hell is happening in USA?

BTW, it seems that someone in Germany smelled business: H&K is preparing a civilian version of his G36.
No I am not talking about the SL8, but a REAL version for civilian market of the G36: the only difference is the mag capacity (limited to 10 rounds) and the open-fixed stock.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no 'right' to bear arms in the import/export world.  Thus, the government is free to write the rules, and the government DOES NOT LIKE the non military firearms business.  It does not suprise me that they make it difficult (impossible).
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You're right of course, but it sounds like another distance put between America and Europe.

Furthermore, It will address European RKBA supporters to turn their back to USA made products: I cant spend 1500 US $ (now almost 2500 US $!!!) to buy an AR15 and if something stupid get broken to have a useless piece of american steel in my vault...

I think this policy is bringing damage to USA firearms manufacturers... and believe me it's a real disaster!

I hope that in the near future things will change into normality and after-9/11-paranoia will stop... I never saw a terrorist buying his firearms legally!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top