Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 6:50:59 AM EDT

GEUDA SPRINGS, Kan. — Residents of this tiny south-central Kansas community have passed an ordinance requiring most households to have guns and ammunition. Noncomplying residents would be fined $10 under the ordinance, passed 3-2 earlier this month by City Council members who thought it would help protect the town of 210 people. Those who suffer from physical or mental disabilities, paupers and people who conscientiously oppose firearms would be exempt. "This ordinance fulfills the duty to protect by allowing each individual householder to provide for his or her protection," said Councilman John Brewer.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
also note this town has no PD..

and the city att is asking the council to reconsider
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I was driving home to Kansas City from Wichita last Tuesday evening, and came across an AM talk radio show that I think was from Texas. (Ain't the ionosphere cool?) The host's name was Phil Henry, I think. He had a woman on the show who was the president of her homeowners' association. She was making firearm ownership mandatory for all residents on the HA. In listening to her pitch, it seems as though her real motivation was sensationalism, as she kept touting that her HA has been named the "HA of the Year" and that she is the "HA President of the Year" and that no HA in history has ever done anything like this and isn't she smart for thinking it up. Does anyone have any other information on this issue? I tried to Google "Phil Henry Radio" but came up dry for the radio show.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
duplicate thread, ibtl

also, just because a town has no independent police force does not mean it has no police.  it's patrolled by the sheriff's office.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Duplicate thread my ass.  where's the other one?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Why should free people be required by law to carry a weapon? They should be free to be defenseless if they choose. It is their life, not someone elses.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What the hell... I vote that we pool our money, and all move there.

ARF.com GROUP BUY!!!![:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top