Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 5:18:55 PM EDT
From here:  www.msnbc.com/news/997146.asp?0cv=KB10&cp1=1

On Friday night, FBI Director Robert Mueller called police chiefs in Washington, New York and Los Angeles,while Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge called the mayors. “We’re asking you to go to a higher state of alert,” said Mueller. But the Feds shied away from raising the national threat level to Orange (high), for fear of crying wolf.

WTF?  Aren't these the same cities we were all discussing last week?

In my view, there are two possiblities:

1.  There WAS some substance to those threats, and the feds are tracking some sort of actual planning related to those sites.

-or-

2.  Our "inteligence" is so completely fucked that our .gov is simply reacting to teenagers posting messages on muslim internet sites.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Friday would be perfect.  Lots of people out, its an over commercialized prelude to Christmas, and even the cops tend to take the day off.  Oh boy.  Ops
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
C'mon guys, how many times have we seen this thread?  Are they going to hit us when I'm taking a crap? How about when I'm backing out of the garage? What if they hijack the space shuttle?

If they hit, they'll hit. We'll deal with it then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top