Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 2:29:21 PM EDT
I have been shooting for 36 years now. Not always steady, & not always a lot. I had no mentor, & most of my friends while gun lovers, weren't into compatition, or getting training other than just shooting for fun.
I had basic marksmanship training in the Corps, 18 years ago. I already was a good shot when I got there, having varmint hunted, & other types of shoting, & hunting sports to some extent.
I have never competed, or had any other type of training, & I really don't have a clue as to where to begin. I though of going to Thunder Ranch, or Gunsite, but I don't really have that kind of money right now. I don't really know if IPSC is something I would like, as I don't really know that much about it.
I like the idea of learning to use my guns for home defense, personal defense, & hunting, & just having fun, but I don't know what direction to look for training that would be benaficial to me in these areas. I feel like a beginer, & would like to get some training so I will be better prepaired if the need should ever arise.
Pleas make some recomendations to me as to the who,what,were, & why's of it, so I can start to find my way into what would behelpfull for me to know as far as what training I should get. Oh, & money is an obstacle right now, but I can start to save for it, if I know what I'm saving for.
I have 4 .45's, 1 M-4, & 1 AR-15 a2 for combat style type training. No shotgun at present, but I could remedy that.
         Thanks for your help in this matter, Searcher out
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
find a local ipsc club and go check it out. it is a lot of fun.

As for training ask around your local shops and ranges. Be careful of "INSTRUCTORS" and pick one with some references. There are a lot of guys teaching classes that don't have a clue.

I have a good friend down here that handles the SIG pistol and tacticle training for the region. I am sure he could recommend someone in your area if need be.

mike
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
TBS got it IPSC, all you learn there can be used for what you want.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
IPSC
www.uspsa.org

IDPA
www.idpa.com

Both sites have club locators.
Come out and have some fun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Your mailbox is full Aimless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top