Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 5:28:08 PM EDT
Next Saturday I'll be driving along Minnesota's north shore and entering Canada through Thunder Bay, then dropping back down into U.P.Michigan and along Wisconsin's south shore, and finally back into Minnesota. A circle tour of Lake Superior is approximately 1,300 miles. I'll be taking my time and plan to be back for Thanksgiving. What can I expect to pay for a decent motel while in Ontario? Anything going on up there that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
ViCAP
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Snow.

Also, depends on hotel.

Oh yeah, dont stay in Superior spend the night in Duluth.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay at a place just about 5 miles or so North of Duluth called the Tradding Post.Hehehe. We stayed there once just because it was so bad looking we couldn't resist trying it out. There are some nice hotels in Superior, but Duluth is a much nice town. There is a place in Duluth called the Trading Post as well, but it's down town, & I enjoyed it because it's like a museam/freak show/Adams Family house. Have fun, & I hope you don't freeze to death up in that frozen waste land!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually right now I'm staying 20 miles south of Duluth (grew up in the area) so I'll drive through there that morning and won't need to sleep until somewhere around Nipigon Ontario.

Should I leave my Bushmaster at home?

Edited to add: I've also been to the "Trading Post" downtown on Superior St. and stuff like this ----> hangs from the wall. That place is scary!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Snow.

Oh yeah, dont stay in Superior spend the night in Duluth.

i live in Superior.  i can see the lk from my front steps.  great fishing here!  some places here are fine, just don't stay at the androy hotel.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a fun road trip...any particular reason, or "just because"?

I kind of like the Thunder Bay area...stayed at "Sleeping Giant Provincial Park" (or something along those lines) not to far away from there.  Tent-camping (I don't consider RVs as "camping).  Of course, we DID go in august, so it was a *bit* warmer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know of any events that aren't year round.

Visit the locks at Sault St. Marie.
Take the boat to see Pictured Rocks.
Eat a Pastie.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know of any events that aren't year round.

Visit the locks at Sault St. Marie.
Take the boat to see Pictured Rocks.
Eat a Pastie.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#9]
How much would you charge to ship me one of Betty's pies? Ummm Um
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top