Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2003 9:56:24 PM EDT
I was watching the story of the family on tv.  Considering how the Kennedy boys basically walked into office with the media and money behind them thank to their father, it's kind of a sick divine justice they were laid low by assassins.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't like the idea of people whacking my fellow citizens, but other than that I've never understood the furor myself. The idolatry directed at the Kennedys - for which I see no justification - has only made me care less.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Something is sick alright....and it has nothing to do with the Kennedy's

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
but other than that I've never understood the furor myself.

i think the 'furor' is over the most powerful person in the world being assasinated, not an everyday occurence
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just saying there's some kind of poetic justice at work.  Aristocrats with these kinds of advantages and just steamrollering other aspirants.........only to see their boys gunned down after they win.  You cant fail to see a sort of settling of accounts in the cosmic scheme of things.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
His Dad was a bootlegger tied to the mobs who tried to purchase political positions for all 3 kids using his bootleg cash and mob connections for union votes, etc.

Not to mention running a monopoly on irish whiskey for a time, which is illegal per US law.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Not the cleanest of families but JFK was a fellow Sailor and I give him the proper accolades for that but he did manage to collide with an enemy destroyer?  WTF?  The only thing that made him a hero was the ensuing struggle for survival by he and his crew.  I mean he could have at least heard the destroyer coming right?  Not a very sea savvy officer, but then if it was a CPO or someone like running the PT boat we may have never had the PT 109 incident

Agian I wan't there and I am probably way off. Hey it sux when the pres gets whacked whatever his politics.  He's still the boss and it only hurts us all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember reading a book years ago where a guy that was in his squadron said he was the laughingstock of it for allowing the most maneuverable boat in the navy to get run over by a destroyer.Also read in a book very shortly ago that he was about to get courtmartialed for the PT109 episode,deriliction of duty.

It seems he let some of his crew sleep and he was just idling along on 1 engine,definately not ready for combat when that destroyer came bearing down on him.By the time courtmartial papers were ready to be filed,his dad had made sure the papers had gotten the story of that nite and he was an instant hero.We can't courtmartial a hero, now can we???
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]
It seems to me I read that there was something fishy with the vote tally (in Illinois?) which was enough to decide a close presidential race.  I'll have to see if I can find something...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It seems to me I read that there was something fishy with the vote tally (in Illinois?) which was enough to decide a close presidential race.  I'll have to see if I can find something...

I don't know about the validity of it, but, I was told by my old man that lot's of dead people voted in Illinois during that election.

-HS
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Wasn't the old man, Joe, part of the appeasment crowd aong with Chamberlin in England before WWII? Definaatly against the war.. fullclip
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#12]
What would your opinions have been in 1996 if Bill Clinton was assassinated?

Me thinks a cheer would have went up by most of us. Think about it. Be honest.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:27:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't like Clinton, not a fan of the Kennedy's.  But the people of the United States of America elected them as presidents. Then someone decided to remove the man we elected for us.   Our republic with the president is the core of our nation and constitution. Reguardless of politics, if a president needs to be removed, it should be done by the propper means provided by the law. Cheering the death of any of our presidents sounds like treason to me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:33:49 AM EDT
[#14]

I definately know what i would think. Assination of an American leader, pond scum or not, is not to be tolerated. The man was elected our leader, loved or not, and the office has to be respected.

Our position as citizens/gunowners does not allow us to make individual decisions on who to "take out" because of thier politics. This is the difference in us and the third world, where the gun speaks for them... fullclip

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:43:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Kennedy saw the need for and basically formed Special Forces.  The Special Forces School is named after him.

That is one part of his legacy that has changed the world for the better.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:33:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

the shooter!..............
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:45:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank you FreeAmerica and Fullclip for being an American.

Some of you guys need to evaluate what you posted.

Tj
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#18]
[chime in]For what it's worth, I think we'd have been better off with Kennedy in office than Johnson. We'll never know. John Kennedy's father Joe was against the war and made it widely known.  He was ambassador to Great Britain and his stance was very unpopular. I'm sure he greased the rails for his son's political career any way he could. I remember my uncles commenting on the 1960 election. They were of the opinion that Mayor Daley's ballot box stuffing won the election for Kennedy. Nixon was aware of it, but declined a recount. According to information recently released some people think John Kennedy may have been the victim of a coup d'etat. I hope I spelled that right.  Whether he was or not, his murder did not make things any better. [/chime in off]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:54:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

[selfquote]Oh sh!t now we got Gore![/selfquote]

Tae
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#20]
JFK had his vice's, like all of us, but despite them, I haven't heard anyone praise Kennedy for the handling of the Russians regarding Cuba. Almost all of his advisors wanted to strike the Russians first (a sneak attack, like the Japs did on Pearl harbor)...but RFK refused to accept this position and he presented an alternative plan that was successful and which also proved to the Russians that JFK and America were not to be messed with.  Nuclear war was averted, the Russians removed the nukes from Cuba and we removed ours from Turkey.   And guess what?  We are all still alive and with our families.  

Kudos to RFK and JFK for taking a "smart" approach to the situation, rather than taking and implementing the advice of all those military nazi's wanting to start a nuclear war.

I think Eisenhower said before he left office, "beware of the military ind. complex"

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm just saying there's some kind of poetic justice at work.  Aristocrats with these kinds of advantages and just steamrollering other aspirants.........only to see their boys gunned down after they win.  You cant fail to see a sort of settling of accounts in the cosmic scheme of things.

Careful, our current Predident could be viewed in such a manner.

It seems to me I read that there was something fishy with the vote tally (in Illinois?) which was enough to decide a close presidential race. I'll have to see if I can find something...
Here as well. Florida comes to mind.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#23]
_________ FU**ING H. ___________!!!  

I cannot believe that ANY American could feel good about the President of the U.S., whatever his party affiliation or political ideology, being assasinated!!!!  

I guess if some yahoo, god forbid, takes Pres. Bush out on this trip to London, you guys wont' feel bad about that, either.  

Unbelieavable.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Who else but the Kennedys could spit in the face of convention, concerning their blatant nepotism, and almost never be held to task?
Can you imagine the capital of the United States, awash with any other name, but Kennedy, during the Presidency of the same name, with no cry of foul play?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#26]
There is a very interesting program running on (I believe) TLC this month about "The men who shot Kennedy".

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh yeah? Spit in the face of convention, like seperate but equal and whites only, right?      
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:00:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't know how we cannot continue to feel bad about an American president being assassinated??

This is the freely elected leader of our country.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Continue to feel bad?

About what happened on November 22, 1963?

Sure, go right ahead.

Eric The(JustRememberThe10,000DayWar)Hun

...I am grieving instead for the US dead in Vietnam who followed him into that dark night.

Hun,

Let me rephrase ...

"Regret/grieve for that a president in the same way that we grieve for 'those who followed him into that dark night'."

Jeff(JustGrieveThePresidentAlso)Allen
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I was watching the story of the family on tv.  Considering how the Kennedy boys basically walked into office with the media and money behind them thank to their father, it's kind of a sick divine justice they were laid low by assassins.

So let me get this straight..........

You're changing your opinion of an entire family, based on the revalations of a TV program?

Is that about it?

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
His Dad was a bootlegger tied to the mobs who tried to purchase political positions for all 3 kids using his bootleg cash and mob connections for union votes, etc.

Not to mention running a monopoly on irish whiskey for a time, which is illegal per US law.

And since it was Irish Whiskey, a sin in the eyes of God.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Clinton or not, it is un-American to wish for a US President to be assassinated. That is stooping to the level of the DUers. Cracking a smile if his helicopter had crashed, now that is a different story.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I don't know how we cannot continue to feel bad about an American president being assassinated??

This is the freely elected leader of our country.  

Are your guts still in an uproar over the assassination of Garfield? Are legions of people trading loopy theories about the death of McKinley? All Presidential killings are very bad. They are, in fact, illegal. They are also historical events long past. None of them warrants the level of obsession and maudlin public emotion  which attends the Kennedy assassination. Certainly the killing of Kennedy was a greater crime that the killing of Tupac Shakur, and Kennedy was probably worth at least a dozen Tupacs, but Kennedy's ongoing  beatification through violence makes no more sense than Tupac's.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#35]
May God forgive me, but I have no pity whatsoever for JFK.

That back-stabbing son of a bitch left family members of mine to rot and die on the beaches of the Bay of Pigs. I hope he suffered horribly from the first bullet wound before the second bullet blew his ass into hell.

I have a photo of that scumbag smiling as he reviewed the troops, my uncle being in the front row. It's a true example of Christian love that my uncle, who is a devout Catholic, to this day will not say an ill word about that traitor...

I, regrettably, have not reached that level of grace yet.

ROT IN HELL, TRAITOR!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Traitor?  The guy that averted nuclear war by not listening to his cabinet and all those war-hawk CIA/military advisors who screwed him with bad intel for the invasion of Cuba, just like Bush got bad intel from the CIA  several months ago regarding Iraq's WMD?

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Traitor?  The guy that averted nuclear war by not listening to his cabinet and all those war-hawk CIA/military advisors who screwed him with bad intel for the invasion of Cuba, just like Bush got bad intel from the CIA  several months ago regarding Iraq's WMD?

Excuse me, but when you send people into BATTLE, and you promise them AIR SUPPORT, and, once those people are ON THE BEACH, you WILLFULLY WITHHOLD the promised air support, THEN YOU ARE A FUCKING SCUMBAG PUKE PIECE OF SHIT COMMIE-LOVING LYING BACK-STABBING SPERM-BURPING TRAITOR!

Questions?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Eric I am confused! Need more coffee. Okay you're right, but wasn't CUBA already influenced by the USSR in '61 even before the Bay of Pigs fiasco?

Still,  calling JFK a traitor in not right.
What happened in the Bay of Pigs was not right either.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#40]
A Senate investigating committee revealed that the president had authorized jets from the U.S. aircraft carrier Essex to provide one hour of air cover for the brigade's B-26 bombers on the morning of April 19.  The unmarked jets failed to rendezvous with the bombers,  because the CIA and the Pentagon were unaware of a time zone difference between Nicaragua and Cuba. Two B-26s were shot down and four Americans lost.

So the planes were on the way, but the CIA screwed the mission.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Sirhan-Sirhan just took a huge step UP in my estimation....

I'm convinced that there is an entire gallery in hell paved with the skulls of the Kennedy clan...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#44]
one could say that the BUSH family is the same as the kennedy except theirs came from oil. But nobodys gonna assassinate them cause they suck so bad in office that they are their own worst enemy
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
one could say that the BUSH family is the same as the kennedy ...

Oh, PLEASE!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks Eric, you straightened me out good there.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

If President Bush is so bad in office then you should not worry, for any one of the Nine Dwarves that the DEMOs are considering to run against him, should win quite handily!

Right?

Eric The(Happy)Hun

That's not sor far from being possible. Remember that Bush just barely won the last time against another so called loser. Bush could very well be beaten by one of those "dwarves".
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#50]
The Nine Dwarves or the Nine Black Riders of Mordor?  

'Come back....come baaaackk...come back to the democratic platform we'll take you....'

Bush should make a sweep in the next election.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top