Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 4:52:50 PM EDT
Is nothing sacred:

www.drudgereport.com/mattsb.htm

Santa Claus depicted as womanizing, cursing in front of the kids, scumbag.  Just in time for the holidays.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
When people stop buying, they'll stop making it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What I hate is that people worship Santa Claus, Frosty, and Rudoph but not Christ on Christmas.

People have forgotten the reason for the season.

I guess you missed the Santa Clause one and two right? Pretty funny movies from what I saw of them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My girlfriend keeps on trying to get me in the christmas spirit and get me to buy christmas stuff. I refuse and tell her not until after thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Buy this guy a drink. He's right on the money.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Relax...It's just the only job Bill Clinton could get.

Quoted:
Is nothing sacred:

www.drudgereport.com/mattsb.htm

Santa Claus depicted as womanizing, cursing in front of the kids, scumbag.  Just in time for the holidays.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]

I agree.

I noticed a sharp turn in Follywood's view of Christmas when that necroperv Tim Burton put out "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

For quite a number of years now, anything having anything to do with Christianity is being covered in elephant shit and dunked in a piss bottle... for "entertainment".

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What I hate is that people worship Santa Claus, Frosty, and Rudoph but not Christ on Christmas.

I guess you missed the Santa Clause one and two right? Pretty funny movies from what I saw of them.

If push comes to shove, tell children the story of the real St. Nicholas, a ?Turkish? bishop who gave little girls money to keep them from having to get married to pervs. SC is a celebration of the spirit of this Christian brother who gave his wealth for the benefit of others. [Account is approximate. Google/contact a priest in the apostolic succession for more/better details.]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If push comes to shove, tell children the story of the real St. Nicholas, a ?Turkish? bishop who gave little girls money to keep them from having to get married to pervs. SC is a celebration of the spirit of this Christian brother who gave his wealth for the benefit of others. [Account is approximate. Google/contact a priest in the apostolic succession for more/better details.]

St. Nicholas lived in Asia Minor, and there wasn't a Turk within 5000 miles then. It was still Rome then, under Constantine I.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I noticed a sharp turn in Follywood's view of Christmas when that necroperv Tim Burton put out "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

I thought that was a pretty... very good movie. Not quite standard Christmas type movie, but still well executed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

St. Nicholas lived in Asia Minor, and there wasn't a Turk within 5000 miles then. It was still Rome

Byzantium - the Eastern Empire

then, under Constantine I.

As I said, Google or ask a priest for clarification. There is a noncommercial story behind the patron saint of mindless consumption.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My girlfriend keeps on trying to get me in the christmas spirit and get me to buy christmas stuff. I refuse and tell her not until after thanksgiving.

Amen brother. It pisses me off to no end that stores have already dragged out the Christmas crap and some people already have their tree up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

St. Nicholas lived in Asia Minor, and there wasn't a Turk within 5000 miles then. It was still Rome

Byzantium - the Eastern Empire

then, under Constantine I.

As I said, Google or ask a priest for clarification. There is a noncommercial story behind the patron saint of mindless consumption.

Constantine I was one of the last Emperors of a United Roman Empire. He is the one who built Byzantium into Constantinople.

And the Byzantines were given that name by modern historians. They called themselves Romans...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Jesus Fucking Christ. It is a movie about a MAN that plays Santa in a mall. Was it wrong to have Kramer on Seinfeld telling the kids about communism while dressed as Santa? Or was it funny? Get a life.
tony
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:53:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thirsty
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:10:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thirsty

If I was in the neighborhood, I'd do the honors myself. Since I'm not, you'll just have to die of dehydration or something.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that was a pretty... very good movie. Not quite standard Christmas type movie, but still well executed.

Yeah, that was a cute movie.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thirsty

If I was in the neighborhood, I'd do the honors myself. Since I'm not, you'll just have to die of dehydration or something.

No love to spare...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I agree.

um...that was all MAKE BELIEVE.  It's a huge stretch to say that movie dealt with anything other than how make believe characters in a make believe world *might* do Christmas.  The operative phrase here being "make believe".  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#19]
you know what that movie sounds pretty damn funny in a messed up warped humor sense of way.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
you know what that movie sounds pretty damn funny in a messed up warped humor sense of way.

It is a very good movie.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top