Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/18/2018 9:06:24 AM EDT
Sorry guys, I was drunk last night and again tonight when I posted about an EE deal.  What happened was I posted a WTB thread for a TAVOR, was emailed by a cvtxxpolt with the email address xxxx, which is a suspicious email address referring me to a Jamie, that lives in Valencia, California.

So, I've been talking to the private seller who's not a dealer but a private seller and said he'll take payment in either bank wire transfer or iTunes cards in $100 denominations.

I get these 10 private calls.  I don't answer private calls but I pick it up the last one and talk to this Jamie guy.  I ask if he's in Cali, he says he's in Alabama.  He says he's selling the TAVOR to raise funds for his wifes Chemo.  The wire bank account is for a Cathy Love Pozas in North Carolina.  He's offering the TAVOR for $1200.

I suck at the search function.  I can't find any posts by a cvtxxpolt.  Is there a cvtxxpolt account on AR15.com?  Can anyone confirm the email address of the seller by PM or something?  Am I breaking COC by posting an email address, I'll edit it out?  But that email address is suss.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]
In
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Don’t drink and post
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Send the funds and be happy with your new rifle
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds fishy

I don’t fuck with fishy things

Move on
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd just let this go if I were you, OP.

First step when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.

Stick to non drama threads like your PA Prizm thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Every thread you start is a shit show...

Just sayin
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Welp, that explains the Reaper drone that crashed into a lake last night.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd just let this go if I were you, OP.

First step when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.

Stick to non drama threads like your PA Prizm thread.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sounds fishy

I don't fuck with fishy things

Move on
View Quote
Are you gay?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a scam. Don't do it.  You can find another deal for that rifle
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Send the funds and be happy with your new rifle
View Quote
Be sure to report back with pics of it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds legit.

Dont be a dick. His wife is getting chemo and really needs those iTunes gift cards!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#13]
In before the time out
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just sayin
View Quote
Not trying to.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#15]
No more guns for you. Your sister will just steal this one too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Double down on a lie
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#18]
So his wife’s hospital accepts ITunes gift cards for chemo treatment?

There are so many red flags in your post, it’s hard to believe anyone would fall for such a scam.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Just stop, or better yet post some dick pics and be done with it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#20]
so what type of gun ?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There are so many red flags in your post, it’s hard to believe anyone would fall for such a scam.
View Quote
Actually a pretty good victim identification strategy on the scammer's part.  The advertisement automatically filters out anyone that is not a complete idiot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are so many red flags in your post, it's hard to believe anyone would fall for such a scam.
View Quote
This...having a tough time taking any of this seriously. Actually...I'm not having a tough time...I dont think any of this is remotely real or worthy of my concern

Not sure what OP's goal is with this thread...but I'll watch from the side until it crashes and burns
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#23]
The biggest trigger guard in the world right there!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, I was drunk last night and again tonight when I posted about an EE deal.  What happened was I posted a WTB thread for a TAVOR, was emailed by a cvtxxpolt with the email address [email protected], which is a suspicious email address referring me to a Jamie, that lives in Valencia, California.

So, I've been talking to the private seller who's not a dealer but a private seller and said he'll take payment in either bank wire transfer or iTunes cards in $100 denominations.

I get these 10 private calls.  I don't answer private calls but I pick it up the last one and talk to this Jamie guy.  I ask if he's in Cali, he says he's in Alabama.  He says he's selling the TAVOR to raise funds for his wifes Chemo.  The wire bank account is for a Cathy Love Pozas in North Carolina.  He's offering the TAVOR for $1200.

I suck at the search function.  I can't find any posts by a cvtxxpolt.  Is there a cvtxxpolt account on AR15.com?  Can anyone confirm the email address of the seller by PM or something?  Am I breaking COC by posting an email address, I'll edit it out?  But that email address is suss.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Just send a check or money order payable to...

headstoner
P.O. box my house
The woods, ME. 00087
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
There was another post recently by a member who sent money to someone for some guns. The seller was really slow in replying or shipping after he got the $$. He played the "my wife has cancer" card and tried to shame the buyer for rushing him. Turned out the whole thing was a scam. This sounds way too similar to that. The cancer/chemo thing must be a new favorite of scammers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Lmao, didn't we recently do a "my wife is sick" scam thread?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#28]
This is like the best example of an obvious scam I've seen. How do people fall for this?

ETA: OP, google the routing number and email abuse@ and fraud@ that bank with the account number and a copy of the email from scammer as well if you want to be a bro. That lady is getting the other side of the scam. (Dear miss, I am wealthy business man from out of town I need personal assistant to accept my VERY BUSINESS WIRE TRANSFERS and forward on to me in giftcards because I am important BUSINESS doer working in nation with unstable currency helping children, etc...)

ETA2: OP is lying and I got scammed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#29]
In!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, I was drunk last night and again tonight when I posted about an EE deal.  What happened was I posted a WTB thread for a TAVOR, was emailed by a cvtxxpolt with the email address [email protected], which is a suspicious email address referring me to a Jamie, that lives in Valencia, California.

View Quote
For the record OP, you are terrible at trolling.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Seriously?

Dude it's obviously a scam.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Oh, for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just sayin
View Quote
This.

You're like GuyInFL but with much worse stories.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Seriously?

Dude it's obviously a scam.
View Quote
No shit.

He gave me his mobile number, I called him back to confirm.  The deal seemed real until he said he wanted iTune cards, then the wifes surname is different than his on the wire account and in a different state.

I haven't sent any money so I haven't been scammed, I'm covering my ass.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Got to be a parody thread. Right?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#37]
It looks legit, but your sister will probably steal it from you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#38]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just sayin
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Is this he guy in Hawaii whose sister stole all his dad's stuff while he was in Australia or something?

NVM, I see that it is.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Got to be a parody thread. Right?
View Quote
Sadly, no.

It's a double down on a locked thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Scam

Now stop being a dumbass
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#43]
First time I've ever been scammed at on a gun deal.  Hundreds of deals, F2F, private seller, and FFL's and no one's ever tried to scam me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Alabama hospitals take itunes gift cards as payment for chemo treatments?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just sayin
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Damn I was hoping you got permabanned.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Damn I was hoping you got permabanned.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go away.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It looks legit, but your sister will probably steal it from you.
View Quote
This, doesn't matter who's selling it or what kind of payment they're asking for.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Don't put your email address in your ads in the future.  Have people contact you via PM or the site's email function instead, so you know the person's screen name.

And yes this is 100% a scam.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top