Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/16/2018 6:24:04 PM EDT
With Spider-Man 2(TM one) not far behind.

The music, the visuals, the story, the acting, all amazing.

Rorschach  is the best hero.

The ultimate cut is on Amazon prime. Go watch it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Strangely enough I agree.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It's also one of the top comic book series of all time...
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed.

I loved how the Heroes were sometimes anti-heroes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I just watched the 3 1/2 hour Ultimate cut. I love that movie but the cartoon sections were a little much. I would definitely say it’s one of the best superhero movies ever
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me or does Rorschach look like Scut Farkus from A Christmas Story?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree but Spider-Man does not deserve a mention on a list of great Superhero movies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't care for it, nor did I read the comic books
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes!
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Meh. Too dark and dreary.

It's a mood movie for me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Writing out the fake psionic space squid was a huge leap, given how faithful the rest of the movie was, and a very good decision.  Doctor Manhattan framed for the attack makes vastly more sense and streamlines the story wonderfully.  The squid would have totally muddled the whole thing just as the finale was peaking.

Great movie on every level.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View Quote
This.  And the only version is uncut version.

No 2 was Thor Ragnarock, not some spiderman movie OP
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree but Spider-Man does not deserve a mention on a list of great Superhero movies.
View Quote
Better than the majority of trash marvel has put out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I enjoy it.

I watched the new one on Amazon - with 24 minutes of "dropped" stuff.

Bits of it added to the story, but much of it did not.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View Quote
/thread
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
He was in The Bad News Bears as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Writing out the fake psionic space squid was a huge leap, given how faithful the rest of the movie was, and a very good decision.  Doctor Manhattan framed for the attack makes vastly more sense and streamlines the story wonderfully.  The squid would have totally muddled the whole thing just as the finale was peaking.

Great movie on every level.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#17]
The opening showing the timeline is excellent.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not sure which movies are Marvel but Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Batman, all better than the Spidey.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Nah. The villain's motivations were particularly dumb. I could never take it seriously.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nah. The villain's motivations were particularly dumb. I could never take it seriously.
View Quote
Well I can't disagree. I loved the movie for different reasons but the plot was weak.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm not sure which movies are Marvel but Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Batman, all better than the Spidey.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iron man: nope

Guardians: trash

Deadpool: recycled internet jokes

Batman: NOT marvel
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I’d like to argue with you

But I can’t.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I agree. Wish they would have made a mini series out of it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I agree. Wish they would have made a mini series out of it.
View Quote
HBO is picking it up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's a great movie, but it's a cynical and kind of leftist story where "the real story" is that the super heroes were often rapists or mass killers. It's a very "late twentieth century" story were heroes turn out to be extremely flawed and end up causing evil, it reminds me of how Christopher Columbus was a hero when I was a boy and now is a no good oppressor of Indians and other powerless folk. Watchmen reminds me of all the attempts to rewrite history in the 80s and after in a cynical and anti american manner. I don't mean it's a bad movie, it's a great movie.

But Captain America Winter Soldier and Civil War are better super hero movies. Captain America is a life long .gov/company man, but when an elevator full of soldiers (well shield agents but whatever) tell him to surrender, he does what is right regardless of consequences, he fights everyone to save his friend and refuses to fight his friend even when it means his life. Sure they're a couple of Marvel blockbusters, but it's also a man protecting his innocent friend against the government.
View Quote
Civil War is probably the best Marvel Movie.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
The correct answer is Orgazmo.

Orgazmo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The opening showing the timeline is excellent.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks OP, didn’t know it was up. Been sick all day now I’m gonna go watch it on my prime
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's a great movie, but it's a cynical and kind of leftist story where "the real story" is that the super heroes were often rapists or mass killers. It's a very "late twentieth century" story were heroes turn out to be extremely flawed and end up causing evil, it reminds me of how Christopher Columbus was a hero when I was a boy and now is a no good oppressor of Indians and other powerless folk. Watchmen reminds me of all the attempts to rewrite history in the 80s and after in a cynical and anti american manner. I don't mean it's a bad movie, it's a great movie.

But Captain America Winter Soldier and Civil War are better super hero movies. Captain America is a life long .gov/company man, but when an elevator full of soldiers (well shield agents but whatever) tell him to surrender, he does what is right regardless of consequences, he fights everyone to save his friend and refuses to fight his friend even when it means his life. Sure they're a couple of Marvel blockbusters, but it's also a man protecting his innocent friend against the government.
View Quote
The first Capt America was great, after that I couldn't get into it.

Richard Nixon dictator?lol what's not to love.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unify the world against a common enemy to prevent WWIII and spark a technological race that will colonize space, spread the race out enough that one foolish war can't wipe us all out?  That was an awesome motivation (that had a lot more meaning when it was written, during the Cold War).

"Peace based on a lie!"
"But peace nonetheless."

"I've made myself feel every death... see every innocent face I've murdered to save humanity."
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bucky is innocent but the Winter Soldier definitely is not innocent. To me that’s what makes those movies good. Everyone is both right and wrong. It all comes down to the individuals perspective and judgment. Those moves built the MCU because there was so much character development.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I like it.  I know many folks bitch about it, but it was done well. So well, I bought the directors cut.

Maybe it’s the soundtrack.....

I’m the Boogie Man.....(Comedian is the best)
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought they were “anti-heroes,” like Yojimbo, Dirty Harry & “The Man with No Name” in the Clint Eastwood movies—in for themselves.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally I can stream it. Top movie for me
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Deadpool is the best superhero movie ever.
Deadpool 2is the second best superhero movie ever.

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Ultimate Cut is leaps and bounds better than the theatrical release. I got no sense of urgency or alarm while watching in the theater. The UC stresses the nuclear apocalypse potential much better and makes the ending and villain motivation seem relevant.  Missed that on the shorter cut.

Off on the 2nd best tangent, I like Unbreakable and have seen trailers for a sequel, Glass. Split with James McAvoy is part of the series too.   Granted, it's M. Night... but I thought it was a well done take on the genre.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn’t know that. Watching it now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I recently rewatched it too. Damn good.

No mention of this one? It's in my top 5:

(I know he's not a super hero, but it's a comic so wahteva)
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuuXSYjDX-aEB2OQgSifaDL0oRqscL6e44hIf0GSccPniOxFZS

View Quote
A masterpiece indeed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Unify the world against a common enemy to prevent WWIII and spark a technological race that will colonize space, spread the race out enough that one foolish war can't wipe us all out?  That was an awesome motivation (that had a lot more meaning when it was written, during the Cold War).

"Peace based on a lie!"
"But peace nonetheless."

"I've made myself feel every death... see every innocent face I've murdered to save humanity."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Peace based on a lie!"
"But peace nonetheless."

Neither the villain nor the viewer have any reason to believe that the action he takes will accomplish that goal.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
The original graphic novel was written in the 80s, so there's that
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuuXSYjDX-aEB2OQgSifaDL0oRqscL6e44hIf0GSccPniOxFZS

View Quote
One of the few comic book movies I enjoyed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#46]
1) The Watchmen
2) The Dark Knight
3) Guardians of the Galaxy
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
She’s a pass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]
It's a really good movie.

Best? My vote is Dark Knight.

I would say Guardians of the Galaxy is #1, but it's more of a Space Opera than a Superhero movie. If all characters need is super abilities to be called a Superhero movie, then Star Wars would fall into that criteria, and it's a Space Opera.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Neither the villain nor the viewer have any reason to believe that the action he takes will accomplish that goal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Peace based on a lie!"
"But peace nonetheless."

I disagree, an overwhelming common enemy has frequently unified bitter enemies throughout history.  There's a huge number of examples in the 20th century alone.  ETA: temporarily
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top