Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2018 1:58:24 PM EDT
Looking at putting together a pistol. What do you guys think if this rail and anyone ever install one?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine.  Lightweight and is rock solid.  Everything mated up flush with my upper with very minimal gap between the handguard and the upper.

Sorry for the crappy iPotato pic -

The hardest part is getting the barrel nut timed exactly right for the rail to line up perfectly square.  My advice is to hit your 35lb minimum 3 times and then just tighten in increments until your rail lines up.  
Once the barrel nut is timed, you slide on the rail and then tighten down a locking nut with a pair of ~ 3/8" solid steel pins.  
Easiest way to install is if you have a BEV block or a reaction rod to hold everything while you're cranking down the locking nut.  
You've got to really put some effort into the installation pins Fortis provides to get everything nice and tight.  Don't worry, the pins can take it.

One tip - Insert the pins into the locking nut until they're just fully engaged, then put some tape around the pin as a stop to keep from over/under inserting into the hole.
This will also help prevent any marring of your rail as you're tightening the rail nut.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's got flair.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's got flair.
View Quote
It's fabulous.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Fortis.  High quality and light weight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer G just because they're such an outstanding company, but Fortis makes nice stuff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. Unfortunately, I bought one of the first models available. The end "flair" was too thin and it ended up breaking off. I called fortis and they were willing to exchange the rail for the updated model, however, they wanted the barrel nut back also as it also "changed"(per customer service). This was on a 14.5" build with a pinned and welded flash hider. I didn't want to unpin the FH to take it off so I just kept it. I still like the rail, the rest of it seems pretty solid.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I prefer G just because they're such an outstanding company, but Fortis makes nice stuff.
View Quote
I like G too. But overpriced.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Fugly
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fugly
View Quote
I think it's cool.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Fortis switch on my AR10, I can share the same handguard between my two uppers.

Mates up well to the receiver and I only had to buy an extra barrel nut for my other upper.

I'm happy with mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top