Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2018 12:01:03 PM EDT
Anyone here use this service? Walmart prices without any of the body odor involved with stepping foot in the store.
Place an order online and select a time for pickup, park in the Walmart Pickup area, and the designated Walmart minion comes out and loads your vehicle for you with your order. All for free if you order over $25 worth of stuff.

You can allow substitutions for items that they don’t have if you are OK with it. Then they will ask for your approval for the substitutions at the time of loading your vehicle.

I was hesitant to order produce this way, but was informed that it is often more fresh than the stuff out in the store because they take it from the newer supplies in the back (at least at our store)...so far that has been pretty accurate for us.

We have been trying this service since the new year and have been saving about an hour every week doing this. I’m sold on this method of Walmart shopping!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Its the only way to go.  I recommend it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered a new Bunn MCU via Wal-Mart online, free delivery to my local store in tax free NH. Picking it up in 2 days. They notify you when it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like I need to try it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
thought this was going to be a "how to date the FSA" thread
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You mean Amazon?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this a 24 hr a day service?  
How far in advance can an order be placed.
How are the people that perform the service notified of your arrival?
Will they bag up the trash in the bed of my truck and take it with them when they are done with the delivery?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I be naked when the grocery man brings out my stuff?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used it twice and love it.  I can place the order in the morning when Im at work and stop and pick it up on my way home.

My only complaint is that if you really really need an ingredient and then it goes out of stock before they pick it for you and there aren't any substitutions then you're SOL and will have to get it somewhere else.  So don't depend on it for making dinner the same night
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it apply to ammo?  That would be cool.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't ever find shit on their brokedick website.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like I need to try it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can't ever find shit on their brokedick website.
View Quote
They have a grocery site.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#13]
[insert humorous borderline coc violation meme here]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is this a 24 hr a day service?  —- don’t know what time they stop, but they are gathering stuff during the middle of the night for orders that are being picked up the next day

How far in advance can an order be placed. —- days I’m sure.  You pick a time from available pickup windows
How are the people that perform the service notified of your arrival? —- you park in a certain area and there is a number on a sign that you call
Will they bag up the trash in the bed of my truck and take it with them when they are done with the delivery?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#15]
yes. used once and liked it. simple and easy. the ol' quick in and out
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same rules that apply for shopping in-store, so yes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Do they have any women that do windows at the Pickup Center?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
#gamechanger
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Produce from Walmart?

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#21]
They dont have it in my area yet because they cant figure out how to conduct EBT transactions online yet...

So for now, i have to drive 30 mins out of my way to the non-foodstamp infested walmart to take advantage of the pickup service...

Its amazing.

And also, illegals are why i cant have nice things.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been using this at Walmart and Kroger for the last year and a half. It's the only way I grocery shop now
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
... what, are you a registered sex offender or something?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Sitting in the parking lot right now and waiting on them to come out with my stuff
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
#gamechanger
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
#gamechanger
Sure beats waiting half an hour for the guy with the key to come back from break.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#26]
The only service I've used in this vein is Kroger's Click List. Order your groceries online, get them loaded into your vehicle at their pick-up area. They charge $4.95 per order, regardless of the amount purchased.

I've been meaning to try Wally World's service and HEB also has the service I've yet to try. A few grocers are even getting back to home delivery, Tom Thumb being one - if you order a $100.00 minimum. .
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I've used Kroger Click list, wish it was free, but worth the $5 in Kroger's weight in gold. 2 kids under 5? Fuck going to the grocery store.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Body odor is natural.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Our local HEB does the same thing. I don't think my wife has entered the grocery store in 3 months.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does Sam's Club offer this service as well?
View Quote
Its been awhile since I've been in Sams, but sort of. I'd shop on the app and they load up the cart and its paid for but you have to go in and get it, they dont bring it out. That may have changed by now though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone here use this service? Walmart prices without any of the body odor involved with stepping foot in the store.
Place an order online and select a time for pickup, park in the Walmart Pickup area, and the designated Walmart minion comes out and loads your vehicle for you with your order. All for free if you order over $25 worth of stuff.

You can allow substitutions for items that they don’t have if you are OK with it. Then they will ask for your approval for the substitutions at the time of loading your vehicle.

I was hesitant to order produce this way, but was informed that it is often more fresh than the stuff out in the store because they take it from the newer supplies in the back (at least at our store)...so far that has been pretty accurate for us.

We have been trying this service since the new year and have been saving about an hour every week doing this. I’m sold on this method of Walmart shopping!
View Quote
Yep, been doing it since last year. The only way to roll....
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#32]
We were looking at it this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sure beats waiting half an hour for the guy with the key to come back from break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
#gamechanger
I'd pay a little extra to avoid spending the usual 15 minutes wait for the sporting goods guy
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've used Kroger Click list, wish it was free, but worth the $5 in Kroger's weight in gold.
View Quote
I always use ClickList now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#35]
That doesn't translate into Sams Club. I have things I have to buy every two months for work, like cases of toilet paper, cases of paper towels etc. So I finally decided to pre-order all the stuff. I also ordered a case of these spray bottles (like windex spray bottles). Well they don't carry it in the store, but they'll ship it to you as part of the order. Ok, fine.

I order, I go to Sams to pickup what they do have. First you have to find the hidden kiosk, then once you find that, you have to scan your receipt which triggers a page for an associate from the back. When they finally get there, they can ring you up and you can go.

A few days later, my "case" of 12 spray bottles arrive. I open the box. There's ONE spray bottle inside. ONE. $26 and they send one.

So I get online, fill out their online complaint page, put in the order number, my member number, the item number, etc. Send it off. 45 minutes later I get a reply from a customer service rep, they don't have enough info for my claim. Case closed.

Fuck.

Ok, so the next day I call customer service. I talk to some 300lb woman who sounds like a big American Idol fan. 45 second conversation, she says she'll just send me another box. Fine.

Get the next "case" again, ONE bottle inside.

I have the lady in my office call next. 30 minutes on the phone, they say take it back to Sam's.

I take it back to Sam's. They don't want to take it back, says online must go back online. Bullshit, go get a manager. Spend 20 minutes with a manager who finally agrees to take it back and issue me a $26 credit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That doesn't translate into Sams Club. I have things I have to buy every two months for work, like cases of toilet paper, cases of paper towels etc. So I finally decided to pre-order all the stuff. I also ordered a case of these spray bottles (like windex spray bottles). Well they don't carry it in the store, but they'll ship it to you as part of the order. Ok, fine.

I order, I go to Sams to pickup what they do have. First you have to find the hidden kiosk, then once you find that, you have to scan your receipt which triggers a page for an associate from the back. When they finally get there, they can ring you up and you can go.

A few days later, my "case" of 12 spray bottles arrive. I open the box. There's ONE spray bottle inside. ONE. $26 and they send one.

So I get online, fill out their online complaint page, put in the order number, my member number, the item number, etc. Send it off. 45 minutes later I get a reply from a customer service rep, they don't have enough info for my claim. Case closed.

Fuck.

Ok, so the next day I call customer service. I talk to some 300lb woman who sounds like a big American Idol fan. 45 second conversation, she says she'll just send me another box. Fine.

Get the next "case" again, ONE bottle inside.

I have the lady in my office call next. 30 minutes on the phone, they say take it back to Sam's.

I take it back to Sam's. They don't want to take it back, says online must go back online. Bullshit, go get a manager. Spend 20 minutes with a manager who finally agrees to take it back and issue me a $26 credit.
View Quote
I would have just filed a chargeback with my credit card.  Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone tip the minions or are these the same ones that have to collect the carts from BFE at 1am anyway? Do you still get a receipt for savings catcher or does it automagically go there since you pay online? Inquiring minds...
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#38]
we use kroger click list. LOVE IT.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I did and pickup is at the BACK OF THE STORE.  That means I have to go inside and wait in line.
It took 10 minutes for someone to even get to the desk to pull my order up and retrieve it from the back of the store.

NOT HAPPY with it at my location.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I did and pickup is at the BACK OF THE STORE.  That means I have to go inside and wait in line.
It took 10 minutes for someone to even get to the desk to pull my order up and retrieve it from the back of the store.

NOT HAPPY with it at my location.
View Quote
You did it wrong.  This is grocery pickup, follow the signs in the parking lot and go park by the door and wait for someone to bring your order out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I did it with a Christmas tree. Went fine. Guys helped me load it out the back of the store, so I didn't have to take it all the way out the front.

But fuck Walmart. Place is a crusty shit hole. I've about sworn it off completely. My wife is not allowed to go unless it's early in the morning. She's carrying a lot more now. Between a mountain lion near our house and the creepers that follow her around the stores, I'm not carrying my G43 anymore. She's always got it. I don't even like going to Walmart with her when we are both carrying. Expcially after dark. It's not worth getting an extra buck off White Box. I'll just pay more at the LGS.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Does Sam's Club offer this service as well?
View Quote
App store "Scan and Go."
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I had the opposite experience as the OP's.  Maybe they've upped their game.  I had to go to the store 2 days in a row to find someone to help me.  This happened this past summer and you had to go to the service desk in the back of the store and press a button on the credit card reader or something like that to call for help.  I asked other people for help and they paged someone.  No one came.  I would have given up on the whole thing but it was already paid for.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had the opposite experience as the OP's.  Maybe they've upped their game.  I had to go to the store 2 days in a row to find someone to help me.  This happened this past summer and you had to go to the service desk in the back of the store and press a button on the credit card reader or something like that to call for help.  I asked other people for help and they paged someone.  No one came.  I would have given up on the whole thing but it was already paid for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did it with a Christmas tree. Went fine. Guys helped me load it out the back of the store, so I didn't have to take it all the way out the front.

But fuck Walmart. Place is a crusty shit hole. I've about sworn it off completely. My wife is not allowed to go unless it's early in the morning. She's carrying a lot more now. Between a mountain lion near our house and the creepers that follow her around the stores, I'm not carrying my G43 anymore. She's always got it. I don't even like going to Walmart with her when we are both carrying. Expcially after dark. It's not worth getting an extra buck off White Box. I'll just pay more at the LGS.
You guys need to read the OP.  This is about GROCERY PICKUP.  You don't get out of your car, you don't talk to anyone, you drive up, they come out and load your car, and you leave.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes, it’s amazingly easy and fast.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#47]
They gave me a free toiletries bag filled with toiletries for using the service
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That just saves you from going through the hell they call checkout...its not sit in your truck while the Sams monkey brings it to my truck right?
View Quote
It's for groceries. You sit in your truck, they bring it out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I used it because they gave me a $10 coupon to try it out and it's convenient, but they had to substitute several items which was kind of annoying.  Since I usually go to Walmart just to get away from my wife and kids for a little bit, don't think I will use it that often.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You guys need to read the OP.  This is about GROCERY PICKUP.  You don't get out of your car, you don't talk to anyone, you drive up, they come out and load your car, and you leave.
View Quote
Doesn't change my opinion.

If you think the customers with shopping carts are bad, you should see them try to drive a car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top