Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 180
Posted: 1/1/2018 2:31:59 PM EDT
It's time to open the clubhouse for the 2018 campaign. It's cold and white and snowy outside for most of us, but pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in only a month and a half. We've got trades coming up, we've got prospects being promoted, we've got new managers. We've got hope.

And remember, no matter how bad your team ends up, there's always next year!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Save the best for FIRST!

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently, delousing is a team building activity in Cleveland.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Regardless of whatever happens in the Royals organization this offseason, I hope they make the regular season fun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Cubs start the even year dynasty in 2018.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Last year was the firesale this year is the first official rebuilding year for the Tigers. At least I get to watch some young talent develop.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Hoping for another great year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Go Crew!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Well of course I'm hoping my National league (and all time) favorite Cards take it all the way in 2018!
Attachment Attached File

Or, My American league favorites, The Chief Wahoo crew!
Attachment Attached File

Come on spring and opening day!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#13]
So glad we're moving on to 2018.  Sure hope that Rockies sign some help in the bullpen.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Calling a repeat. They will be better in 2018 than they were in 2017.

ETA: Link to my prediction about halfway down page 1 last season

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Wouldn't wanna be anywhere else than with you fine fellas for all the 2018 MLB action.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Calling a repeat. They will be better in 2018 than they were in 2017.

ETA: Link to my prediction about halfway down page 1 last season

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319933/champs_2-408137.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319933/champs-408138.png
View Quote
This right 'cheer. Bullpen's gonna be better, bench will be better with Granpa gone. Correa, Springer, McCann, Keuchel (contract year), McCullers, McHugh, all healthy. Returning ALCS, WS, and season MVPs. Seriously, how can you bet against them?
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, hopefully the Atlanta Braves get it going this year................after all, they sunk the local city for a brand new stadium
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Go O’s!

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wouldn't wanna be anywhere else than with you fine fellas for all the 2018 MLB action.
View Quote
And back at ya.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, hopefully the Atlanta Braves get it going this year................after all, they sunk the local city for a brand new stadium
View Quote
But it's a nice stadium.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Greg Maddux talking about how "Barry Bonds is the easiest guy in the world to pitch to."

Skip to: 1:09:00 or click me
Conversations With Norm - 11/6/16 - Greg Maddux and Jack Sheehan

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Die hard Mets fan, but this may make me a D’backs fan for life.

Just hoping everyone can stay healthy in ‘18. I like what I’ve heard from Callaway so far. If we can keep Yo and the starters healthy, i think it’ll be a decent year. Hope they sign a second basement though, although i do like the option of Reyes.

LGM!
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Die hard Mets fan, but this may make me a D'backs fan for life.

Just hoping everyone can stay healthy in '18. I like what I've heard from Callaway so far. If we can keep Yo and the starters healthy, i think it'll be a decent year. Hope they sign a second basement though, although i do like the option of Reyes.

LGM!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Die hard Mets fan, but this may make me a D'backs fan for life.

Just hoping everyone can stay healthy in '18. I like what I've heard from Callaway so far. If we can keep Yo and the starters healthy, i think it'll be a decent year. Hope they sign a second basement though, although i do like the option of Reyes.

LGM!
Callaway is a great coach. You guys are lucky. Trust me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#28]
maybe they'll surprise us and just go all in before the inevitable firesale!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But it's a nice stadium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But it's a nice stadium.
But my taxes aren't nice
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Callaway is a great coach. You guys are lucky. Trust me.
View Quote
Been reading up on him, and I’m inclined to believe you. I’m a believer in a Manager is a huge part, but talent on the field is truly what wins. Hopefully his outlook on the pitching staff translates to the talent.

I’m hopefully. Won’t make a prediction as the NL East always has some good teams, but think of things go according to plan, we’ll be okay.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#31]
We need Q to find some dirt on bob nutting that ends up making him sell the Pirates.   Otherwise its probably at least another thirty years of losing baseball in pittsburgh.   And it doesn't matter who manages the team as long as that cheapskate owns it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We need Q to find some dirt on bob nutting that ends up making him sell the Pirates.   Otherwise its probably at least another thirty years of losing baseball in pittsburgh.   And it doesn't matter who manages the team as long as that cheapskate owns it.
View Quote
Ain't that the truth. I know I give Neal Huntington crap for being a shitty GM and think Clint Hurdle would be a good bench coach but is out of his league as a manager, but the problems all come from the ownership. So long as Butting and friends insist on only buying Has-Beens and Never-Weres when they hit the FA market and trade off the few good players we have, it is never going to get better at PNC.

I was reading an article today on pirates.com about how unless some trade comes around they're structuring the team around Cole and Cutch. That plan hasn't exactly panned out the last three seasons, so why is it magically going to work now? It's like the choices are inept owners and management OR Nutting & Co. are intentionally tanking the team to get better draft picks to sell or get attendance so low they can move somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Greg Maddux talking about how "Barry Bonds is the easiest guy in the world to pitch to."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fINFVpznY

View Quote
Once again, I would like to take the opportunity to say "fuck Barry Bonds." I didn't like him when he was still a skinny Pirate and absolutely detested him when he became a juiced up Giant.

This is the best thing you will read all day. I want to get Patrick Stewart to read this and us it as my ringtone.

http://fuckyoubarrybonds.com/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#34]
"This is the best thing you will read all day. I want to get Patrick Stewart to read this and us it as my ringtone"

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Once again, I would like to take the opportunity to say "fuck Barry Bonds." I didn't like him when he was still a skinny Pirate and absolutely detested him when he became a juiced up Giant.

This is the best thing you will read all day. I want to get Patrick Stewart to read this and us it as my ringtone.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455681/Ruth_did_it-408519.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fINFVpznY

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455681/Ruth_did_it-408519.JPG
Oh my God that is epic

But I am still shocked you didnt like the bizarro "bash brothers" of Canseco/McGwire A's of Bonds/Bonilla Pirates.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
I'm with ya on that... I bought the old Man the Dodgers "MLB Ticket" Season pass online... That man watched ALL games all the way down to Game 7... We were heartbroken, but it was one of the most exciting Baseball seasons I have remembered in quite awhile.. The MLB was smart to stay out of politics... I think the NFL backlash helped and put Baseball back on the map again... I love Football but the passion is gone for me... LONG LIVE BASEBALL!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Meanwhile Jim Thome is looking to be a lock as a guaranteed 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Hear that Steve? Jim Thome. 1st ballot Hall of Fame.

An Indian from the start, took a 1 day contract to retire an Indian, goin into the hall as an Indian.

Oom, yeah, uh-huh...

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#38]
EVERY morning my 16 year old daughter, my baseball buddy, tells me how many days till pitchers & catchers report.
We Are Ready. She marks the calendar.
And we will support the Arizona Diamondbacks with our heart and soul come what may : )
This year we'll get to more than one game for sure. And watch 'em all on tv if possible.
Given we boycotted the nfl this year, we look foreward, more than we normally do to the 1st pitch, and we ALWAYS look foreward to baseball season.
America's Great Game.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm with ya on that... I bought the old Man the Dodgers "MLB Ticket" Season pass online... That man watched ALL games all the way down to Game 7... We were heartbroken, but it was one of the most exciting Baseball seasons I have remembered in quite awhile.. The MLB was smart to stay out of politics... I think the NFL backlash helped and put Baseball back on the map again... I love Football but the passion is gone for me... LONG LIVE BASEBALL!!!
View Quote
I've stopped watching the NFL and came around to watching baseball for this exact reason. Also didn't hurt that my wife's favorite team decided to win a WS in 2017.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
EVERY morning my 16 year old daughter, my baseball buddy, tells me how many days till pitchers & catchers report.
And we will support the Arizona Diamondbacks with our heart and soul come what may : )
This year we'll get to more than one game for sure. And watch 'em all on tv if possible.
Given we boycotted the nfl this year, we look foreward, more than we normally do to the 1st pitch, and we ALWAYS look foreward to baseball season.
America's Great Game.
View Quote
Right there with ya !  
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#41]
All 111 of Judge and Stantons HRs from last year . . .

LETS GO YANKS!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
America's Great Game.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh my God that is epic

But I am still shocked you didnt like the bizarro "bash brothers" of Canseco/McGwire A's of Bonds/Bonilla Pirates.
View Quote
This Venn Diagram sums up my feelings on the matter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ain't that the truth. I know I give Neal Huntington crap for being a shitty GM and think Clint Hurdle would be a good bench coach but is out of his league as a manager, but the problems all come from the ownership. So long as Butting and friends insist on only buying Has-Beens and Never-Weres when they hit the FA market and trade off the few good players we have, it is never going to get better at PNC.

I was reading an article today on pirates.com about how unless some trade comes around they're structuring the team around Cole and Cutch. That plan hasn't exactly panned out the last three seasons, so why is it magically going to work now? It's like the choices are inept owners and management OR Nutting & Co. are intentionally tanking the team to get better draft picks to sell or get attendance so low they can move somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kevin McClatchy had a lot of faults as an owner, but the biggest one was making a deal with the devil and bringing the nuttings in when he needed money or more investors.  They ended up having controlling votes on the board for more years that mcclatchy was the owner than not.
As far as the nuttings goes, look at the family business history.  They owned news papers.  But in the days before the internet when print was still viable, did they ever own any major market paper?  No.  All third and fourth rate dinky mill towns like weirton and wheeling, that didn't even have enough paper to line a hamster cage.  Maybe johnstown pa, and then their flagship, the pennysaver.  They have no inclination to even buy a paper in a bigger city liek a pittsburgh or cleveland.

I think from that you could deduce that they never have had a winning or competitive mentallity.
MLB needs to tell nutting to put up or sell.  Actually I think that was exactly what happened when they had the couple good seasons.  MLB did not want to see Clementes memory tarnished with 21 losing seasons, in the city he played for.  And so they forced him to spend more of the revenue sharing money they beggeed for.  And we see that when they play competitively, the fans show up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Regardless of whatever happens in the Royals organization this offseason, I hope they make the regular season fun.
View Quote
As a serious Royals fan in the past, before Arizona got a team, I agree with you.
Wife/Chic and I sat in the stands many, many times when we temporarily lived in Topeka.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455681/Venn-408559.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh my God that is epic

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455681/Venn-408559.JPG

shit. its perfect...
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Right there with ya !  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
America's Great Game.
Right there with ya !  
Right on AZ brotha!
Go Diamondbacks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ill admit. That was a sick burn.

But I could counter with-

'thats what winning looks like'
Weird huh. eh, Bucs fans?! Im sure youll get to do it eventually.

See you at the end of July
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top