Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/19/2017 3:27:26 PM EDT
Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication,' Bush declared.

Former President George W. Bush offered an unmistakable denunciation of Trumpism on Thursday without mentioning the president by name, urging citizens to oppose threats to American democracy.

“Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication,” Bush warned in remarks at the Bush Institute’s Spirit of Liberty event in New York.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/19/george-w-bush-trumpism-243945
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Used to like that guy....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Neo-Con
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That whole family is full of shit and fail.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Why?  He set conservatism back decades.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Swamp creature, go back to the swamp.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too....he had a hard term, but now he's the enema IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuqq him.

Didn't like him then, don't like him now.

He was just the lesser of two evils at that moment in time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Establishment rino.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Did he do anything like this during Obama's 8 yrs?

No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck, really???  I was in a restaurant and saw the CNN banner saying he was denouncing bigotry but didn't see or hear about him denouncing Trump.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#11]
>Bush Institute/anything to do with the Bush family
>Spirit of Liberty

Patriot Act
“Sure I’ll sign Feinswine’s AWB if it gets across my desk!”
922(r). Sure it was his dad, but apples and trees and falling something something.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#12]
FGWB!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#13]
GDUB can eat a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Cuck-a-doodle-doo, bitch!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Never impressed with him or George the 1st....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Well they did vote for Hillary. What else do you need to see? 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#17]
dont you have some illegal's cock to suck george?  why are these idiots trying to make me regret that that bernie idiot didnt kill them?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Great. We have to hear his bullshit because his parents didn't want to raise the Bush kids and hired a mexican to do it.

For 8yrs, he sat back and watched Obama destroy our country. He is no better than Obama in my eyes.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#19]
ETA:  YOU ARE BEING SUCKERED BY LEFTIST JOURNALISTS.

While GWB is no great guy, this is PURE SPIN.

Without the "Politico" spin on this sentance: “Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication,”

This is not wrong and if written on Breitbart would seems reasonable.

Seen through the leftist prism, they view it as an indictment of Trump.

Seen by itself, one could apply the leftist bigotry, leftist conspiracy theories and outright fabrications that are occurring every day.

ETA:  Honestly, read the whole article.  A leftist is completely spinning that.

This whole block of quote could apply to the NFL/ESPN destroying sports "heros" as role models, and the lack of understanding about what the flag means, etc. as the fault of the education system.  The bigotry of calling all white people Nazis, etc. The bullying of the left in Universities that crush conservative voices.

"Bigotry in any form is blasphemy against the American creed and it means the very identity of our nation depends on the passing of civic ideals to the next generation. We need a renewed emphasis on civic learning in schools," Bush said. "And our young people need positive role models. Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children."

ETA2:

That speech is so full of political platitudes, ANY side could take it to mean what they want.  PERFECT political rhetoric, without taking a real stand on any issue.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Bye bushes.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Fucker kept his mouth shut for 8 years of Obama stupidity.

Too bad he's got years left, unlike his dad.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Bush is a uniparty asshole.  For me Bush had an every man quality about him that made him more human and endearing president, especially after 9/11.

The main things I think about regarding his presidency now is patriot act,  zero immigration enforcement and run a way spending. 

Of course Obama would take all to a level few could have imagined, with not a peep from 43 because he supports it.   
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why?  He set conservatism back decades.
View Quote
Bush is why we got Obama in 08 and 12. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#24]
In before the "Miss me yet?" pic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I still hate George Bush
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Remember all those great conservative victories won in DC under Bush? Lower taxes, loosened gun laws, increased freedom.

Ah, yes. Those were, in fact, the days.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#27]
He was a little bitch as a President.

He was a little bitch when obama was President.

Now he is being a little bitch when Trump is President.

Pretty consistent.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fuck, really???  I was in a restaurant and saw the CNN banner saying he was denouncing bigotry but didn't see or hear about him denouncing Trump.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif
View Quote
Rush played the whole, or most of the sound bite. It was pathetic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I have no love for Trump, but Bush was (and still is) a giant neo-fascist that accomplished nothing and wasted several trillion dollars in the process.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#30]
He seemed overly enamoured with globalism too...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Never impressed with him or George the 1st....
View Quote
George the first gave us Clinton. I watched both the conventions. I wasn't surprised when he lost. 

Set back all of the progress made during the Reagan era. 

The same will happen after Trump is gone I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Without the "Politico" spin on this sentance: “Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication,”

Seen by itself, one could apply the leftist bigotry, leftist conspiracy theories and outright fabrications that are occurring every day.

ETA2:

That speech is so full of political platitudes, ANY side could take it to mean what they want.  PERFECT political rhetoric, without taking a real stand on any issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA2:

Read the speech.  Sounds to me like he's describing BLM.  

"Bigotry in any form is blasphemy against the American creed and it means the very identity of our nation depends on the passing of civic ideals to the next generation. We need a renewed emphasis on civic learning in schools," Bush said. "And our young people need positive role models. Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children."
And the swamp:

"When we lose sight of our ideals, it is not democracy that has failed. It is the failure of those charged with protecting and defending democracy," he said, adding later: "We need to recall and recover our own identity. Americans have great advantage. To renew our country, we only need to remember our values."
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Remember all those great conservative victories won in DC under Bush? Lower taxes, loosened gun laws, increased freedom.

Ah, yes. Those were, in fact, the days.
View Quote
Actually, I don’t remember anything about Dubya “I’ll sign an AWB that comes on to my desk” Bush doing anything for loosened gun laws or increased freedom. I’ll give you the taxes though, and raise you mismanagement of the GWOT and “pathways to citizenship.”
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#34]
No idea how I double tapped that one
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Did he actually mention Trump, or is the media projecting his comments onto Trump?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And the swamp:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA2:

And the swamp:

"When we lose sight of our ideals, it is not democracy that has failed. It is the failure of those charged with protecting and defending democracy," he said, adding later: "We need to recall and recover our own identity. Americans have great advantage. To renew our country, we only need to remember our values."
As another poster said, platitudes so vague they can mean anything and everything anybody can want them to. I would say he needs a better speech writer, but that’s almost certainly what he was gunning for.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Still hyping his pappy's "New World Order".

Go back and chop brush in TX we don't need you around anymore.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Did he actually mention Trump, or is the media projecting his comments onto Trump?
View Quote
As others have pointed out, I'm not sure Trump was the focus either.  I'm no huge fan of W, but I think most folks comment on things without even reading or looking at the articles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Homo
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I used to like the guy, but after his 8 years of empty promises and only sending us further down the tubes I was over his shit.

Then for another 8 years, he stood back, kept a low profile, and said nothing while Obama ass raped this country to the brink of prolapse.

GW needs to keep his cockholster shut and go back to wherever the fuck he's been and paint some shitty art.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#42]
The Bush family, destroying the Republican party for 40 years.

W showed us who he was 15 years ago when he fired his sectreas for being honest. I'll never forget this quote:

"It was all about soundbites, deluding the people, pandering to the lowest common denominator." from a republican sectreas about a republican administration. Nobody seemed to care.

None of us will live long enough to fully comprehend how much damage W did to the republic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#43]
When I saw Fox kissing his ass all morning leading up to his speech..He was surrounded by failures of foreign policy, Rice, Albright, etc..

A guy who created the TSA, Patriot Act, and abused the FISA court system has no business lecturing others about freedom and liberty expecially since he was/ is a huge open border advocate/ illegal alien sympathizer who didn't csare that illegals were pouring in taking our freedom and our liberty away.

Whole family are statist open border RINO's who have no problem lying to the face of the American people and spitting on us to advance their own warped ideals of what this country should be.

Why this place loved/loves GWB is beyond me..I didn't care for that fucker then and I don't care for him now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have no love for Trump, but Bush was (and still is) a giant neo-fascist that accomplished nothing and wasted several trillion dollars in the process.
View Quote
And he grew government to the biggest its ever been since Obummer came along
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When I saw Fox kissing his ass all morning leading up to his speech..He was surrounded by failures of foreign policy, Rice, Albright, etc..

A guy who created the TSA, Patriot Act, and abused the FISA court system has no business lecturing others about freedom and liberty expecially since he was/ is a huge open border advocate/ illegal alien sympathizer who didn't csare that illegals were pouring in taking our freedom and our liberty away.

Whole family are statist open border RINO's who have no problem lying to the face of the American people and spitting on us to advance their own warped ideals of what this country should be.

Why this place loved/loves GWB is beyond me..I didn't care for that fucker then and I don't care for him now.
View Quote
Bush took a surge of conservatism in this country and destroyed it. He is solely responsible for Obama and the rise of SJWers

Fuck him
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#46]
How about you tweet about for mistake of a foray into Iraq, which threw the balance of power in the region toward Iran.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#47]
How do we know he wasn't talking about the left? They have shown more bigotry and fake news than anyone.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw a bunch of GOPe types present Donald Rumsfeld with a “Defender of the Constitution” award at CPAC once. They got pretty butthurt when most of the audience started booing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Bigotry is emboldened. BLM has been burning down cities and chanting to kill whitey...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top