Posted: 9/23/2017 11:35:57 PM EDT
Hit this

Edit:  you are correct, title changed.  Now hit it
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Your title is incorrect. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't own an NFL team, so it's not up for me to decide.

I can tell you that products that don't sell well are generally discarded.  Consumers decide.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can tell you that products that don't sell well are generally discarded.  Consumers decide.
View Quote
Bingo!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
58 % yes
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
No one is telling you which way to vote sweetheart
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't like their poll options, but I voted "Yes."

I don't believe in forcing anyone to stand for or pledge something they don't believe in.

But I do support the right of an owner to decide if he wants someone who chooses not to stand or pledge working for him.

And I support the right of the customers not to support a business that employees people that choose not to stand.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]
The kneelers should start their own league, stadiums and all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
58.62% says yes.

Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#10]
The real question is what happens when you take politics to work ?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Hit
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
They're on contract. You can't just "fire" them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't believe in forcing anyone to stand for or pledge something they don't believe in.

But I do support the right of an owner to decide if he wants someone who chooses not to stand or pledge working for him.

And I support the right of the customers not to support a business that employees people that choose not to stand.
View Quote
Where is anyone forcing anyone else to do anything they don't want to do? You make it sound like they don't have a choice. They do. They don't have to work for the NFL if they don't like it's rules. It's their option. They're not slaves and don't have to do anything they don't want to do. So, they can either show respect for their country or play football on their own dime at the local high school field when it's not in use.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, that's correct. Just like the federal funding that is under threat of termination to sanctuary cities. They need to draw up a new contract when the current one expires with the proper stipulations. I would think however, that the team owner can bench them with pay until their contract is up and then not renew them. Would be expensive, but, lines should be drawn, otherwise the owner has no control over his team. Of course, unscrupulous owners like Jerry Jones would never do anything because his only interest is money.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]
PRO TIP: It seems that you can vote in this poll as many times as you want.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
its the nfl.  they can be cut at anyitme
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would never do that.  Ten times.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
you are fake news.

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Hit
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#20]
The players should remain in the locker room should they wish to make their political statement.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where is anyone forcing anyone else to do anything they don't want to do? You make it sound like they don't have a choice. They do. They don't have to work for the NFL if they don't like it's rules. It's their option. They're not slaves and don't have to do anything they don't want to do. So, they can either show respect for their country or play football on their own dime at the local high school field when it's not in use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you read a LOT more into one word that intended without taking the context of everything else I wrote.  When you see it all together, it is perfectly clear what I mean.

No, I did not make it sound like they don't have a choice.  I said that I wouldn't support requiring them to stand.  They could sit down all they wanted, but not necessarily on that owner's bench.  And I said that I supported fans choosing to not spend their money if owners decided that politicizing the NFL was OK.

It really isn't that unclear.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can't be a big star when all you do is ride the pine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:27:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
 Yes you can, guys get released all the time. Coaches, personal guys get fired all the time.

You just have to pay out their guaranteed contract. So say a guy signs a 5 year 50m contract with 5m guaranteed. You pay that 5m. Depending on the contract if signed by another team you forfeit that payout.

Same with coaches and personnel but those guys have a 100% guarantee unless hired by another team.

All contracts are different. But that above is consistent. They would pay by year. 1st year 1m 2nd year 1m. So on.

Your job is never safe in the NFL I know from experience. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, they can, every single sports contract have clauses in them that allow either party to quit or be fired at will, if they fire them, they will have to pay part of the contract to them, if they quit, they may not be paid for the time they were not available, sports contracts are very liquid these days.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#25]
60% yes
39% no

Bye, Felicia. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes, they can, every single sports contract have clauses in them that allow either party to quit or be fired at will, if they fire them, they will have to pay part of the contract to them, if they quit, they may not be paid for the time they were not available, sports contracts are very liquid these days.
View Quote
 Exactly right, but the NFL is the worst in sports when it comes to guaranteed player contracts. It wasn't that long ago where nothing was guaranteed for players.

The PA has been fighting that for decades. It's fairly new under the CBA.

You can fine the shit out of them as well. I'm sure they do fine for kneeling. It's probably 5-10k, it's 10k for throwing a ball into the stands. You get fined for not wearing the proper uniform attire, or taping over your shoes or wearing your own shoes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:53:35 AM EDT
[#27]
If I owned an NFL franchise it would be in their contract.

Partially because it is our national anthem, partially because it is conduct that is detrimental to my business. Those are my employees, they are on the clock, they have to abide by my standards.

They can fly commie flags, goose step and wave swazis around, have gay sex orgies, father multiple kids with different strippers etc when they are not at work. Don't care what they do in their off hours.

But when they are on the clock, they play by my rules or go find another place to work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:03:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If I owned an NFL franchise it would be in their contract.

Partially because it is our national anthem, partially because it is conduct that is detrimental to my business. Those are my employees, they are on the clock, they have to abide by my standards.

They can fly commie flags, goose step and wave swazis around, have gay sex orgies, father multiple kids with different strippers etc when they are not at work. Don't care what they do in their off hours.

But when they are on the clock, they play by my rules or go find another place to work.
View Quote
 You very well might see that in future contracts. They have all sorts of stuff in their contracts for off the field activity.

Like Tom Brady for example they probably have in his contract no riding motorcycles shit like that. I just made that up but they add stuff like that to protect their interest.

No extreme sports, jumping off cliffs during off season. 

But owners rarely do contracts. Most owners just own teams for a novelty. 

Show up for owners meetings figure out how to make more money. Owners hire people to do those jobs. Smart ones stay out of the way.

You get a few rare ones who want their hand in everything. Rarely does it work.

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:03:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I've never worked for an employer that allowed me to use my job as a venue for airing my personal beliefs.

Guess I wasn't special enough...
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:10:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've never worked for an employer that allowed me to use my job as a venue for airing my personal beliefs.

Guess I wasn't special enough...
View Quote
 Many of us aren't, the NFL and teams have never cared much outside of raw talent.

Randy Moss had several criminal charges including rape and asssukt with a deadly weapon. Tried to run over a meter maid. Ever wonder why a guy with his skill played for marshal?

OJ Simpson used to beat his GF bloody including his wife.

Michael Vick everyone knows his story.

Vicks little brother was arrested with tons of drugs and stolen firearms. Both of them were gangsters.

Every year before the draft they release a book to GMs and head coaches of the criminal records of everyone entering the draft. That book is fucking massive. Fun to read though.

It said in big bold letters " FOR GM EYES ONLY" I had to read it I just couldn't resist.

I never once finished it. It's that big.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#31]
They work for the owner. The owner decides. I think Mr. Trump did an excellent job trolling the NFL. He brought the kneeling to the average non football fans, they will turn a game, look for the kneelers and talk about it.
( I know most NFL games go to break during the National Anthem now to keep from being controversial, Mr. Trump trolled the NFL.)
Good job sir, you have my vote again.
MAGA!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, they 'shouldn't' be fired.

But as a consumer, I'm sure not going to watch any teams that put up with that shit, either.
They can fire whoever they want.
And I'm not watching the teams that mollycoddle wankers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the same argument folks used for forcing the baker to bake gay themed wedding cakes, saying "they don't have to be a baker if they don't like it"
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:23:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is the same argument folks used for forcing the baker to bake gay themed wedding cakes, saying "they don't have to be a baker if they don't like it"
View Quote
 That's not the same that baker owned his business. If you worked retail and refused to help gay people how long would you keep your job?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
 That's not the same that baker owned his business. If you worked retail and refused to help gay people how long would you keep your job?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The owner should be allowed to fire them for this or any other reason.  But no one else should decide that for him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:50:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well. ...as long as "management" had their minds right, not very long?
So now big chain grocery stores cake decorators are required to draw two clams/snausages docking and smile then say "congratulations"?
The perversion era of jugears is going to take some time to undo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Do you like freedom?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:04:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Do they get fired for too many unsportsman like conduct violations???
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hit it like a Democrat!

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:18:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Hit,

Yes  61.01%  (2,533 votes)

No  38.99%  (1,619 votes)

Total Votes: 4,152
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:26:14 AM EDT
[#41]
That is up to the owners, I couldn't care less. I don't care how disrespectful some random athlete is.  They have zero impact on my life.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is how it's supposed to work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:37:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That is up to the owners, I couldn't care less. I don't care how disrespectful some random athlete is.  They have zero impact on my life.
View Quote
For now. They have an influence on the stupid, maybe someday one of their easily led will find you an easy mark, because feelings.
But they are hero's right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

For now. They have an influence on the stupid, maybe someday one of their easily led will find you an easy mark, because feelings.
But they are hero's right?
View Quote
A lot of ifs there.  But considering the catch me outside girl has a following, it isn't surprising that people pay attention to these idiots too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#45]
If you want to speak your mind, do it off field.

Screw them and the owners.  The game is not the same.  Look at how many teams decided to screw their home cities and fan bases.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I hire people to perform a job.

Obviously, if they can't perform that job, they should be fired. However, regardless of whether or not they can perform their job, if they bring negative attention to my company and damage it's image or reputation, they should also be fired
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Hit
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Vote and vote often. . I say fire them. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Done
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
And I think we're seeing the consequences of their actions.  I hope it all crumbles and their salaries go to $50k/year.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top