Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2017 7:27:16 PM EDT
I have no issues with the LEGAL carry, assembly, protesting, etc...
They are also calling for the Sheriff to resign...

GBI investigating deputy shooting of Thomasville resident

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is reviewing a deputy's fatal shooting of a 37-year-old black man Tuesday in Thomasville, Georgia, about 30 miles from Tallahassee.

A GBI press release says agents from the Thomas County Sheriff's Office Narcotics and Vice Division were executing a search warrant in the Magnolia and Fern Street area around 4:20 p.m. when Herbert "Pop" Gilbert was shot.

The incident involved police vehicles and Gilbert's vehicle prior to the shooting.

The deputy involved has been identified as agent Josh Smith, who is white. He started at TCSO in June 2012. Sheriff Carlton Powell said the officer is on temporary administrative leave, the Thomasville Times-Enterprise reported. In a separate 2015 incident, Smith was suspended for not adhering to proper arrest procedures, the paper reported.

TCSO said it could not comment on the situation as long as it's under active investigation.

Thomasville Mayor Greg Hobbs said the incident was "a tragic event for our community."

Hobbs' office and the Chief of Police issued a joint statement Wednesday.

“On behalf of the Thomasville City Council and the entire City family, we want to begin by expressing our sincere condolences to the family of the deceased,” said Mayor Hobbs. “This was a tragic event for our community.”

The latest deadly shooting of a black man by law enforcement triggered demonstrations. Holding signs that read "Justice for Herbert" and "We are Pop," dozens of protesters marched through downtown Thomasville Wednesday and Thursday morning.  A community vigil was also held on Magnolia Street.

During Wednesday's protest, a driver reportedly rode a golf cart into the crowd, said protester and relative of Gilbert, Desma Brown. The driver has been charged with reckless conduct, TCSO announced on Facebook.

Brown says Gilbert was her cousin's father.

She was one of dozens of marchers chanting, "All lives matter — united, we stand; divided, we fall."

She said the group of mostly black protesters chose to chant "all lives matter" rather than "black lives matter," to commemorate the lives of other minority races.

Brown first heard about the shooting during her 6 p.m. lunch break. Gilbert lived on Magnolia Street, as did many of Brown's family and friends.

"I'm just so shocked, ma'am," said Brown, 28, in a telephone interview with the Tallahassee Democrat. "In my point of view, his good outweighed his bad."

Witnesses told Brown Gilbert was shot multiple times, however, TCSO said it could not comment with information as the shooting is still under active investigation.

"He was a great father," Brown recalled.

Brown's friend Laquitta Williams, 31, lived in Thomasville for 25 years before moving to Tallahassee recently. She said Gilbert was her friend and would "give you the shirt off his back."

"Everyone has a past," Williams said about him.

Jail records show Gilbert was charged with several offenses since 2005, including cocaine possession, cocaine possession with intent to distribute and cruelty toward child (family offense), the Times-Enterprise reported.

Reach Nada Hassanein at [email protected] or on Twitter @nhassanein_.
View Quote
Georgia men charged with threats against police after fatal officer-involved shooting

Two Georgia men have been charged with making terroristic threats toward a white sheriff’s deputy who shot and killed a black man while serving a search warrant in Thomasville, Georgia, last week.

A Thomas County judge on Monday denied bond to Levon Griffin and Luther Engram, who are both charged with felony terroristic threats and acts.

The alleged threats were made on social media from the scene of the Aug. 15 shooting death of 37-year-old Herbert Gilbert. Thomas County Sheriff’s Office deputy Josh Smith shot and killed Gilbert when narcotics/vice division agents approached Gilbert’s house to serve a search warrant.

The shooting sparked immediate backlash in Gilbert’s community, with many locals frustrated by the lack of information released by authorities.

Smith is currently on administrative leave pending a formal Georgia Bureau of Investigation probe of the shooting.

Capt. Steven Jones, TCSO’s public information officer, said both Griffin and Engram posted threats to officers and their families on social media, while Engram specifically referenced Smith’s home.

“His statement was that they had gone over to shoot up Deputy (Josh) Smith’s residence, but he was not at home,” Jones said.

Authorities have released few details since the notification of Gilbert's death last week. Jones confirmed that a narcotics agent, now identified as Smith, was attempting to serve a warrant at a house when the shooting occurred.

A GBI press release says the incident involved Gilbert's vehicle and drug squad vehicles prior to the shooting.

"There wasn't a pursuit. The vehicles were involved in a collision," said Marko Jones, assistant special agent in charge of the Thomasville GBI office.

When asked if Gilbert was armed, Jones said GBI agents are viewing video from drug agents' body cameras.

Georgia State Patrol troopers responded to the scene on Aug. 15 to assist with crowd control as hundreds gathered at the shooting site, filling nearby streets and a convenience store parking lot.

+1
Magnolia St. shooting
A bystander at the Tuesday shooting scene listens to Thomasville police Sgt. Toby Knifer as the officer enlarges the crime scene with crime scene tape.
Patti Dozier/Times-Enterprise
Johnny James, a bystander, expressed his grief.

“We need some help around here,” he said. “It hurt to see a young man down there dead.”

Dozens of people rallied outside the jail the following day.

"I'm out here protesting for a man that was shot for no reason at all," protestor William Gibson said. He added that he did not think police followed proper procedures.

A larger rally held Monday, Aug. 21, attracted locals and regional activists from groups such as Black Lives Matter and the Black Panthers.

Chants of ‘"no justice, no peace,” “hands up, don’t shoot,” among others rang through the downtown Thomasville streets.  Police blocked off sections of downtown to allow the marchers to pass.

"As long as they are protesting peacefully, it is their right to do it," Thomas County Sheriff Carlton Powell said last week. "We’re asking them not to impede traffic and have this develop into something else that might cause somebody else to get hurt. There are people in the community who are upset. We are asking for cooler heads to prevail."

The Thomasville, Georgia, Times-Enterprise contributed to this story.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Original Thread by compulynx
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Mulford Act coming up!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This will go well
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL at optic setup.

Nothing says tactical like a sight mark on a carry handle.

Next up, SKS with duckbill.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL at the shitty mallninja AR.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
This is how they basically got their start, just going back to their roots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm all out of cokes.....but okay with all the above actions.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that a slide fire stock with the optic mounted on the carry handle?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ear pieces are a nice touch. So tactical
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
looks like a gen 2 glock in his.... belly / chest holster
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
and nobody missed work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that a slide fire stock with the optic mounted on the carry handle?
View Quote
I believe it is just that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that a Slide Fire on his AR?
Edit: answered 10 seconds before I posted.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Their guns all got butt fucked by a cheaper than dirt catalog
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#16]
It's just too fucking hot to be black in black, I'd of waited till the fall.....................Ugly ass rifles none the less
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Those pics look like fail and diabetes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I am going to Atlanta this weekend for a soccer tournament otherwise I would be going downtown to see the show...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Better watch out, they have a Blue Belt on board.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice. I saw some dickhead in an Antifa costume in the Leesburg Walmart earlier today. He wasn't down to fight though.
View Quote
Antifa costume? What is that exactly? I'm also in Va, so , a little concerned.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey! We live close!!!!

Other thread
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This was in Leesburg, GA, just a little bit up the road from Thomasville. He was just wearing head-to-toe black, including black denim vest with a little Anarcho-Communist flag on the back.
View Quote
DOH! Georgia not Virginia.  Thanks, though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
and nobody missed work.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This was in Leesburg, GA, just a little bit up the road from Thomasville. He was just wearing head-to-toe black, including black denim vest with a little Anarcho-Communist flag on the back.
View Quote
I go to albany several times a year but I've never seen anything really crazy down there----much less any black panther or antifa crap. I guess those types don't like the walmarts, sams, lowes or the mall that's down there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOL at the shitty mallninja AR.
View Quote
Yep...

Hasn't even painted it...

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I will find it incredibly ironic, not to mention funny as all get out, if BLM and Antifa are the groups that get liberal democrats so used to seeing guns that they stop calling the cops every time they see one.

Guns for everyone!  Well, at least everyone I agree with. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I thought Facebook didn't like pictures of guns.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It was a local first for me. It's pretty rare to even see someone else in a punk band t-shirt. I wouldn't be surprised if he was from out of town. I'm sure the Black Panthers are from Atlanta.
View Quote
The last time I was down there was when I went through there on my way to Moultrie for the Ag Expo last October.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Back in the day they packed Garands.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#33]
No mirrored sunglasses? Fucking fail boat all around.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By @compulynx :
Hey! We live close!!!!

Other thread
View Quote
We should meet up and have a chili dog at the pool hall or something.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And Ithaca 12 ga's also, I think.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#36]
That's a big black foregrip.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry to ruin your Black Panther party
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#38]
The AR pistol is a .22lr
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I have no issue with them openly carrying.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I want to see the antifa fags with guns try to convince these nice black panthers that they are on the same team lol. Last man standing style
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#41]
50:1 that more than one have active warrants....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Retards with shitty rifles...I'm so impressed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Bottom pic guy should be arrested. And his rifle is LOL
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Good for them.

Watch: NO GUNS FOR NEGROES
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Profile of a "good man"???  I call Bullshit...

"Jail records show Gilbert was charged with several offenses since 2005, including cocaine possession, cocaine possession with intent to distribute and cruelty toward child (family offense)...."

ZFG
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I am OK with any citizens organizing or calling for removal of elected officials they don't like by any lawful means.  I am also OK with law abiding citizens owning or carrying guns.  I am not OK with threats against elected officials or anyone else.  And that goes for all groups regardless of race, political party, or religious affiliation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am going to Atlanta this weekend for a soccer tournament otherwise I would be going downtown to see the show...
View Quote
Those close in pics were downtown. I bet they were loading mags down at Kelvin's
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We should meet up and have a chili dog at the pool hall or something.
View Quote
Sounds good! Like Doc said: Say when!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Do you get a good chin-weld with that optic setup bro?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#50]
North carolina has that "going armed to the terror of the public" statute, which would be very applicable here.  Perhaps GA needs that also.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top