Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 7:12:30 PM EDT
I have had some heart braking stories told to me by him and a good few friends and family that were involved in the aftermath in some ways.  A friend that owns a limo service who lost not only clients,  but some good friends.  He says on 9/11 he lost 30 percent of his client list.

My uncle ran right in to the south tower and was directing evacuees who were injured,  his life was spared by a man that fell,  he turned to run and help a man that fell over some debris and got hurt.  He said that moment is when the building started coming down,  He and the man who fell ran.  In my uncles words,  "this is it,  this is the end".  They ducked into an alley and took cover,  they made about a block,  maybe a little more.  They both survived.  

My uncle is pictured in a spread in one of the famous magazines directing evacuees out of the tower shortly before the first collapse.

My brother who went to NY to volunteer after 9/11 has been absolutely haunted by the experience.  I had the opportunity to accompany him and his wife to ground zero for the first time since his volunteering.  I really believe him when he says it was cathartic for him,  he was so quiet and deep in thought there.  I remember the moment when the young woman asked to touch his 9/11 memorial tatoo,  she too had been a victim of 9/11,  I remember her conversation and seeing her reaction.  She was very, very moved by it.  
This story was posted by my brother on his Facebook wall.  

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

His experience nearly caused him to end his life.  I genuinely think his new wife saved him,  she has helped re-mold him into a strong person.  Retired Air force CPT and chaplain. (She was in the OKC bombing).  And a genuinely wonderful woman.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting that. Thank him for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting that. Thank him for me.
View Quote
Will do.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]

how soon our country forgets.  now we wish to welcome them in with open arms and worry more about tearing down our countries history and culture.

ETA:  Those involved and close to it will never forget.  I don't mean them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

how soon our country forgets.  now we wish to welcome them in with open arms and worry more about tearing down our countries history and culture.

ETA:  Those involved and close to it will never forget.  I don't mean them.
View Quote
Certainly baffles the mind that there are still dumb fucks that want to have an open immigration policy without any restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
That day completely/permanently changed me and my outlook on the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top