Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:24 AM EDT
I got to look through a pair of Leica binoculars and now I'm hooked. The glass on those is perfect. There's no way I'm spending 2k for a pair of binoculars, though. Does anyone have experience with the Trijicons?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for midday.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a pair of 10x42 Vortex Viper HD's.  I am very impressed with the quality and clarity. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked up a pair of 10x42 Vortex Viper HD's.  I am very impressed with the quality and clarity. 
View Quote
This.

I had them side by side with Swaro's for a week.  Sent the Swaro's back.  Don't get me wrong, the Swaro's were a bit better, no doubt..... just not that much of a difference in quality vs. price.  Call up Vortex and talk to them about their higher end bino lineup.  They'll shoot you straight just like they did for me.  It was explained to me like so - Swaro's and the like are amazing glass.  The difference between them and the HD line takes a trained eye to even notice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll have to check out Vortex, then. Do they have the same awesome warranty as their optics? They do! That's a huge deal, actually.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I am still a huge fan of Steiners.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  8 x 30 military marine are my go to glass.  

Nikon makes decent glass for the money.  Friend has both Leicas and Swaros.  Nothing will match those, but you can get some really nice glass for $200 ish.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have Vortex Diamondbacks.  No, they're not Vipers or Razors but they're pretty damn good for under a couple hundred bucks.  I would love some Razors but it just isn't gonna happen right now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Tract Torics are very nice for the money.

IMO they are on par with Viper HD's and Zeiss Conquest HD's.

I have a pair of Nikon Monarch ATB's 10x32's and Tract Toric 10x42's and there is a marked difference.  I know they are not true apples to apples but the glass clarity and build quality on the Tracts are very noticeably better.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately, the only way to get Leica, Swarovski, or Zeiss performance is to buy Leica, Swarovski, or Zeiss binoculars.

Nikon Monarch 7 are among the best mid-priced in my opinion, but I haven't tried very many.

My daughter has a pair, and is well satisfied.

Binoculars provide endless hours of enjoyment.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Cabelas Hd euros 98.5% of swaros at 1/2 the price 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I have Swarovski EL's.  Paraphrasing Ferris Bueller, "They are so choice, if you have the means I highly recommend picking them up."  Seriously, there are a number of binos that come close at a fraction of the price.  You've already got some good recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
The Zeiss are very nice.  

Cough, cough....I may have some listed in the EE reasonably priced
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have the 10x50s Really nice for hunting out west.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have Vortex Diamondbacks.  No, they're not Vipers or Razors but they're pretty damn good for under a couple hundred bucks.  I would love some Razors but it just isn't gonna happen right now.
View Quote
This right here. The cost:quality is awesome. There are better binos out there but as price goes up drastically, quality doesn't increase at the same rate, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I picked up a set of like new discontinued 7x35's and a set of the 15x80 Green rubber armored military/marine for very cheap on eBay a while back.  Very nice for my needs.  The 7x35's are brighter than the 8x30's I've looked through.  I'll get a set of 10x50 Steiner MM soon and call it good.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Those are all really nice, I've drooled over a few pair.  All depends on what you want.......what you can justify, what you're using them for.  
Bottom line really it's your purchase get what makes YOU happy with what you want to spend!

I caught a pair of the New Diamondback DB-203 10x32 Binoculars on sale locally for $121.78 about a month ago.
I like the size and seem to make things look closer......ha ha ha.  Using for hunting optics so liked the weight and size.....price helps too.  

These aren't $2K glass but I'm really happy with them and not too worried about abusing.  

Also have a pair of Redfield Rebels 10x42, like them too but they're heavy and larger.  
Warranty was good had to send them in for a repair and they had them back to me inside a week.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I've enjoyed my Nikon Monarch 7 for a couple years now. For the money they are great. Are they great? Yes, for the money.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Said it before, I'll say it again....Buy once, cry once! Leicas or Swarovskis and be done!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This.

I had them side by side with Swaro's for a week.  Sent the Swaro's back.  Don't get me wrong, the Swaro's were a bit better, no doubt..... just not that much of a difference in quality vs. price.  Call up Vortex and talk to them about their higher end bino lineup.  They'll shoot you straight just like they did for me.  It was explained to me like so - Swaro's and the like are amazing glass.  The difference between them and the HD line takes a trained eye to even notice.  
View Quote
Yep the Viper HD line is very nice for the money...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Swarovski, Leica, or Zeiss Victory.  

Arf is full of Vortex leghumpers.  And while I do own a Vortex Razor scope which is nice, go with one of the top three in the business.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Monarch 7 are 95% of the swaros. The thing about the nikons are the weight. They are light!
Some of the others in this range and up to the $1,200 mark are as good as the monarch 7 but they weigh much much more. I very much enjoy the monarch 7's but will one day own the swaros.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Said it before, I'll say it again....Buy once, cry once! Leicas or Swarovskis and be done!
View Quote
This.

It is interesting that people will say "I buy cheap binoculars so I don't have to worry about abusing them." when in fact, Leica, Swarovski, and Zeiss will probably take more abuse than the cheaper ones.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This.

It is interesting that people will say "I buy cheap binoculars so I don't have to worry about abusing them." when in fact, Leica, Swarovski, and Zeiss will probably take more abuse than the cheaper ones.
View Quote
Nobody in this thread is recommending anything that qualifies as "cheap binoculars". They are recommending premium optics with awesome warranties. Then there is the super premium category which contains the swaros etc. Those are a huge jump in price with a small difference in performance.

Don't get me wrong, after looking through the swaros for a bit I absolutely will have them one day. Just need to get all this class 3 stuff out of the way first. Oh and the night vision.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you for the recommendations. I'll look into the Monarchs and others. A big detractor for the Vortex binos is that there are no local dealers for them. I hate buying stuff like that without looking through them and feel weird about returning them if there's no defect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top