Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 2:13:29 PM EDT
If you can't make the 2017 Eclipse, or if you want to 'get both' mark your calendars:  

Nasa: Total Solar Eclipse - 8 April 2024.

While the point of Greatest Eclipse is going to be in Mexico, the band of Totality will still stretch across the lower middle to north east part of the US.  On the Google map on the website, wherever you click, it will drop a marker and give you the times for C1, C2, C3, & C4 as well as Maximum Eclipse (totality). Times are in UT (GMT).

So if you have solar glasses, save them!  Or - once they're available again - order them early!

Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool I'm right in the center band!
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Can a few of you help me push Michigan just a little to the east?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn we have to get done with this one.
Chill out with that 2024 stuff.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn we have to get done with this one.
Chill out with that 2024 stuff.
View Quote
It's never too early to plan.

Seriously, the first eclipse hotel reservations here were made at least 3 years ago - back before the town was even aware of what was going to happen.   I mean some of us geeks knew about it, but the city hadn't yet started any propaganda or planning... and the rooms were already being sold.

So knowing about it 7 years early... that won't hurt anyone.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the "cross hair zone".....both eclipses are going right over my house. One minute and twenty two seconds for the current one and a little longer for the one coming in 2024. Very rural area, no traffic concerns, stocked up and ready.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to find a place in SE Oklahoma to stake out for 2024.

Then that will be it until 2045, which the path of totality will run right over all of Oklahoma. I'll be 66 years old then, so that will be it for total solar eclipses for me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope to see that one since it will be in my back yard
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Tempting to plan for this one since it'll be in Indiana but the one coming up in a few days is about the same distance south as the 2024 one is north.

Both are on Mondays as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, crap.  The link is dead...ish.  It just brings you to 2017 eclipse now.

So here's another link with the same info:
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8#
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top