Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2001 11:43:07 AM EDT
So 10 years after banning most guns and crime rates that have gone through the roof, England has decided that it now needs to ban civil rights, you know "it's for the children".

What England has done is:
Getting rid of trial by jury
Abolish the rule against double jeopardy
Confiscate the assets of criminals without trial

Complete Article http://www.cbsnews.com/now/story/0,1597,289279-412,00.shtml

Parts of the Article:
"There is a real crime problem in Britain," said Geoffrey Robertson, a trial lawyer. "London is more dangerous these days than New York."

Robertson, one of Britain's leading trial lawyers says the shocking crime statistics panicked Prime Minister Tony Blair's government into going for a quick fix.

"The quick-fix solution is always the populist one: Let's get rid of jury trials. Let's abolish the rule against double jeopardy. Let's confiscate the assets of criminals without trial," he said. "But this doesn't help to detect crime."

And all of this is happening in the country that gave America its basic concepts of justice. One of those legal rights that the government is now chipping away at, trial by jury, was guaranteed, on the banks of the river Thames at Runnymede, when King John signed the Magna Carta nearly 800 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]
England.  What a sorry excuse for a free country.  Can't even call it free anymore.

The EU is passing pan-European laws that criminalize criticism of the EU now, too. What a wonderful place, huh?

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Well they could not have taken their civil rights without taking their guns first, right? Poor sheep...bahhhhh!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Now where are the sheeple cries of "Why can't we be more like the civilized countries such as England?".

I believe it was just last year that judges were allowed to incarcerate individuals solely because of mere suspicion that they MIGHT commit a crime.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]
That my friends is the difference between free men and subjects of the crown. They are killing and burning the animals there now, will it be those who long for freedom next.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
England ranks #1 in world violent crime, with Australlia a close 2nd and U.S. is 8th.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
England ranks #1 in world violent crime, with Australlia a close 2nd and U.S. is 8th.  
View Quote

Why the hell can't the sheeple learn this?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like we wasted a hell of a lot of money in the last 50 years - maybe we should have just let the USSR have Europe.... At least it would have been more efficient. Friggin Brits!
I guess Otto (A Fish Called Wanda) was right afterall!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you just pull that out of your ass?

Columbia is the most violent nation in the world.  Followed by Brazil and South Africa.  BTW, violent crime is so bad in Brazil they have repealed their gun laws.  Gun control didn't seem to help their outrageous crime rates, so they saw little harm in letting citizens own guns again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Last weekend Massod Ayob spoke at our annual meeting.  He was telling us about a trip he took down to Florida.  I belive he was wearing something that identified him as a gun owner and he was a little concerned about how people there would react to him.  He was on tour and spoke with several nice people from Florida.  Then he noticed a couple sort of shying away from him.  It turns out they were from England and they told him England doesn't think the US should have guns.  His response was, didn't we settle that argument over 200 years ago!

The English are getting what they deserve for being sheep.  Hopefully people in the US will see this as a wake up call and stop it from happening hear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
[left]SWIRE: thats why i learned HOW to make My own guns! from avalible metal. but when the day come's when they have my guns. i will still have guns regardless. it really pisses me OFF that people like the brits are too stupid to see what banning all guns has done to them. to me if there that DUMB to believe what there own
government has told them; then there too dumb
to own guns period. another thing that pisses
me off is that both World Wars we fought for them spilled Blood for them to be free then turned around and loose it to abunch of fucking
commies. when you loose you right to bear arms, and your civil liberties then what is itfucking communist! thats while in the post about this one member not wanting to fight for freedom! why? huh! why should i go and spill my blood for some goddamn country that's taking its own citizens right's away? i won't. if the WW I/II vet's see's this they would turn in there grave. one more thing if a brit come up to my
face and say that i would beat the living fuck right out of him!!!!!!![/left][:(!]

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]
.....did'nt we settle that arguement 200 years ago?
I love it!
Now those bastards will be at the UN this summer
trying to get ours!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top