Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 12:14:42 PM EDT
So our 4.5mo old heeler mix L O V E S water.. as in running dive into the pool, rolling around, blowing bubbles, chasing the squirt gun, jumping up and down, trying to get his water hating brother wet, and heck, just even sitting there with us in our little piece of paradise.

Took some funny photos and videos of him having fun yesterday.

Fitz with his water hating bigger(little) bro in the background.  Charlie has a raft he floats on so he can be with us without getting too wet lol.

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]

good pup
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

good pup
View Quote
Yes!  We are so lucky!  Ball of energy, loves everyone and everything, listens well, and is very easily trainable.  Smart dogs are awesome.  Our other dog is very similar too, but likes to sleep in longer LOL.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a 3 y.o. Red Heeler that is on track to best dog ever,for me.
Rescued him last April,very smart and just wants to learn,it seems.
Enjoy your pup!  

ETA: Every time we go out in the yard, he tries to herd me,can't help himself i guess,lol.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Dags are awesome
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Our dog loves to swim in the lake here.  But she's deathly afraid of baths, hoses, and rail.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got a 3 y.o. Red Heeler that is on track to best dog ever,for me.
Rescued him last April,very smart and just wants to learn,it seems.
Enjoy your pup!  

ETA: Every time we go out in the yard, he tries to herd me,can't help himself i guess,lol.
View Quote
He does not herd at all, but he does calculate cutoff points when he and our other dog are running around.  He will intercept vs just chase around.  Some of Fitz's real brothers, however, do have a strong herding drive according to their adoptive familes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]

We have a dog (this is him at 7 weeks old - he is now 5 months old) that loves the water - he just hates the soap!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes!  We are so lucky!  Ball of energy, loves everyone and everything, listens well, and is very easily trainable.  Smart dogs are awesome.  Our other dog is very similar too, but likes to sleep in longer LOL.
View Quote
we had two labs, one was very smart always at my side the other was a lazy but lovable lump of love.

both were great dogs
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/i2jkpu8.jpg
We have a dog (this is him at 7 weeks old - he is now 5 months old) that loves the water - he just hates the soap!
View Quote
LOL and friggin adorable.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]
My friend has a husky that goes absolutely nuts with water.

A raging loon if there is a sprinkler on the lawn.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Freeride.  Tell me about the pool.   Make/model/size/cost.  How's it holding up to his nails?  Do any sort of base between the pool bottom and ground?

Awesome pix.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Hahaha, cute pupster there.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Freeride.  Tell me about the pool.   Make/model/size/cost.  How's it holding up to his nails?  Do any sort of base between the pool bottom and ground?

Awesome pix.
View Quote
@cinco1

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Deluxe-Family-Pool/48745815

A.  The dogs were not supposed to use this pool, it was for my wife and I.  They have a small plastic pool to use... yeah that went right out the window in about 5 seconds of us getting into the bigger pool.

B.  The pool sitting on our artificial grass patch.

C.  We are both surprised it lasted through two days of this.  I has handled both dogs walking along the top edge and going in and out of it.  And Fitz's claws are friggin sharp!!  I dont understand how it has not been punctured.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@cinco1

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Deluxe-Family-Pool/48745815

A.  The dogs were not supposed to use this pool, it was for my wife and I.  They have a small plastic pool to use... yeah that went right out the window in about 5 seconds of us getting into the bigger pool.

B.  The pool sitting on our artificial grass patch.

C.  We are both surprised it lasted through two days of this.  I has handled both dogs walking along the top edge and going in and out of it.  And Fitz's claws are friggin sharp!!  I dont understand how it has not been punctured.
View Quote
Thanks man!  I was looking at one of those for some hot "dog day" summers.  Just didn't want it to be a one time use!  Keep us posted on Fitz's maritime adventures.  Awesome dog.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My friend has a husky that goes absolutely nuts with water.

A raging loon if there is a sprinkler on the lawn.
View Quote
We got a sprinkler, and he ran through it, but the pool was much more attractive.  But now that he likes to eat spraying water.. the sprinkler might be a different story.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#17]
My dad's Lab would squat over the pool and dip his nards in the pool to cool down.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#19]
The other dog is looking like "what are you doing?"
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The other dog is looking like "what are you doing?"
View Quote
He really dislikes water.. he bathes fine, but does not want to be in the pool.. he will stand on me or my wife and then lift any leg left in the water out.  He did hang on his raft for a bit, but his heiny got wet and he didnt want to play anymore.  He just never has liked it even from a small puppy.. no bad experiences either.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#21]
The essence of wisdom in what is life.  Thanks for sharing that.  I've often been left in awe of my dogs at times.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Our lab is big on water.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/i2jkpu8.jpg
View Quote
Might want to go back to where you bought that, that's no dog

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Above ground pool trash.  This is GD, we have supermodels that tend to our built in pools and stock the tiki bar.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#25]
That dag is guilty!

Of being AWESOME!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Above ground pool trash.  This is GD, we have supermodels that tend to our built in pools and stock the tiki bar.
View Quote
I will go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Ha ha ha!

Good pup you have there!

I am not allowed to water my peppers...

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks, for sharing the pictures and video.
Gotta love the fur kids..
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Great photos of a loved one having fun!
Thanks for sharing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top