Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 7:32:29 PM EDT
Quoted:
OP, I found the listing in less than two minutes. You MIGHT have provided too much info...
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
EBay always sides with the buyer.  So if you want to force ebay to refund your money from the seller open a report.  Or contact seller first then force ebay to get your refund if they do nothin
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
A link or screen shot would help, but based on the listing title I would complain.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A link or screen shot would help, but based on the listing title I would complain.
View Quote
In some giant fit of stupidity years ago, I created my ebay account where the account name is my real first & last name. I want to avoid linking to the ebay auction and risk getting Arock'ed. I have a very unique name (less than 4 people in the USA with my last name).
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
EBay always sides with the buyer.  So if you want to force ebay to refund your money from the seller open a report.  Or contact seller first then force ebay to get your refund if they do nothin
View Quote
Just contacted the seller. Politely pointed out the subject indicated there were two items, told him I received only one item, and asked if there was another in the mail.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you know You can change your eBay user name
Well you can

And you've not been scammed, you didn't read carefully

Either send it back and get your money back or accept you should have read the whole ad. And learn from it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not if the item is as described. I sold some old MTG cards and one buyer tried to juice me out of 50 bucks saying the package was damaged in the mail. I said fuck off and he filed a claim based on the card protector being bent. (dumbass)

I told ebay I wasn't selling card protectors, I was selling cards and they ruled against him.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the seller play some language games?

I've seen it happen on both eBay and Gunbroker where a seller will say something like "Lot of 5 Items" in their title but in the description and listing they will say "you are only bidding on ONE item" and the auction is actually a multi-item listing where people can buy singles of 5 separate "identical" items.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In some giant fit of stupidity years ago, I created my ebay account where the account name is my real first & last name. I want to avoid linking to the ebay auction and risk getting Arock'ed. I have a very unique name (less than 4 people in the USA with my last name).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's pretty cool.

What is it?

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, I found the listing in less than two minutes. You MIGHT have provided too much info...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did the seller play some language games?

I've seen it happen on both eBay and Gunbroker where a seller will say something like "Lot of 5 Items" in their title but in the description and listing they will say "you are only bidding on ONE item" and the auction is actually a multi-item listing where people can buy singles of 5 separate "identical" items.
View Quote
There was no option to purchase multiples. The word "one" never appears, though the description says "an". There was no buy-now option and I'm listed as the only bid.

I've only bought a half dozen items on ebay over the last decade, so I'm not an expert.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me guess. You bought a PS6 box for $300 without reading the whole ad.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let me guess. You bought a PS6 box for $300 without reading the whole ad.....
View Quote
Bought a "Lot of 2" items for $35 that normally sell for $25-$30 shipped per item. Received one item in the mail.

For the price difference, it's not really worth fighting. It's just annoying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top