Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 6:12:44 PM EDT
Our house is only 4 years old and we bought it about a year ago. Since we have owned this house I have had this issue. 2 of the three bedrooms use the really small light bulbs and they always go out within a week or two. I keep replacing them and they keep going out. They go in the closet lights and the lights that built into the ceiling fans. I have tried every brand and still keeps happening. It only happens in those two rooms with those particular light fixtures

These are the bulbs

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
check voltage?

and go with LED
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
check voltage?

and go with LED
View Quote
I have tried finding LED in that size and they are hard to find. I am sure they make them, but the stores I go to only have the non LED style
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Amazon Product
  • It's the same size as a traditional E12 light bulb, but with a sleek and neat design, producing a comfortable and relaxing soft white light
  • Each and every bulb can replace your current 40 Watt incandescent E12 light and you're going to only spend about $1.1 per year in energy costs, Color Temperature: 2700k
  • As bright as traditional incandescent 40W bulb, but consuming only 20% of energy, Installs into existing American E12 base fixtures directly

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Ceiling fan is shaking the filament loose in the bulb. Get a fan-rated bulb & the filament is tougher.

I went thru the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sweet thanks
View Quote
No problem.  Just the first one I found, search "e12 led bulb"
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I always just buy my bulbs from the store. Fucking walmart
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Heat is killing your bulbs.

Get LEDs.

Don't look back.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Like others said if in ceiling fans vibration is getting them.  Also some bulbs are rated for lower voltage make sure your getting 125v rated bulbs or higher.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
What others said, as well as you need to have the neutral and grounds checked in panel, as well as the ground rod.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I always just buy my bulbs from the store. Fucking walmart
View Quote
Store? No one got time fo dat!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Store? No one got time fo dat!
View Quote
I never think of buying lightbulbs online when they are dirt cheap at Walmart. Their selection of E 12 sucks though. Just ordered some LED from Amazon. All the other bulbs in the house are LED except for these
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top