Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 11:37:54 AM EDT
Supposedly he was trying to counter accusations of misconduct in the so called Checkers Affair. But really, what right does anyone have to know a president's or presidential candidate's taxes? What exactly does it add to the campaign or a president's performance in office?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It just drives the left insane that they can't push him around.  

Personally I think his tax returns are his business, and he's welcome to keep them to himself.  I certainly don't see anything in the Constitution that requires a President (or candidate) to release his personal financial info to the general public.  If there are suspicions of wrongdoing, it can be handled with subpoenas and warrants just like everybody else.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
That audit must still be going on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if the Kenyan's college transcripts will ever see the light of day... You know that idiot is a stupid F! and guarantee his grades reflect it. But the other theory is that his transcripts list him as a foreign exchange student.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Not once in 28 years of voting has a Presidential nominees
tax returns influenced my vote.

Not once. And I would bet most Americans could give a shit too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I never understood  what presidential tax returns were supposed to tell us. Or any other politician's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope he doesn't release anything else just to drive them nuts. Especially after Maddow's breaking news a while back that actually showed he paid an assload of taxes in that particular year.

Besides, who cares? He already won. None of his former voters or his possible future voters care one iota about his taxes. Just another obsession of the hysterical left.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems to me the president's tax information is private information that is not subject to public scrutiny. So, just because someone runs for public office he has to divulge his private information to the entire nation? His bank account? His Social Security number? His private medical information is not protected by HIPA anymore? That's BS.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
DILIGAS

He won, get over it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not once in 28 years of voting has a Presidential nominees
tax returns influenced my vote.

Not once. And I would bet most Americans could give a shit too.
View Quote
my first general election was 1972, I can honestly say the the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wonder if the Kenyan's college transcripts will ever see the light of day... You know that idiot is a stupid F! and guarantee his grades reflect it. But the other theory is that his transcripts list him as a foreign exchange student.
View Quote
Third theory is that his transcripts list him as "White"
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I never understood  what presidential tax returns were supposed to tell us. Or any other politician's.
View Quote
The idiots demanding Trump's tax return do not realize that a guy like Trump doesn't get a W-2 and a couple of 1099s marked with "From Russia With Love."  

Guys like Trump who operate at the "billionaire business owner and international commercial real estate developer" level don't really have "personal income" from a salary or wage.  His wealth or "income" comes from multiple sources that are much different from an employer paying him a paycheck.  Maybe one of our ArfCPAs or tax attorneys can advise.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're probably on the right track about the foreign exchange student thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Most importantly on this issue, is that there are few people who would actually care that could even read and understand such a tax return.
I doubt a single person clambering for the info to be released would have the slightest idea what they were looking at.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most importantly on this issue, is that there are few people who would actually care that could even read and understand such a tax return.
I doubt a single person clambering for the info to be released would have the slightest idea what they were looking at.

A.W.D.
View Quote
the people who are clamoring for the info to be released are also stupid enough to think there will be a line item for "bribes from Russia" with a large dollar amount listed.  

I'm serious!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope he never releases them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#17]
The people that want Trump to release his tax returns don't actually want to see his returns. They want to be outraged. Right now, they can be outraged by his not releasing them. If he was to release his taxes, none of these people would actually read them or even understand them. They'll wait for some partisan hack in the media to misinterpret (lie?) what is in the returns and then tell them what they should be outraged about now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
the people who are clamoring for the info to be released are also stupid enough to think there will be a line item for "bribes from Russia" with a large dollar amount listed.  

I'm serious!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A.W.D.

I'm serious!
Well technically the IRS does have a procedure for claiming bribes on your tax return... you would have to be an idiot to use it, but it's there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top