Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 2:57:56 PM EDT
Yes, they get dirty as fuck also

Had some trouble getting my Trident9 3-lug. mounted up. Took the 3 lug mount apart and after about 20 minutes worth of cleaning it worked just fine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually clean my mounts more than I clean my suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I once got my form 1 suppressor seized onto my Griffin taper mount.

Now I use antiseize on the taper and threads.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, they get dirty as fuck also

Had some trouble getting my Trident9 3-lug. mounted up. Took the 3 lug mount apart and after about 20 minutes worth of cleaning it worked just fine.
View Quote
I had the same problem with my Trident9 3 lig as well. It was absolutely filthy. I need to get in there with some emery cloth or 600 grit paper to work at the carbon. It's a mess. It has thousands of full auto rounds through it so I can't complain about using a bit of elbow grease though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I started cleaning the pistons on my octanes after every range trip, makes it pretty quick. I use these low speed if the carbon gets thick.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup.  Buddy has a Gemtech Halo (I think) basically welded to his mount on the M16.  Then again, he's basically considering it a loss when it fails since it's been on there ~15 years already.  Personally I vote to cut the mount off if it won't come free, and send the whole assembly to gemtech for a rebuild.  But not my $$$
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top