Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Had a 'wtf' til I skimmed the article.

He fucked over the investors who helped him find the gold in the first place then skipped out on a court summons over it.

Not much sympathy here.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
He is just a crook getting his due. Throw away the key and let him rot for awhile. He'll talk once he realizes he will never see the sun again if he doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Clickbait headline if I ever saw one.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Kind of a cool story though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clickbait headline if I ever saw one.
View Quote

Did you catch who OP was?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Thompson was finally caught in January 2015, after agents tracked his girlfriend to a $200-a-night hotel near West Palm Beach, the Post reported at the time.

In a celebratory statement, Tobin said the U.S. Marshals had used "all of our resources and ingenuity" to find the treasure hunter.
View Quote

Ok, tell us HOW you caught them!!

I bet it was from using a credit card under her name for incidental expenses, which the hotel insisted on.  If the name or card is on file with a big red flag, then the authorities get notified immediately.  Catch her, put pressure on her, win.

It is hard to stay invisible when you stay at reputable hotels.  Patel Motel FTW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top