Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 7:16:25 PM EDT
.......to pray with his team.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/15/coach-reprimanded-for-taking-knee-during-team-prayer.html?refresh=true

Wakulla Middle School football coach Eddie Metcalf did not lead the prayer. He did not recite the prayer. He simply took a knee and bowed his head.

“He may not kneel with the players,” the superintendent told the television station. “He may not put his hands on the players during the prayer. What we want our coaches to do – and what most people have survived with in regards to meeting the letter of the law – is to have separation from the players – two to three steps.”

The controversy started in November when the Freedom From Religion Foundation found a Facebook video of Coach Metcalf taking a knee after a football game.

They alleged that a middle school football coach who takes a knee with his team to pray is a “serious and flagrant violation of the First Amendment.”

I gotta ask....what about the Coach's First Amendment rights?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
He should have just said he was kneeling in support of black lives matter, then he'd be fine.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
.......to pray with his team.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/15/coach-reprimanded-for-taking-knee-during-team-prayer.html?refresh=true

Wakulla Middle School football coach Eddie Metcalf did not lead the prayer. He did not recite the prayer. He simply took a knee and bowed his head.

“He may not kneel with the players,” the superintendent told the television station. “He may not put his hands on the players during the prayer. What we want our coaches to do – and what most people have survived with in regards to meeting the letter of the law – is to have separation from the players – two to three steps.”

The controversy started in November when the Freedom From Religion Foundation found a Facebook video of Coach Metcalf taking a knee after a football game.

They alleged that a middle school football coach who takes a knee with his team to pray is a “serious and flagrant violation of the First Amendment.”

I gotta ask....what about the Coach's First Amendment rights?
View Quote

Well, it is the same old story.  Some minority group is offended by the actions of another and they cannot look away and mind their own business.
I am always reminded of the lack of common sense by some people.
Additionally, the people that have corrupted the meaning of freedom and liberty of the individual in this great country.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
As an atheist, I gotta say this is bullshit. Why is a coach who has faith kneeling with his players who also have faith a problem?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As an atheist, I gotta say this is bullshit. Why is a coach who has faith kneeling with his players who also have faith a problem?
View Quote

This guy gets it.

It's a load of horseshit. Completely normal for a coach at a Christian school to pray with the players, but go to a public school, and it's the worst fucking thing they could do.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
My son's team prays together before everygame. Sometimes over the PA.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

It's a load of horseshit. Completely normal for a coach at a Christian school to pray with the players, but go to a public school, and it's the worst fucking thing they could do.
View Quote

Every race I attend there is a prayer before hand. I don't partake, but I'm not gonna shit on the guys who do or try to get them to stop. 
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't that some bullshit.

He should have just said he was taking knee in protest...and the prayer was for BLM or some other bullshit cause.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, I'm glad the FFRF never saw the photos of me praying with my players after games and after practice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My son's team prays together before everygame. Sometimes over the PA.
View Quote

Our school used to have a pastor do the PA and he would offer a prayer before the game.  Some nut got their panties in a wad and the county put a stop to that.  Now there is a moment of silence prior to every game.  After that happened, our team would walk into the stands before the game, intermingle with the crowd and pray.

In 10 games this past season, we kneeled with the opposing team and prayed after every game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top