Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 12/14/2016 2:02:59 AM EDT
Comcast Xfinity's repair trucks may have caused multiple slide offs and collision.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Should've taken the guy for s ride in his own bucket.

Did you film that?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And then there is the genius laying in front of his car.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Motherfucker
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:17:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you film that?
View Quote

Those people are driving too fast for conditions. 

The ones piling in STILL going too fast seeing all the fucking calamity are grossly negligent.

Sorry, just totally can't put this on the guy with the truck.   
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:21:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The ones piling in STILL going too fast seeing all the fucking calamity are grossly negligent.

View Quote

A hill, icy road conditions, previous accidents with required cone distance, and he admits he knows they are speeding.  He is fucking prick of the highest order.  IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:21:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck Comcast
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:24:28 AM EDT
[#8]
LMAO. Someone on Reddit created this.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]
fuck those assholes
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:25:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you film that?

Yup.

The neighborhood autist harassing these guys that are trying to do a damn job are not helping.

Sure would be unfortunate if that guy had a cable outage and they told him "sorry, we can't fix it until spring when the weather improves".

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#11]
A dick?  Yeah.

Why are people driving so damn fast on ice over a blind hill, though?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup.

The neighborhood autist harassing these guys that are trying to do a damn job are not helping.

Sure would be unfortunate if that guy had a cable outage and they told him "sorry, we can't fix it until spring when the weather improves".
View Quote

This likely could be the dumbest thing I have read all day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit, unless there are cones before the hill, all those accidents are COMPLETELY his fault.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:30:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow...

There is stupid, then there is stoooopid, then there is the guy filming that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#15]
How about not driving too fast for the conditions? "Waa WAaa its not my fault" How about if you can't fucking stop in time, you're going too fast.

Do you need the government to put extra cones out for you, or are you capable of thinking for yourself and how fast you are driving?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:32:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not sure how any of that falls on the Comcast guy.

Adjust for inclement weather folks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder how long it's going to be before the remaining repair guys have to attend some training class where they're taught what YouTube is, and how it can get you fired.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:35:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:37:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:38:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A dick?  Yeah.

View Quote

I blame stupidity and over-confidence.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:38:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Should have called the man when he went to get the camera.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:42:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bullshit, unless there are cones before the hill, all those accidents are COMPLETELY his fault.
View Quote

How many tickets did the Comcast guy get?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll put the blame on Comcast because I hate them with a deep, burning passion.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:45:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I hate comcast with a passion but what the hell do you want the guy to do?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hate comcast with a passion but what the hell do you want the guy to do?
View Quote

Funny thing is you just know the douche with the camera originally went outside to bitch about his cable not working.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:47:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate Comcast as much as anyone (seriously they absolutely SUCK!!) and the repair dude not putting some warning on the other side of the blind hill is pretty stupid but honestly, he isn't going to give a shit until it fucks up his truck.

It's hard to find any sympathetic characters in this video though. From the autist filming it to the jackass in that chevy truck at the end, assholes everywhere.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:52:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Yup. Totally that dude's fault the Chevy came FLYING over the hill and hit that car.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, says the guy in Texas. 

I've been driving in Colorado snow since I had a learners' permit.   I've personally sat on 2 juries that unanimously attributed fault to people driving too fast for conditions in the ice road.   

Even in the few remaining states that still apply the sudden emergency doctrine, icy roads do not qualify.    The courts say, to paraphrase,  "Look, you have been driving in the ice, you know there's ice, you can't say 'oh shit, ice!' to justify your failure to slow down for conditions, and driving for conditions means being able to stop in a reasonable distance if you come upon an obstruction"
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Blame to go around, but the comcast drivers were putting their lives and trucks at risk for no reason other then blind adherence to their protocol. They should have parked further down the road and/or set out more cones further up the hill.

Drivers shoudl have adapted to shitty conditions, comcast should have adapted to shitty drivers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Blame to go around, but the comcast drivers were putting their lives and trucks at risk for no reason other then blind adherence to their protocol. They should have parked further down the road and/or set out more cones further up the hill.

Drivers should have adapted to shitty conditions, comcast should have adapted to shitty drivers.
View Quote

We have a bingo!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#31]
If people were driving for the conditions this wouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:59:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Drivers shoudl have adapted to shitty conditions, comcast should have adapted to shitty drivers.
View Quote

More cones would not have worked.  If anything it would have made things worse.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:02:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
 comcast should have adapted to shitty drivers.
View Quote

They could use a warning sign 100' tall with flaming letters and no difference would be noticed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:03:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Why would someone be speeding in those conditions to begin with?

Safety? Fuck safety. Those people are the reasons we have eighty seven warning labels on almost every darn thing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:04:38 AM EDT
[#35]
That old Chevy pick-up doing highway speeds on a slick, two lane road was totally the Comcast guys' fault.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:05:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

More cones would not have worked.  If anything it would have made things worse.
View Quote

More set out right by the truck wouldn't have helped, no, but setting some up at the crest of the hill might of. You're right though, the cones aren't going to fix the problem.

They were working on that poll because some truck managed to wax the box before comcast even showed up. Obviously the road/drivers/weather are a shitty combination and those cones won't stop them. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the bucket of that truck with cars all over the place like that. Call the cops and wait patiently for a cruiser to show up. Blue lights at the crest of that hill and I guarantee people will slow right the fuck down.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:06:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Hypothetically speaking what if the Comcast truck wasn't there and that school bus was stopped at the bottom of the hill letting little Billy and Suzie off?

Still don't think the drivers would be held responsible for their shit driving?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

More set out right by the truck wouldn't have helped, no, but setting some up at the crest of the hill might of. You're right though, the cones aren't going to fix the problem.

They were working on that poll because some truck managed to wax the box before comcast even showed up. Obviously the road/drivers/weather are a shitty combination and those cones won't stop them. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the bucket of that truck with cars all over the place like that. Call the cops and wait patiently for a cruiser to show up. Blue lights at the crest of that hill and I guarantee people will slow right the fuck down.
View Quote

Cones at the crest probably would have just caused head-ons instead.

And FUCK getting in that bucket in this scenario.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:14:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hypothetically speaking what if the Comcast truck wasn't there and that school bus was stopped at the bottom of the hill letting little Billy and Suzie off?

Still don't think the drivers would be held responsible for their shit driving?
View Quote
Well then people couldnt whine about comcast...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Worked a lot of incidents in traffic and knowing how people drive we always placed warnings well in advance of the incident.   Still had vehicles coming in hot and even plowing through cones and flare patterns.  And had quite a few secondary collisions.

Bad drivers + bad conditions + bad judgement = this video.

eta And WTF is that 1 cone for every 10mph speed limit bull shit?   That is more bad in the equation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:16:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup

When I see ice snow and slush on the roads I sure as hell ain't going that fast.
Especially cresting a blind hill.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#42]
ITT we find out likes to drive like a douche and then blame other people for it
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:20:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I see a few idiots, and at least one asshole.

Drivers too fast. Idiots on foot in the path of more incoming idiots in cars.

And asshole for not stopping to take 2 seconds to think "maybe I could do something to improve this situation for all of us, nah, fuck it, regs say its cool and thats g2g for me."
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:24:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
ITT we find out likes to drive like a douche and then blame other people for it
View Quote

I can't say whether or not the Comcast guy had his taper starting far enough back to meet the letter of the law.   Impossible to tell since most of those zones are defined by speed limit and I didn't see a speed limit sign on that vid.   But almost all of those folks were fucking SCREAMING in snowy/icy weather.   The ones that weren't were able to slow down and deal with the obstruction in a safe manner.  

Moving the cones back another hundred feet would have just had the fuckups occurring at that point.    Looked to me to be about 500 feet to the crest of the hill... had he put the cones there those cheese-dicks would have been ripping into the other lane and hitting traffic coming the other way head-on.  

Respectfully, I think OP has been spending too much time with the Reddit liberals.  Too many folks with the attitude that "Its your job to protect me from my negligent driving SIR!"     People want and need nannies I guess.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Drivers were driving too fast and the Comcast guys were too stupid to exercise good judgement after what they were doing clearly wasn't working.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:32:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A dick?  Yeah.

View Quote

Because they are fully prepared to blame someone else for their stupidity. You should read the comments on Youtube, what a bunch of fucking idiots. HALF the posted speed limit for shit conditions like that otherwise you're taking the risk, blame yourself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
.... Comcast guys were too stupid to exercise good judgement after what they were doing clearly wasn't working.
View Quote

Regarding that snippet, just realize that the inevitable result of that mindset is that "we're sorry, Comcast does not send out repair crews during inclement weather.  Your cable will be fixed on the next available sunny day..."

Or, perhaps,  "Dear public utilities commission, we're applying for a 23% increase in our approved fee structure for residential cable and internet services to offset the costs of adding two complete flagging crews to every single work crew so that we can better protect the community's drivers from their own stupidity." 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:34:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Videos like this are why when I'm working an accident I just shut everything down.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:38:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Video guy needs to monitor his estrogen levels a bit.  Was this filmed in the south where they don't know how to drive in the snow?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:47:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Video guy needs to monitor his estrogen levels a bit.  Was this filmed in the south where they don't know how to drive in the snow?
View Quote

No southern ice here, i think it was filmed in IN.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top