Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 10:21:48 AM EDT
i can see why california gun owners don't want to leave. it's beautiful. the mountains, blue skies (when there's no smog), more beautiful women than a normal man can look at (i think i strained my neck). it was crowded, but everyone i encountered was friendly- unless they were behind the wheel.
i stopped in at a gunsho-, er, i mean sporting goods store near encino to chat about the differences. no ar's or ak's, but the racks were stocked with m1a's and mini 14's. they had every kind of combat shotgun known to man and bout 20' of glass cases filled with handguns. so... black is only ok on shotguns and only certain pistols allowed- with registration and a 10 day wait (iirc). nfa weapons were unheard of. mean while- no cops in sight. i was told they don't do traffic stops unless you are smoking crack- while shooting out the window. it showed. every car seemed to have dents on at least 2 fenders. security, often, was some slack-eyed skinny kid looking at his shoes. i actually saw one with an empty holster. i could have carried the whole time, unnoticed- but the consequences wouldn't be worth it. it was like visiting an alternate reality.
while i was there it seemed like there were at least 2 shootings a night on the news. but far away from where i was in the valley. the city is vast. it's like the whole cleveland, akron, canton area, with all the empty spaces filled in with mountains or 2 story buildings and stripmalls.
i will visit again, but i won't be moving there. (big sigh of relief from angelinos)

oh- at a target store, i got asked if i would help recall gray davis. good luck with that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
And that's just the southern half!!

Come up north it gets even better.  Very conservative.  High mountains, forrest for 100's of miles, trees so big you can drive a car thru it, Lake Tahoe, and some of the best sking in the world!!

Oh...and the 7th largest economy in the world (for now anyways)

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you get to hit the Tropicana?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Oh...and the 7th largest economy in the world (for now anyways)

Sgtar15
View Quote

Or the largest bankrupt economy.  Take your pick. [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top