Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 10:04:08 AM EDT
I, among atleast eight others were victims of a fraud case on GunsAmerica.com.  I (along with the others) bought a Desert Eagle from a guy named Robert Cicero.  The problem is...we all bought the same gun..and no one got the firearm.  

Being a teacher in the summer this is quite devistating.  

This person was quite articulte and talked to me a few times untill I felt comfortable buying the firearm.  He had a cellphone number that is now disconected.  He posed as a used car salesmen.  I feel like such an ass...

GunsAmerica.com has been great about the whole thing...they, in fact, smelled a rat before I did.  

If you have any questions please post...ill try to respond.
This is his info:

Robert Cicero
15236 S. 16th Ave.
Phoenix, Arizona 85045
telephone, 602-538-1398(disconected)

I think a bad idea is to piss off a bunch of gun owners...but the liberals are waiting for people like us to strike back...then they will be right.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
South 16th Ave in Phoenix?  A pretty nasty part of town when I lived in the area.  It may be just a mail drop.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
South 16th Ave in Phoenix?  A pretty nasty part of town when I lived in the area.  It may be just a mail drop.
View Quote

Actually, that would be Awautukee.... the other side of South Mountain, and a fairly nice neighborhood. But, yeah, it could be a Mail Boxes Etc.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Edited because I was rude, sorry.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I got caught up in something like this on ebay during the PS2 launch, it involved 17 people.  I eventually got my money back after a couple months, the guy was never found, every contact ended up fake and phone numbers were disconnected.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I just tried that info on a couple of people-finding sites, and the closest thing to that that I found was a Robert Cicero in Mesa, AZ, but that might not be 100% accurate anyways.

I would start by contacting the other people he defrauded, and contact the proper authorities.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top