Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 11:25:45 AM EDT
Why doesn't the NRA (or any pro gun group) [s] just call[/s]  leagaly register them selves as a militia?

Then any one in the NRA is officially part of a militia and gun laws magically go away.

Sounds so simple and stupid it just might work.

I know that the individual rtkba is guaranteed; I'm not arguing that point.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]Then any one in the NRA is officially part of a militia and gun laws magically go away.[/b]

non-sequitur.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Last time I checked, Most of us here qualified by law as Militia....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
What constitutes a milita, where are the guideline regarding forming militia's, laws?

So why can't www.ar15.com register it self as a "well regulated milita"?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You're already a member of the militia!!  By law, every able-bodied male 18-45 years old is a member of the unorganized militia.  The states are currently responsible for drilling and training the organized militia.  They haven't really done anything about it since they performed so poorly during the Civil War.  

The NRA was originally established as a firearms training organization after the Civil War because Yankee generals realized that their troops couldn't shoot straight.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Calling yourself a militia doesn't mean you are a militia, or even [i]the[/i] militia.
View Quote

Why didn't I think of this!

I think I'll start calling myself a Class III dealer!

Oh wait!  Maybe I'll start calling myself the Commander in Chief and then I can fly a Warthog and shoot the gatling gun!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The NRA has always tried to distance it self from the "m" word. There was a supposed informal meeting by marion hammer and militia leaders back in mid 90s that the adl/jdl found out about and pulled their usual bullshit "anti-semite" accusations.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Legal Definition of "The Militia"

UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
Subtitle A - General Military Law
PART I - ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS
CHAPTER 13 - THE MILITIA

§ 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are -

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia;

and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 32 - NATIONAL GUARD
CHAPTER 3 - PERSONNEL

§ 313. Appointments and enlistments: age limitations

(a) To be eligible for original enlistment in the National Guard, a person must be at least 17 years of age and under 45, or under 64 years of age and a former member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps. To be eligible for reenlistment, a person must be under 64 years of age.

(b) To be eligible for appointment as an officer of the National Guard, a person must -

(1) be a citizen of the United States; and

(2) be at least 18 years of age and under 64.

[url]http://www.webleyweb.com/klh/militia1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]
The militia is ONLY considered the national guard according to all circuit court cases currently in existance.  The Emerson decision in the 5th circuit is seeking to change that.  

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CIVILIAN MILITIA!  IT IS NOT LEGALLY RECOGNIZED AT ALL!

I just wrote an extensive legal paper about the 2nd Amendment and the militia aspect of it.  Email or IM me if you want a copy.  You'll learn exactly what has happened in the courts and where our rights lie.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CIVILIAN MILITIA!  IT IS NOT LEGALLY RECOGNIZED AT ALL!
View Quote

Hmmmm.....Thats [b]EXACTLY[/b] what it is.

Thats kinda like saying I am in the Army but not a member of the armed services.

mi·li·tia   (m-lsh) n.

1 An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.

2 A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.

3 The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." George Mason (3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, ... all men capable of bearing arms;..." -- Richard Henry Lee writing in "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788, page 169.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People." -- Tench Coxe - 1788.

Sec. 311. - Militia: composition and classes
(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)
The classes of the militia are -

(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2)
[b]the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia[/b]

The militia were affirmatively required to furnish their own arms, ammunition and other supplies. This also distinguishes them from the National Guard.

The modern definition of the militia hasn't changed.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
SO then, it is simple the laws are unconstitutional, and we don't have to follow them.

It is called civil disobedience!!!

Problem is we (my self included) are to chicken shit to practice it, because of the harsh penalties, but enmass it would be a different story.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]
You're right, asshole, we are too chicken shit to practice it.

However, I am part of the militia.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You're right, [red]asshole[/red], we are too chicken shit to practice it.

However, I am part of the militia.
View Quote

Settle down francis!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SO then, it is simple the laws are unconstitutional, and we don't have to follow them.

It is called civil disobedience!!!

Problem is we (my self included) are to chicken shit to practice it, because of the harsh penalties, but enmass it would be a different story.

View Quote

speak for yorself..
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Hehehe, Francis...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Why the fuk you calling me an asshole?

It isn't civil disobedience if it is done in private, In order for it to work it needs to be done, openly and displayed publicly, en mass to the point that there would be no point in arresting everyone doing it. Which hopefully leads to policy change.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:37:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why the fuk you calling me an asshole?
View Quote

Could it [b]possibly[/b] be your screen name?[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Adam Nusiano is my name, doen't mean people can call me an asshole
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Adam Nusiano is my name, doen't mean people can call me an asshole
View Quote

Settle down francis!!

Hey man, take it from me, if you name yourself A-nus or Balzac, you're bound to get people calling you by other names.  

-Ball sack
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Honestly you realy think that is the first time i've herd that, I went to public school in NY, I was being sarcastic, all in good fun.

I just starded calling my self A-nus to beat every one to the punch.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top