Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2003 12:29:54 AM EDT

I have seen these on several movies, and in Punisher comic books (when I was a kid, I mean.  I don't read comic books now that I am a grown man [;)])  

Anyway, are they really available? Who makes them?  How much do they cost?  Are they legal?  Do they work?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I always wanted the spring loaded Knife setup  the nazi had in "Marathon man".

Is it SAFE??
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't the movie "Taxi Driver" have a spring loaded wrist holster in it?  IIRC it flicked a small auto into the wearer's hand.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Tim LaFrance used to make one for sale (might have been LEO , but I don't really remember) . He made the one the bad guy used in the Arnold flick " Red Heat"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#5]
What was that gun Al Pacino used in Red Heat?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It was an AK forty fal seventeen fifty five G3.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It is my understanding they are real. I have no idea where to find one or even where to get more info on them. Maybe email the NRA museum, the Cody Museum, or perhaps the history channel. Hey, do ya think Ermey would know? Email Mail Call.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]
YOU ARE NOTHING BUT UNORGANIZED GRABASTIC PIECES OF AMPHIBIAN SHIT!!

[center][url=http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket1.html][img]http://bigsblog.blogspot.com/images/ermey.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Triggernometry (book) talks about some.  More of a surprise than speed device.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Robert Deniro(Taxi Driver) made one out of the roller rail thingee on the inside of a desk drawer. Don't remember how he made the spring mechanism. It would make an interesting CCW application.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
It wasn't a wrist holster, but remember the movie, "MAVERICK", where he beats Billy-the Kid to the draw using a spring-loaded holster?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
One of my favourite charactars from a Japanese serial comic called Gunsmith Cats carries one with a Colt 1903 Vest Pocket in .32. Hers is made much the same way the one from Taxi-driver was made, with the trigger guard cut away on the pistol so when it pops out its right at hand. The guy who draws the comix built one for his Airsofts in Japan, and details the construction...I've got it SOMEWHERE at home. His uses a pull cord attached to the thumb that is invisable on his character because she always wears driving gloves. The spring is a pull instead of a push, and is triggered by pulling down with the wrist, disengaging a break-pin, sending the .32, with the grips attached by a wire to the device, into the hand of the shooter. Not very comfortable for every day use but with a coat or a loose sleeve shirt, for emergency purposes, it'd be a hell of a toy.

It might be a very worthy use for a Raven or a Phoenix Arms weapon- both of which have seemed to increase in quality as of late. My wife brought home a Raven .380 the other night and has put a couple of hundred mixed rounds through it with nary a missfire or feed and with OK accuracy...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#14]
you talkin' to me?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Several years back the wife and i crossed into Mexico at the Laredo border, we went to Nuevo Laredo and shoped and walked around I was checking out some of the fine leather shops they have and I find this one with all kinds of specialty holsters for knives and hand guns and shot guns and rifles and I am in heaven.
I left almost all my monety back at the hotel on the amerivcan side and by the time I would have went back the store would have been closed, it was laate already and we were leaving the next morning on our flight home.
They had spring loaded wrist and arm holsters for almost and size pistol that would fit up your sleve.
They had exotic carry holters for knives that I still don't know for sure where they went.
I always wanted to go back and buy everything in that little shop ,I wonder if it's still there.
The one I tried on was activated by flexing your muscle and it presses on the trigger and out comes the pistola.
I can see you would have to practice control and learn how to use it well, you wouldn't want to be talking to a cop and lift your hand to shake his and put the pistol right into his hand would you?, LOL  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#16]
GRABASTIC!

[LOL]
Top Top