Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 3:29:13 PM EDT
[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/6/27/152315[/url]

Gray Davis' Goons Illegally Harass Petitioners

"Opponents of the move to recall Gov. Gray Davis are asking their supporters to intimidate signature gatherers and complain of harassment at stores where recall petitions are circulating, stepping up the political battle taking place in front of Wal-Marts and Home Depots across California," the San Francisco Chronicle reported today.

An e-mail message and Internet posting titled "How to Advocate Against the Recall" falsely instructs Davis' supporters, "It is OK to stand in front of their table or approach potential signers before they do, or otherwise inhibit their activity." It tells people to claim they are "offended by being harassed" and complain to store managers.

"Remember, the longer you engage them, the fewer signatures they can collect," said the memo, distributed by a Big Labor group that comically calls itself Taxpayers Against the Governor's Recall. (These are the first "taxpayers" we ever heard of who like being $35 billion in the hole; in reality they're mostly government employees who are on the taxpayers' dole.)

"If anyone is suggesting that speaking out against the recall - exercising their First Amendment rights to speak out in the presence of signature gatherers - is somehow illegal, I would seriously question that," said Carroll Wills, spokesman for the group. "People have the right to free speech. Supposedly that is what the petition process is all about."

However, it is illegal to threaten petition gatherers, damage their property and bribe them to abandon their work, and these very things are occurring, the left-leaning newspaper said.

"I've been a coordinator for three years and collecting signatures for 11 years, and I've never seen anything like this," said Paula Wagner, 48, who supervises about 50 petition gatherers in Orange County.

"I was warned from the very beginning that if I hooked up with this recall I was going to alienate myself with other companies, and when this was over, what was I going to do?"

And check out what all those intolerant "peace"-loving leftists in San Francisco are up to. Attacks on petition workers there are so common, reported coordinator Tom Bader, that efforts are being shifted elsewhere.

He expressed disgust with the tactics of Davis' Big Government minions.

"These people are actually being told on the Internet to file false complaints," Bader said. "The circulators have been threatened all over the state that they are not going to work on any other petition. Then there is the physical aspect of it."

"A few weeks ago," said petition circulator Gloria Anderson, 48, who was working at a Home Depot in Redlands, "I had some guy walk up and try to yank my sign down. He called me a Republican bitch. I'm not even a Republican."
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the way how the newZ tried to smear Issa over some 20 year old [b]dropped[/b] car theft charges.

Shit, is that the best they can do?

What the Fck does that have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Things left unsaid, Lesson 1 :

"A few weeks ago," said petition circulator Gloria Anderson, 48, who was working at a Home Depot in Redlands, "I had some guy walk up and try to yank my sign down. He called me a Republican bitch.
[i]I'm not even a Republican[/i]."
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like the way how the newZ tried to smear Issa over some 20 year old [b]dropped[/b] car theft charges.

View Quote

I just loved that too.  Long ass writeup with tons of minute-by-minute accounts of who did what to whom.  I had to scan it twice before I realized that he was never tried or convicted of any crime.

Typical bullshit from the PRK press.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
wow thats bad, I hope this a hole gets recalled although it could mean we will be dealing with comrade feinstein.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

hmmm, who shall I vote for?

a guy who MIGHT of have stolen a $12,000 Benz or someone who drove a great state into the ground to the tune of 30 billion plus?

Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
These demonidiots are pretty funny.

I just saw pelosi on tv saying that the [b]people[/b] put red davis in power fair and square.

Well who the hell does the pos think is signing all those petitions?  Morons!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top