Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 12:45:01 PM EDT
I've heard from several sources that Century is out of SARs, and they won't be making any more.  Century is a business, and this was a big seller for them, so you can be sure that this is not what they want to do.  I bet that they can't get source guns past import.

If you want one, and you know where one is, you may want to go get it.  But as always check it over, and look to make sure the front sight post assembly is not canted.  These have been the best bang for the buck one could buy for the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've heard from several sources that Century is out of SARs, and they won't be making any more.  Century is a business, and this was a big seller for them, so you can be sure that this is not what they want to do.  I bet that they can't get source guns past import.

If you want one, and you know where one is, you may want to go get it.  But as always check it over, and look to make sure the front sight post assembly is not canted.  These have been the best bang for the buck one could buy for the last couple of years.
View Quote

Century does not really make them. They import Romanian SARs and replace enough parts with CAI made parts to be 922(r) compliant. If they are out it is because they cannot import any more.

But rather than spread rumors and speculate, call them and ask 800 527-1252.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What steyrAUG said,and as I have allways wanted one I traded a Poly-Tech Thumbhole AKS Raped in the 89 ban(ground off barrel threads,ground off bayou lug,and tack weilded lower hand guard hole for the cleaning rod)!

So he was happy getting a China gun,since we put a ban on chinnise imports for two years,and I was happy getting a gun that even you Steyr said a while back(you had better get one quick as they are drying up)!

Of course I have an Ak(maadi) in 7.62 so the SAR 3 was just the right ticket!

Really like your 08 luger,(steyr) how much do you want for it!

Bob [:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top