Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 7:59:49 AM EDT
Agent, officer butt heads 06/27/2003

By DOUGLAS QUAN
THE PRESS-ENTERPRISE

TEMECULA - Perhaps it was the searing summer heat, but cool heads did not prevail Thursday when two men -- one an off-duty Oceanside cop, the other a Rancon real estate agent -- butted heads over a blocked driveway, authorities said.

Just before 11 a.m., a caravan of agents pulled into a Temecula neighborhood at Primavera and Garbiano drives to view a new listing. Rancon President Mike Diaz said there were about 70 agents in the convoy.

According to Temecula police Sgt. Dave Kondrit, the officer's wife, returned home to find her driveway blocked by one of the agent's vehicles.

After she was allowed into her driveway, the woman came out to confront the agents and a verbal argument ensued, Kondrit said.

The woman's husband, the officer, came out of the house, and the shouting continued.

According to some witnesses, the officer head-butted a male agent, Kondrit said. Other witnesses, however, said the two men came at each other and bumped heads.

The agent punched the officer in the face, knocking him to the ground, Kondrit said. When the officer got up, he was punched a second time, Kondrit said.

Fearing that his wife might be in danger, the officer went back into his house and emerged with his holstered service revolver at his side and yelled for his wife to go back into the house, Kondrit said.

The man identified himself as a law enforcement officer, Kondrit said. He did not remove the gun from its holster, he added.

At least four Temecula deputies responded to the scene along with fire, paramedic and ambulance crews. The scene drew dozens of curious neighbors out of their homes.

In the end, neither the officer nor the agent decided to press charges.

"After thinking it over, they let the issue drop," Kondrit said.

"A cool head on either party would've resolved it," he added.

Yet, about an hour after the incident, emotions were still running high. A deputy had to separate a neighbor and another agent when they, too, got into a shouting match.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The cop sounds like a pussy, a pussy with a glass jaw.

He goes down when some real setate agent bitch slaps him once or twice?

I can imagine Wave get slapped and biting the head off of a dick like that.

Florida must have some milqutoast girly men as cops.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just before 11 a.m., a caravan of agents pulled into a Temecula neighborhood at Primavera and Garbiano drives to view a new listing. Rancon President Mike Diaz said there were about 70 agents in the convoy.
View Quote
Wha???? Crikey! The street must have looked like a used Cadillac sale. On this issue, I think the cop would have been justified in capping all 70 agents and burying their rent-a-tan hides in the woods, complete with all the gaudy jewelry, golf shirts, fake nails, BlueBlocker shades, loafers that have never been touched by a pair of socks, Merlboro Lights and business cards displaying a picture of the agent with a horse/dog/parakeet/cat.

Real estate agents. Yech. The literal definition of "smarmy."
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Wha???? Crikey! The street must have looked like a used Cadillac sale. On this issue, I think the cop would have been justified in capping all 70 agents and burying their rent-a-tan hides in the woods, complete with all the gaudy jewelry, golf shirts, fake nails, BlueBlocker shades, loafers that have never been touched by a pair of socks, Merlboro Lights and business cards displaying a picture of the agent with a horse/dog/parakeet/cat.

Real estate agents. Yech. The literal definition of "smarmy."DzlBenz©
View Quote

[ROFL2]
I'm keeping that one. hahahahahaha

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Agent, officer butt heads 06/27/2003

By DOUGLAS QUAN
THE PRESS-ENTERPRISE

TEMECULA - Perhaps it was the searing summer heat, but cool heads did not prevail Thursday when two men -- one an off-duty Oceanside cop, the other a Rancon real estate agent -- butted heads over a blocked driveway, authorities said.

View Quote

Real considerate of the residents, aren't they?? Assuming 3 agents to a car, that's an invasion of 23.5 cars...

According to Temecula police Sgt. Dave Kondrit, the officer's wife, returned home to find her driveway blocked by one of the agent's vehicles.

After she was allowed into her driveway, the woman came out to confront the agents and a verbal argument ensued, Kondrit said.

The woman's husband, the officer, came out of the house, and the shouting continued.

According to some witnesses, the officer head-butted a male agent, Kondrit said. Other witnesses, however, said the two men came at each other and bumped heads.
View Quote

"Mutual Combat".  (Been there myself!! [:D])

The agent punched the officer in the face, knocking him to the ground, Kondrit said. When the officer got up, he was punched a second time, Kondrit said.

Fearing that his wife might be in danger, the officer went back into his house and emerged with his holstered service revolver at his side and yelled for his wife to go back into the house, Kondrit said.

The man identified himself as a law enforcement officer, Kondrit said. He did not remove the gun from its holster, he added.
View Quote

It sounds to me, that after the officer got his ass kicked, he decided to change tactics, and had the opportunity to THINK! (I honestly cannot say, I would have reacted the same)

At least four Temecula deputies responded to the scene along with fire, paramedic and ambulance crews. The scene drew dozens of curious neighbors out of their homes.

In the end, neither the officer nor the agent decided to press charges.

"After thinking it over, they let the issue drop," Kondrit said.

"A cool head on either party would've resolved it," he added.

Yet, about an hour after the incident, emotions were still running high. A deputy had to separate a neighbor and another agent when they, too, got into a shouting match.
View Quote

Sounds like the cop did JUST what many of us have said WE would do in the same circumstances, (I am ALWAYS armed though). The fact that one of the agents knocked him down, means nothing to me. Just because someone is a cop, don't make 'em bad. It's the radio that does that! [:D]

The real estate people should have come in fewer at a time. They were inconsiderate. Sounds like the cop and the agent BOTH realized maybe they got a bit hot, and settled it themselves. (Prolly with a little help from the responders)

I certainly find no fault with the cop, other than the fact, that he, like any citizen, should have just dialed 911, and let the "Professionals", handle it....  Oh, Wait!!! Never mind...[;D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree that the officer came out of that fight looking like a wussy.

Let's see,
step 1. start fight with a 90 pound, limp-wristed real-estate agent,
2. get ass kicked,
3. repeat
4. go to house to get gun and THEN tell them you're a cop.

BUT, I'd be pretty pissed if some jerk blocked my driveway, just because he was too lazy to park a little further and walk a couple extra feet.

Conclusion, the real estate agent=a-hole, the police officer=laughing stock of the department Monday morning...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Wierd sitch, that's for sure.

That's real estate in California- very hot!  Some of those agents are the most godawful saleslime... yech!

OTOH, if it was *your house* they were trying to sell, though, you'd appreciate all the attention from the agents.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, as an old railroad employee once told me..."If it has tits or tires, sooner or later its going to give you trouble."
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#9]
the cops a puss, and he needs to break his bitch wife of her habit of starting fights. the wife went out to start a ruckus. they moved to  let her in. STFU up and go in your house.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like that couple in the beginning of Way of the Gun.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#11]
{Imbroglio][s]At least the cop went home safely.[/s]Oops. No, he didn't![/Imbroglio]
You know, even without the whole JBT undertone sure to be attached to this story, it's really a funny story: Wife gets mad. Wife bitches at interlopers. Wife goes inside to get husdband. Husband bitches at interlopers. Husband gets his ass handed to him. Twice. Husband retreats to home, returns with gun. "Who's a big man, now?" Heh.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Not meaning to start anything, but in some cases that could be deemed as brandishing a weapon for intimidation.  For a civilian ccw holder, this could cause you to lose your permit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Cops are wusses, unless they have their gun on them. He obviously wanted to see if he was a man without his gun. Well, he wasnt. I like that fearing his wife was in danger lie.
GG
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not meaning to start anything, but in some cases that could be deemed as brandishing a weapon for intimidation.  For a civilian ccw holder, this could cause you to lose your permit.
View Quote

What case or law are you citing here?

Seems it would have to be out of the holster to be "brandished".
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What case or law are you citing here?

Seems it would have to be out of the holster to be "brandished".
View Quote

No case law(I'm not a lawyer, I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!).

Actually it's the California Penal Code

417.  (a) (1) Every person who, except in self-defense, in the
presence of any other person, draws or exhibits any deadly weapon
whatsoever, other than a firearm, in a rude, angry, or threatening
manner, or who in any manner, unlawfully uses a deadly weapon other
than a firearm in any fight or quarrel is guilty of a misdemeanor,
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than 30
days.[red]
  (2) Every person who, except in self-defense, in the presence of
any other person, draws or [blue]exhibits[/blue] any firearm, whether loaded or
unloaded, in a rude, angry, or threatening manner, or who in any
manner, unlawfully uses a firearm in any fight or quarrel is
punishable as follows:[/red]
  (A) If the violation occurs in a public place and the firearm is a
pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon
the person, by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than three
months and not more than one year, by a fine not to exceed one
thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment.
  (B) In all cases other than that set forth in subparagraph (A), a
misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not less
than three months.
  (b) Every person who, except in self-defense, in the presence of
any other person, draws or exhibits any loaded firearm in a rude,
angry, or threatening manner, or who, in any manner, unlawfully uses
any loaded firearm in any fight or quarrel upon the grounds of any
day care center, as defined in Section 1596.76 of the Health and
Safety Code, or any facility where programs, including day care
programs or recreational programs, are being conducted for persons
under 18 years of age, including programs conducted by a nonprofit
organization, during the hours in which the center or facility is
open for use, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison
for 16 months, or two or three years, or by imprisonment in a county
jail for not less than three months, nor more than one year.[red]
  (c) Every person who, in the immediate presence of a peace
officer, draws or exhibits any firearm, whether loaded or unloaded,
in a rude, angry, or threatening manner, and who knows, or reasonably
should know, by the officer's uniformed appearance or other action
of identification by the officer, that he or she is a peace officer
engaged in the performance of his or her duties, and that peace
officer is engaged in the performance of his or her duties, shall be
punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than nine
months and not to exceed one year, or in the state prison.[/red]
  (d) Except where a different penalty applies, every person who
violates this section when the other person is in the process of
cleaning up graffiti or vandalism is guilty of a misdemeanor,
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than three
months nor more than one year.
  (e) As used in this section, "peace officer" means any person
designated as a peace officer pursuant to Chapter 4.5 (commencing
with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2.
  (f) As used in this section, "public place" means any of the
following:
  (1) A public place in an incorporated city.
  (2) A public street in an incorporated city.
  (3) A public street in an unincorporated area.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:08:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I agree that the officer came out of that fight looking like a wussy.

Let's see,
step 1. start fight with a 90 pound, limp-wristed real-estate agent,
2. get ass kicked,
3. repeat
4. go to house to get gun and THEN tell them you're a cop.

BUT, I'd be pretty pissed if some jerk blocked my driveway, just because he was too lazy to park a little further and walk a couple extra feet.

Conclusion, the real estate agent=a-hole, the police officer=laughing stock of the department Monday morning...
View Quote

LOL. Great post. I agree.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This aint florida.  I believe Temecula is in CA.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Hye if the officer head buddet the guy first, he deserves his large ego ass beat down.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The cop sounds like a pussy, a pussy with a glass jaw.

He goes down when some real setate agent bitch slaps him once or twice?

I can imagine Wave get slapped and biting the head off of a dick like that.

View Quote

Making that assumption without seeing or knowing what the "agent" is capable of is a pretty uninformed opinion ,isn't it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#20]
California law allows for the police to tow, at the owners expense, any vehicle blocking a complaintants driveway. He should have just called for a traffic enforcement car, then laughed his ass off when the real estate agent couldnt find his car.

Yes, Temecula and Oceanside are in California, at the southern end of Camp Pendelton.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, tell us again how many rds your badass NY cops shot at the unarmed guy, Diabilio or whatever his name was?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#22]
possiblility:

real estate agent = martial arts expert in his time off.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
possiblility:

real estate agent = martial arts expert in his time off.
View Quote

OR..

Real Estate Agent=Special Forces Captain on weekends, and 4 months out of the year...[:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Not to be pissy, but if you don't know where Temecula is maybe you oughta not be telling folks where it is.  And why you brought the jarheads into it is beyond me.

It was in the sticks, is now barely in the commuting range for Orange and LA counties.  Former wide spot on the Great Southern Overland Stage Route, now a wider spot on I-15.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who would've been more screwed, the cop or the agent?

The cop for brandishing or the re agent for decking him?

Both probably would've been equally screwed.The re agent losing his license and the cop losing his job for assualt.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top