Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 2:05:21 PM EDT
[url]http://www.sltrib.com/2003/jun/06252003/utah/69718.asp[/url]

Teachers get preliminary OK to carry weapons                  

The Jordan School Board gave preliminary approval Tuesday to a policy outlining the conditions under which district employees may carry a concealed weapon on school property with a valid permit.
      Employees must keep the weapon concealed and employees who legally use a concealed weapon on school grounds do so in their individual capacities, not their scope of employment.  
      The Jordan board will formally vote on the policy at its July 16 meeting.  
      Both policies are in response to a law passed during the 2003 legislative session, Senate Bill 108, that harmonized conflicting parts of state code. One section allowed concealed weapons on school campuses, while another prohibited it.
      Also Tuesday, the board agreed to consider a policy that would not allow student travel overseas, to Canada or to Mexico unless a principal can demonstrate "the absolute necessity of the travel and that all appropriate safety considerations have been addressed."  
       "I would hate to see students lose an opportunity because the policy is so rigid," said David Stoddard, the district's administrator who wrote the policy.
      The travel policy also will be up for a formal vote at the July 16 meeting.
      --  Ronnie Lynn

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I can here the soccer moms now. GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONE!!!  but really maybe we wouldn't of had columbine if a teacher could have taken them out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That oughta learn them troublesome students.  

Seriously, good.  Armed teachers could help prevent  another Columbine.  I'm sure they're those that disagree with me, but...

[b]STFU!

THAT'S RIGHT, YOU!  STFU ROSIE O'DONUTSUCKER!  YOU WANT YOUR KID'S BODY GUARD TO CARRY, BUT NO ONE ELSE, SO STFU!

YOU TOO! DON'T PRETEND I DIDN'T NOTICE YOU SHARON STONED, STFU!  USE A SHOTGUN ON AN INTRUDER, BUT WE CAN'T!  CROSS AND UNCROSS YOUR LEGS AT THIS, STFU!

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!  YEAH YOU!  DON'T TURN YOUR BACK TO ME DIANE SWINESTEIN, STFU!  YOU WERE A DISPISED VICEMAYOR THAT GOT PROPELLED POLITICALLY FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S TRAGEDY!  YOU CARRY AND SAY WE CAN'T!  STFU![/b]

Ahhhh.  That felt good.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I am living in AZ right now because I am going to school down here, but my homestate is Utah and I plan on moving back there when I graduate.  I heard about a bill in Utah that would make private businesses, that don't allow guns on their property, financially responsible if a gunman kills or injures somebody and he could have been stopped by someone with a ccw.  How cool is that!
Utah rocks!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
My mother taught school in a bad, bad part of Phoenix AZ.  I'm NOT saying she packed a Taurus .38spcl to school or anything...but she DID have a CCW.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top