Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 8:55:36 PM EDT
I've got some gas in an older car that's been sitting that's a few months old and rather than running it through the car, I want to siphon it out for the boat and don't want to get a mouthful of gas.  I would probably use the thing more than a few times, but don't want to spend a lot.  I've seen a unit that looks like a tire pump, but I thought there were some hand crank units too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Look in the automotive section at Wal-Mart.  I got the one I keep in my truck there for a couple of bucks.  It is basically a hose with a pressure bulb in the middle.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I am pretty good at siphoning gas and haven't had a mouthfull of it from siphoning since I was a kid.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Look in the automotive section at Wal-Mart.  I got the one I keep in my truck there for a couple of bucks.  It is basically a hose with a pressure bulb in the middle.  
View Quote

Forgot about that option.  A relative nearby may already have one if I remember.  He used it to get the gas out of his truck after he was hit by a drunk driver and the truck was totalled.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am pretty good at siphoning gas and haven't had a mouthfull of it from siphoning since I was a kid.  

View Quote

I'm not as good I guess.  I just recently siphoned out most of the water in the fish tank when I cleaned it.  Ended up with some goldfish poop water in my mouth when I started and had to reach for the Listerine![:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top