Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 1:11:44 PM EDT
Just saw a Col. Clark Ret. on CNN who said that he owns 20+ guns(for hunting of course) and that anyone who wants to own an assault rifle should join the service. Only caught the last part of the interview, but it seemed that he would like to try running for President.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Can I keep it/them after I leave the service?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, since I was 18 I was an able body in the militia. So I have many AW's to defend MY homeland.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW:

Fuck him. he's a traitor to the constitution and I wish cancer on him.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's not get sucked into the grabbers semantics here.

Assault RIFLE = Select fire.
Assault WEAPON = semi-auto with sheeple terrifying features like bayonet lugs and flash hiders.

I see too many of us use the terms interchangeable and they are NOT.  To use them as such you fall right into the grabbers trap.

Remember select fire weapons have been covered since NFA34.  Assault WEAPON is a political term created to confuse and scare the sheeple into thinking “machine gun”.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
sure - and we'll all need him to take ajob schlepping newspapers at 0400 hrs in order to qualify for his free speech rights.

I live at 123 Kiss My Ass You Cock Sucking Democrat Lane, in You Scuz Traitor, TX.

And I take EVERY newspaper printed.  On the planet.  Daily.

So..... sac up General and and I audit deliveries daily, chode.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Pathetic that he was leading the front lines in defending our rights and freedoms. Tory.

He does have politcal ambitions.
He is a liberal.
I'm sure the Klintons loved having him head NATO.

Ignore him. He will not go away but ignore him anyhow.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sure - and we'll all need him to take ajob schlepping newspapers at 0400 hrs in order to qualify for his free speech rights.
View Quote

Heheheh. Good point.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let's not get sucked into the grabbers semantics here.

Assault RIFLE = Select fire.
Assault WEAPON = semi-auto with sheeple terrifying features like bayonet lugs and flash hiders.

View Quote

WTF???  Assult is a verb, not an adjective.  I can assult you with a rock, a pen, or a rifle.  But it was my actions that did the assulting, not the tool.

I think you may have already bought into the BS yourself.

I call mine Rifles.[:D]

SGtar15
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#11]
First I really ever heard of him but FWIW, the slack-jawed primates over at DU are having masturbatory fantasies about this guy running for prez. That alone should give some indication of his character (or lack of).
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
First I really ever heard of him but FWIW, the [red]slack-jawed primates[/red] over at DU are having masturbatory fantasies about this guy running for prez. That alone should give some indication of his character (or lack of).
View Quote

Your too kind. I'd prefer other things, but as mother said, 'if ya cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all' [;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#13]
What is sad is that I've met many military and LEO folks that don't think us lowly civilians should have access to "assault weapons or CCW".  They are in the minority, but we all know how the vocal minorites always seem to get what they want.

For example, what sense does it make for me to have to register my weapons (Name, SSN, Rank, Company, Date, Weapon type, Model, Serial #, Barrel length, caliber, Make, Signature, Unit commander signature if I was below SSG, Location Stored, etc)?  This was only to use the Privately Owned Weapons range on post.  Fortuantely I live off post, however there is nowhere to shoot around here.  Not to mention, the POW range is free for military personnel, family members, and guests, someone just has to be playing OIC (Officer In Charge) and keep in touch with range control via radio contact.

I'm also not allowed to carry my CCW on post and they want me to keep my weapons and ammo in separate locations, no mags loaded, not concealed, etc, and out of my reach while in the vehicle.  I drive a sigle cab pickup truck...  How the hell am I supposed to keep them out of reach of arms and ammo?  How am I not supposed to conceal them when the only place that I can easily put stuff is behind the seat when I have a passenger?  I asked the MP the same thing.  He just shrugged.

Its a decent range, its close, and being free is a definate plus.  It just bugs the hell out of that they have stupid ass rules regarding firearms and that I have to register my weapons.  I've never had to do this before being from a firearm friendly state and resent being forced to now.

So, its not just the public that is branwashed concerning firearms.  Unfortuantely many in the military/LEO community did not grow up with guns and their only experience is within these communities.

Hell, it probably doesn't matter anyway since the "yellow sheets" probably go into a database somewhere...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just saw a Col. Clark Ret. on CNN who said that he owns 20+ guns(for hunting of course) and that anyone who wants to own an assault rifle should join the service. Only caught the last part of the interview, but it seemed that he would like to try running for President.
View Quote

The military's got TONS of Colonels.  What makes this asswipe so special?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Actually he's a retired 4 star general. While I don't agree with his position, he does have some impressive credentials.

[url]http://www.draftclark2004.com/biography.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like the anti-american commies who hate the military are coming out of the woodwork again.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#17]
My bad...
I would have swore that CNN had Col. in the text at the bottom of the screen.

They were going on and on about how President Ike was ex-military.

Assault rifle or assault weapon this guy is just another gun grabber.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, sure cocksucker. You talk to fucking DODMERB about the eyesight regulations, and then we'll chat.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Actually he's a retired 4 star general. While I don't agree with his position, he does have some impressive credentials.

[url]http://www.draftclark2004.com/biography.asp[/url]
View Quote

I know.  He originally said COL Clark and I figured it was another nobody, but I served under Wesley Clark in Germany and not many had high regard for him.  He was not a "soldier's General", he was a political hack who had impressive "combat" victories against armor that wasn't there (Kosovo).

Anybody who spends enough time in the military can earn impressive credentials (military educational degrees, postings, awards) without accomplishing anything noteworthy.  His current shit would definitely NOT fly with the troops.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Wesley Clark is an Arkansas Democrat like Klintoon and he got canned for stealing too much credit for the Kosovo NATO air war.

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top