Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 11:55:29 AM EDT
One of my first orders of business would be to take everyone from the Firearms division of ATF and re assign them to INS. Their extreme aggressiveness and broad interpretation of law, combined with a "ends justify the means" mentality would go a long way to resolving the majority of immigrations issues, especially those where criminal intent is involved.

The other benefit is the possibly unconstitutional methods of ATF would no longer be directed against US citizens.

Then I would take ALL former employees and directors of INS and re assign them to ATF Firearms Division. Then they could simply be the "tax collecting, form signing beurocrats" that they are world reknowned for.

Since all legal NFA owners are registered (unlike illegal aliens) they wouldn't even have to look for them to make sure their tax status is correct and current.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
As an immigrant and firearms owner I think you are a BF Doofus.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As an immigrant and firearms owner I think you are a BF Doofus.
View Quote

Are you a legal immigrant?

If so what is your beef. I would direct INS to solve ILLEGAL immigration issues you BF Doofus. [;)]

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
As you are aware, Bush has already "fixed" ATF, giving them legitimacy as a "Law Enforcement" agency, rather than a lowly "Tax" agency, by moving them from Treasury, to "Justice"..[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Disband the ATF and move their tax collectors to the IRS and field agents to the FBI/border patrol.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I am a legal immigrant. Otherwise I couldnt own firearms.
Swapping one fucked up agency for another wouldnt solve shit. How about dissolving both agencies and starting over?
After jumping thru the hoops I had to to become a legal permanent resident, I DO have issues with illegals but your solution is a non starter.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Want to 'fix' illegal immigration?

It is easy, but impossible.

open up the borders, allow anyone that wants to come here, come here, [b]but[/b]...

Get rid of of the 'socialization' of America.

Go back to 'work or starve'.  No welfare, no social security, no medicare, etc etc.

Catch a criminal immigrant?

Lock em up, dont deport em.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, I am a legal immigrant. Otherwise I couldnt own firearms.
Swapping one fucked up agency for another wouldnt solve shit. How about dissolving both agencies and starting over?
After jumping thru the hoops I had to to become a legal permanent resident, I DO have issues with illegals but your solution is a non starter.
View Quote

Maybe. But you are still a BF Doofus. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I think my plan is better:  I would leave the people in their current organizations.  I would, however relocate both ATF and INS personnel permanently to Antartica.

All military firearms training and other live fire exercises would be conducted on our borders with Mexico and Canada.  I would give the JCOS a blank check for training and encourage them to use it.

I would then recruit large numbers of paintballers to stalk politicians, and open fire on them anytime they attempted to open their mouth.  I would also relocate Congress and all State Legislatures to facilities  on our borders with Mexico and Canada.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Dear President Steyr,

Now that you have cleared up the ATF and the INS, I was wondering if you could set your immense knowledge and thinking ability towards one of this countries most pressing threats.

The MiniVan. Yes the MiniVan.

I hate the damn thing. You want a stationwagon? Buy a stationwagon.

And what about all of the men that have been neutered into driving one instead of a sports car or 4x4 pickup?

Thank you for your time. I'd add more but - IBTL

ED
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dear President Steyr,

Now that you have cleared up the ATF and the INS, I was wondering if you could set your immense knowledge and thinking ability towards one of this countries most pressing threats.

And what about all of the men that have been neutered into driving one instead of a sports car or 4x4 pickup?

ED
View Quote

Under review is a plan that (like commercial trucks) would require special class drivers licenses to lawfully operate a minivan.

These "MV" class licenses would be largely restricted to female drivers except under special circumstances.

Any more problems?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#12]
If I were president...
On the INS:
Beef up patrols, and build a REAL wall between the USA and mexico. Canada is cool, no problem with immigration from there. Instead of border patrols, We'd have tall watch towers along(near, behind) the wall with snipers in them.
Kick all illegals out, or allow them to become neutralized but at the cost of all welfare and SSI rights.

On the ATF:
Push for the repeal of all gun bans with a new ammendment. It would require licensing for owndership of all firearms(class based like NFA, but no tax stamp BS). Registration of firearms. People would legally be able to own whatever they wanted assuming theyre not derranged lunatics(Qualify for ownership permit). Local/state level gun laws would be illegal, and a carry permit instated (carry permits also class based: IE: Handguns, rifles, auto, DD's).

REALLY clamp down and enforce these new laws. Make very strict sentencing for criminals who break these laws.
BTW, I'd strip the ATF of its ability to make its own gun laws on the fly.

Bah, I'm just a mere immigrant(Legal). I'd never get to be president. But I can allways run for VP [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear President Steyr,

ED
View Quote

Under review is a plan that (like commercial trucks) would require special class drivers licenses to lawfully operate a minivan.

These "MV" class licenses would be largely restricted to female drivers except under special circumstances.

Any more problems?
View Quote

that doesn't go far enough. while minivans are extremely dangerous, additional restrictions are also needed on drivers of buicks, oldsmobiles and volvos since they present a clear danger on the roadways.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Clearly, you don't understand that most of the terrorists and European (including Eastern Europe) come in to the US illegally via Canada...

-Troy
View Quote

And what are the US border guards are doing?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top