Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 10:14:48 PM EDT
"ARFCOM army, this is Maddog50.  Fire for effect, over."

You may have seen my other thread regarding a local establishment with a "no firearms" sign.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=190553&page=1[/url]

After hounding the local president for two weeks, I finally got a face-to-face meeting with the "branch executive" that posted the signs.  She listened to me politely and promised to discuss the issue the next day with the president.  Today I got their official answer: NO.  They will not remove or alter the signs even if I paid for it.  I'm trying to track down the chairman of the board, but meanwhile I could use a hand...

Please send a few words of dismay to these folks, just to let them know that I'm not the only one who cares about issues like this.  Or just send my pre-written note below.

Muchas gracias, amigos.

Wade Todd, President and CEO
[email protected]

Sheri Yerrington, Branch Executive
[email protected]

I am dismayed to learn that your YMCA branch has chosen to take sides on a political issue.  While guns are a controversial issue, it would be better to keep your personal biases separate from official business.

Please reconsider removing or altering your "no firearms" signs.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Fire in the hole!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
There always the

Dear Maam:

I just got out of the joint and I am unable to make ends meet.  Please send me a map to your fine establishment and a list of times your womens aerobics classes get out.  Preferably the night classes.

Your very truly,

Ripper
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There always the

Dear Maam:

I just got out of the joint and I am unable to make ends meet.  Please send me a map to your fine establishment and a list of times your womens aerobics classes get out.  Preferably the night classes.

Your very truly,

Ripper
View Quote

[lol]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"ARFCOM army, this is Maddog50.  Fire for effect, over."

You may have seen my other thread regarding a local establishment with a "no firearms" sign.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=190553&page=1[/url]

After hounding the local president for two weeks, I finally got a face-to-face meeting with the "branch executive" that posted the signs.  She listened to me politely and promised to discuss the issue the next day with the president.  Today I got their official answer: NO.  They will not remove or alter the signs even if I paid for it.  I'm trying to track down the chairman of the board, but meanwhile I could use a hand...

Please send a few words of dismay to these folks, just to let them know that I'm not the only one who cares about issues like this.  Or just send my pre-written note below.

Muchas gracias, amigos.

Wade Todd, President and CEO
[email protected]

Sheri Yerrington, Branch Executive
[email protected]

I am dismayed to learn that your YMCA branch has chosen to take sides on a political issue.  While guns are a controversial issue, it would be better to keep your personal biases separate from official business.

Please reconsider removing or altering your "no firearms" signs.

Sincerely,

View Quote

If the sign does not fit the requirements set out by the law than the sign is no good either is the "order" of no firearms. hell I'd take mine in till the sign was made to conform to the legal standard. But thats just me and i like to fuck with people sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
It's the YMCA.  My wife used to work there, and a more corrupt sinkhole I don't think I've ever seen.  She couldn't wait to get the hell out.

Alex
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If the sign does not fit the requirements set out by the law than the sign is no good either is the "order" of no firearms. hell I'd take mine in till the sign was made to conform to the legal standard. But thats just me and i like to fuck with people sometimes.
View Quote

"If the sign does not fit, this man you must acquit." [rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top