Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 5:34:08 PM EDT
You know I try to support Bruce because he's a Republican but this movie really blowed. Story was boring and moved like a snail. The french doctor chic was a pain in the ass the whole way. The way a seal officer just blowed off orders for a handful of refugees and his co acted like ah no big deal but your on your own.

Waste of my time and money.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, I saw this turd in the theatre. The commercial advertised it as the most realistic war movie since Black Hawk Down. Well I guess it's the only war movie since Black Hawk Down. One good one-liner in it though. "Stop crying and cowboy the f*** up "
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw Bruce reload once.  Nice.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I like to support Bruce as well since he seems to be a great guy...  

This movie was VERY disappointing though.  It could have been done SO much better.  At least there were alot of neat guns in it though (albeit some of them configured incorrectly [:)] )
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not in the Military....

However...

It did seem a bit odd to fire blindly as one crosses a field of grass!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was a pretty good action flick.
Very entertaining and I don't regret seeing it in the theater or buying the DVD.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
As a whole, it was moderately entertaining. Some sequences were pretty good, like when they attacked that village and wiped out the bad guys. That was good stuff. The ending was OK, nothing more.

Some things that stood out:

1. The beginning led me to believe I had a good flick on my hands. Then it went nowhere pretty quickly.

2. What's with the Skerritt's character (the CO?) using a handheld on the deck of the carrier? What the? How about using the bridge, you idiots!

Perhaps the movie crew couldn't gain access to the actual bridge for filming and was too lazy to build a mock set. Who knows.

3. Overall, I think it could have been soooo much better...but it wasn't.

If BHD was a 9.5 in my book, Tears of the Sun would be a 6.5.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch Monica Belluci(Doctor chic) in The Matrix Reloaded.  She is not wearing any underwear in that dress she was poured into.  Who can tell me something else about her that is clearly visable while wearing that dress?

I thought the movie was just OK.  Worth a matinee'.  It definately needs work.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]
weird, i watched it today too, and i was also very dissapointed
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Some times you all look toooo deep into things. I liked the movie. It was exactly as I thought it would be. Entertainment. I never expected a realistic movie, with everything just right, and no mistakes, not gonna happen.

Dont expect alot from a war movie and you wont be disappointed.

However, in T3... We will see.

CH
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am not in the Military....

However...

It did seem a bit odd to fire blindly as one crosses a field of grass!!
View Quote

I am in the military.

Thats called "suppressive fire" and is meant to keep the enemy's head down while you and your guys advance/retreat.  Its not aimed fire, is not even intended to hit ones opponent, and is tactically, perfectly legitimate.

I liked the movie, sure the whole premise was preposterous, it would never have happened that way, and some of the lines "These are my people....." were absolute horseshit. But it did show sound tactics and I especially enjoyed the scenes where they enter the city and proceed to take down the rebels.  The JDAMS at the end were cool too.  After watching it and BHD, I'll never set foot in Africa, and if I were black I'd stop bitching and be damn glad I lived in the good ol USofA!  But thats just my .02.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah i didnt like tears of the sun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top