Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 1:20:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My suggestion is to get the most expensive one available then make sure you also have the reciept so you can return it and use the money to buy a nice gun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I would goto [url]www.zdnet.com[/url] and check out all the info there on PDA's.

I have a Sony SL-10, which has already been superceded by a bunch of newer Sony Models running the Palm OS.

Latest cool (and practical) features I think are those that combine 2 portable device features into one.  Most common is PDA's that are also MP3 players.  Also there's at least one model that's a combo PDA/Cell Phone.

Garmin is introducing a combo PDA/GPS in July.  Other PDA's have GPS as an option but it's a bulky clamp on.  This one is the size of a normal PDA. Goto [url]www.garmin.com/outdoor/[/url]to check it out. The bigger screen makes map reading easier than normal GPS screens.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had a palm for years. Currently I have a 515 which meets all my needs. I use the desktop software that comes with it alot and hot sync several times a day. I couldn't imagine life without it.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
What are you going to use a PDA for?  Get a gun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Gloftoe
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm kicking myself for having an expensive cell phone and a PDA.  DEFINITELY look at the PDA/cell phones.  Less to carry.  More belt/pocket space for ... other stuff.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a Palm "Zire" their about $299.00 at most places. It even has a rebate of $50.00 if you mail in an old one.
It even has a built in camera!!!!
As for others Handsprings are GONE!
And we use several type where I work and the
hotshot computer guru bought a Dell (Axiom)
only to sell it off to get a "Zire".

Besides personal preference, I hope that this helps.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up a Sony clie PEG-50.

Palm software, color display, keyboard, Bluetooth, (still learning about Bluetooth)11mb of internal memory, and a memory stick slot.

There was a 50 dollar rebate a few weeks ago (still think it's going on).

Just figured out how to put mp3's on it: I need a 500 meg memory card. [:)]

Still have lots to learn.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
The Dell Axim is the most bang for the buck and they just cut the price $293 for the top end PDA. It has features of other PDAs that cost $500+

Microsoft  Pocket PC 2003 Premium
Intel XScale  400MHz Processor  

RAM: 64MB SDRAM
ROM: 48MB

2 expansion card slots:
1 CompactFlash Type II Card Slot
1 Secure Digital Memory Card Slot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top