Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 10/23/2016 12:33:06 PM EDT
We live in lard ass paradise now.

I was in BJs wholesale club yesterday, it was like an electric cart convention.

We supply electric carts for obese people in a store where you can buy a 5 lb bag of M&Ms.

When you look at the "food" on the shelves, it's mostly cheap carbohydrates, fat and sugar, like Hot Pockets.

It's like our society is designed around fatness.

Seriously, try this:

Put "class photo 1970" into google and look at the pictures.  Maybe one fattish kid per class.

But today, you go to the mall, you see college age girls waddling around, 30 lbs overweight.

A lot of guys here on arfcom will report that they are something like "6'-0" tall, 235 lbs"

We consider that to be normal nowadays, back in the old days that would be considered a lard ass.

Here's what I think happened:

Factory faming has been perfected to the point that food is very inexpensive, especially cheapo food like pizza.

So the vendors are all super sizing their food and loading it with calories to make it taste better, so they can bring in customers.

People are so used to being overfed that they are gladly buying and eating bucket sized portions that their body totally cannot use.

You're supposed to be sharp-set with hunger before you sit down to a meal, you're not supposed to still be coasting on your previous meal.

That has to be the answer.  

We ate very fatty and sugary food when I was a kid, we had dessert every single night after dinner.

But I did not know a single fat kid and nobody had fat parents.

Something changed.  It must be portion sizes, because our food back then was pretty bad.

I went to 5 Guys recently, when I got home I counted all the calories, the total calories were way over 2000 and the calories from fat were over 1000.

That is insane.  

If you are 6-0 tall, you should weigh somewhere around 170 to 190 depending on how much muscle you have.  I'm talking about normal guys, not steroid guys.

That means you should be eating around 1700 to 1900 calories in a day where you are lightly active.

A 32 oz fountain soda like mountain dew has about 450 calories.

Do the math

Now there is a new social justice movement for women where they say they are "healthy and beautiful at any size"

Yup, having globs of cellulite and veins full of string cheese is healthy and beautiful.

I'll be over later to pick you up an my electric cart, baby.  We'll hit Five Guys and wash it down with a bucket of mountain dew

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]

You must have missed the workshop.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
In case it's not clear, the message is that you and I are being carpet bombed with calories and not realizing it.

If you get a myfitnesspal account and start logging your food every say, you're going to be amazed by how much you're eating.

And how bad the food is.

Also, if you start logging your food and trying to hit maybe 1800 calories per day, you'll start losing a couple of pound a week, like clockwork.

Try it.

It works like magic.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/113/700/744.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

wondering how many brothers are in that class to pick up obese white chicks?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It's those damned vaccinations.

ADMIT IT!

Trump will save us.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Portion sizes are part of it but its mostly that the food pyramid is upside down.

Carb rich diets lead to eating way too much due to hormone response and the constant spikes and crashes
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you for your concern.

No, not really....

Man, we have a lot of busy bodies running around worrying about everyone else...
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#14]
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/afY3wT5IQIg/hqdefault.jpg

"hey,  I'm not FAT! I'm pleasantly plump, OK"

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I heart fat chicks
View All Quotes

I heart aerobics chicks.  Of the non-steroid variety.

My dating pool is like 12 women nationwide.

If only I had a time machine back to the 80s

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]
It all began with the potato.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/afY3wT5IQIg/hqdefault.jpg

"hey,  I'm not FAT! I'm pleasantly plump, OK"

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, not really....

Man, we have a lot of busy bodies running around worrying about everyone else...
View Quote

and Augustus Gloop checks in
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Cheap high calorie food readily available at any time and place combined with a decline in manual labor jobs and a plethora of entertainment options that never require you to get off your ass. Combine that with human nature and it's no surprise.

Or government wants you to be morbidly obese and dependent on health care which they control.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, not really....

View Quote

you must be one of those guys that can't see the top of your feet

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We supply electric carts for obese people in a store where you can buy a 5 lb bag of M&Ms.

When you look at the "food" on the shelves, it's mostly cheap carbohydrates, fat and sugar, like Hot Pockets.

It's like our society is designed around fatness.

Seriously, try this:

Put "class photo 1970" into google and look at the pictures.  Maybe one fattish kid per class.

But today, you go to the mall, you see college age girls waddling around, 30 lbs overweight.

A lot of guys here on arfcom will report that they are something like "6'-0" tall, 235 lbs"

We consider that to be normal nowadays, back in the old days that would be considered a lard ass.

Here's what I think happened:

Factory faming has been perfected to the point that food is very inexpensive, especially cheapo food like pizza.

So the vendors are all super sizing their food and loading it with calories to make it taste better, so they can bring in customers.

People are so used to being overfed that they are gladly buying and eating bucket sized portions that their body totally cannot use.

You're supposed to be sharp-set with hunger before you sit down to a meal, you're not supposed to still be coasting on your previous meal.

That has to be the answer.  

We ate very fatty and sugary food when I was a kid, we had dessert every single night after dinner.

But I did not know a single fat kid and nobody had fat parents.

Something changed.  It must be portion sizes, because our food back then was pretty bad.

I went to 5 Guys recently, when I got home I counted all the calories, the total calories were way over 2000 and the calories from fat were over 1000.

That is insane.  

If you are 6-0 tall, you should weigh somewhere around 170 to 190 depending on how much muscle you have.  I'm talking about normal guys, not steroid guys.

That means you should be eating around 1700 to 1900 calories in a day where you are lightly active.

A 32 oz fountain soda like mountain dew has about 450 calories.

Do the math

Now there is a new social justice movement for women where they say they are "healthy and beautiful at any size"

Yup, having globs of cellulite and veins full of string cheese is healthy and beautiful.

I'll be over later to pick you up an my electric cart, baby.  We'll hit Five Guys and wash it down with a bucket of mountain dew

View Quote

No.
One size does not fit all. I'm in my 50s eat McDs and Lil Caesars 3 or 4 times per week. I'm 6'1 and usuaaly around 210 to 215. Do not " exercise"a
t all, but have a very physically demanding job as well as lifestyle/hobbies. I was 190 at 18 and have never been more thsn 230 and most of that was muscle.

One of my teenage sons is 6' and 280, but not sloppy at all. He works out, a LOT, and is quicker and more agile than most would expect.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In case it's not clear, the message is that you and I are being carpet bombed with calories and not realizing it.

If you get a myfitnesspal account and start logging your food every say, you're going to be amazed by how much you're eating.

And how bad the food is.

Also, if you start logging your food and trying to hit maybe 1800 calories per day, you'll start losing a couple of pound a week, like clockwork.

Try it.

It works like magic.
View Quote

Has nothing to do with calories. It is the amount of carbohydrates we all eat now. Period.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not really....

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No.
One size does not fit all. I'm in my 50s eat McDs and Lil Caesars 3 or 4 times per week. I'm 6'1 and usuaaly around 210 to 215. Do not " exercise"a
t all, but have a very physically demanding job as well as lifestyle/hobbies. I was 190 at 18 and have never been more thsn 230 and most of that was muscle.

One of my teenage sons is 6' and 280, but not sloppy at all. He works out, a LOT, and is quicker and more agile than most would expect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do the math

No.

I knew that there would be a response like this.

What do figure that your body fat percent is?  How about your son?

You think it's 15% ?  

Be as fat as you want but I'm an engineer and like all engineers I'm analytical.  And something of a prick.

Your emotional feel good opinion is duly noted.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
It's all the carbs.

People were secretly all on Keto in the 70s and earlier.

There is no health without the keto diet.

All hail keto.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with calories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how bad the food is.

Try it.

It works like magic.

Has nothing to do with calories.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, not really....

View Quote

Are you joking? Or do you just not go outside ever? Was at a local theme park all day yesterday the vast majority of the people, of ALL ages, were overweight. There were only a few that were morbidly obese. The rest of them are at minimum 20-30 lbs overweight.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I heart attack fat chicks
View All Quotes

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with calories. It is the amount of carbohydrates we all eat now. Period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how bad the food is.

Try it.

It works like magic.

probably both
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And how bad the food is.

Try it.

It works like magic.
View Quote

This. I lost 50 lbs over 6 months just logging calories in MFP and sticking to 1800 cals.  I am now 170lbs down from 220.  I am 5'11' average build.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I have been on a dedicated diet/exercise program since May, and by Dec. 31, I will have my BMI in the "normal weight" range (which is pretty damn skinny, IMHO).  Currently at 28.1.

Underweight:  <18.5
Normal Weight:  18.5 - 24.9
Overweight: 25 - 29.9
Obesity:  >30

BMI = 703 x weight/height^2  (pounds and inches)
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's all the carbs.

All hail keto.

View Quote

Praise keto
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you joking? Or do you just not go outside ever? Was at a local theme park all day yesterday the vast majority of the people, of ALL ages, were overweight. There were only a few that were morbidly obese. The rest of them are at minimum 20-30 lbs overweight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not really....

the point of the thread isn't that people are a giant pack of childlike morons

they were always that

the point is that you are presently being bombarded with calories and you probably don't know it

how many people realize that a giant soda can have 500 empty calories in it.   that's nearly 1/2 food supply for a small woman

seriously

get a myfitnesspal account and start logging your food

once you get a calorie count going, the weight will come off like magic

try it
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#36]
As a lieutenant in the Fat Liberation Army (all hail three star General Melissa McCarthy,) I must condemn this thread on behalf of obese justice.  

Later today we're doing a joint training exercise (McDonald's eat-in) alongside longtime enemy Islamic Diabetes Support Group and the Levant to raise anti-fat awareness both domestically and in the middle east.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Typical post from OP to justify his weakness. Bro should go squat rather than worry about others. And maybe educate himself on nutrition.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Holy shit...just listened to a doc on the radio about being responsible for ones health...going back again and again on the publics dime to the doctor who tells you to lose weight and exercise more is insane. Its like theres no 'sweat equity' when everything is free, from the bad food choices to the multiple doctors visits. Whats the old adage...stupid should hurt...especially the pocketbook.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Praise keto
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's all the carbs.

All hail keto.

Praise keto

if you use sarcasm on the internet, body will know what the fuck you're trying to say.

you're wasting your time, nobody will know if you love keto or hate keto

since so many dumbasses write so many outlandish things, sarcasm does not work
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I was 6'2" and 240. Didn't really diet but wasn't a total fatty
I started  "Paleo" diet and 3 months later was 6'2" and 195 lbs(high school weight) didn't do a single excercise
I'm totally convinced if anyone will return to "perfect human size" if they commit to eating "perfect human diet
Your a fatty because of what you stuff in your gob.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#41]

GF commented just yesterday on how many cart people we saw at Home Depot.
I don't know how they do it... if I get a few pounds out of line, I feel miserable.
Think I'll go for a hike.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

No, not really....

View Quote
You're right, fuck my tax dollars being used to create generations of fat fucks that will again need even more money for health care. If they actually had to pay their fair share I wouldn't give a fuck, but it doesn't work that way now does it. Some of us are tired of subsidizing the fat fucks that want to ruin their own health. I should be totally fine with my tax money being used to subsidize the production of fucking corn syrup and dextrose, lets just head back to Afghanistan and help those fucking poppy farmers while we're at it. Anyone who would knowingly destroy their own health is as fucked in the head as a meth junkie.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Man Down!  MAN DOWN!!!

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's all the carbs.

All hail keto.

View Quote

I honestly have no clue what keto is. I hear people talk about it but don't know what it is. Is it the one where you eat what cavemen supposedly ate?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#45]
It's the sign of a successful society. If you like skinny like minded folks then move to Africa
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someone's face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's all the carbs.

All hail keto.

View Quote

Did we make it in before the Kultists?

No

Eta: also the OP is really edgy, like Louis CK or other popular comedians. I know he's very popular in real life for sure.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Examples of what people used to consider "very fat", especially Cannon. It was a rarity to see people this big. Jackie Gleason as the crooked fat sheriff was a stereotype.

Now any Wal-Mart line has people bigger than this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#49]
High Fructose Corn Syrup

That's why we're fat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Top Top