Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 2:38:24 AM EDT
shit. Is this going around?
Happened real fast. Sneezed one day, sick the next.
Is it SARS?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You still have your tampax on too ? YEAH its sars[;)] go to the hospital you need help.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
shit. Is this going around?
Happened real fast. Sneezed one day, sick the next.
Is it SARS?
View Quote

We're a couple thousand miles apart, but yes one day I sneezed got up the next feeling like shit.  A Rottweiler made the mistake of coming toward my mom's Yorkie, in my parents yard.  I pull out my M4 w/ brake shoot beside the dog and thought to myself that's not that loud, but it used to sound louder.  When I went to bed that night I couldn't sleep for the ringing in my ears.  It's some sort of sinus/respiratory infection.  I still can't hear.

TS
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Gargle deep with warm salt water till you Gag..

at least 2 times a day

The salt doesent let the bacteria reproduce.. just like antibiotics

It will be better in 2 days..

Dr. Realist  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had that for two flipping weeks now.  I'm SICK of FEELING LIKE SHIT!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:55:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had the same thing for quite some time.  I got over it after the first 2.5 weeks but I think it's coming back.  Resilient fucking virus, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the "Piss and Moan About Everything Club"
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Got the same crap here, chest is congested and sinus isn't draining or clearing up fast enough. Had it last month too and it turned into a sinus infection. Went to an allergy doc and got tested and he said it's not allergies. But it sure seems seasonal to me. Throat was so bad thursday morning I was tilting my head back and just pouring the salt in, hey it felt better for awhile! Yeah, it's a bitch to get rid of, was fine wednesday morning and when I left work it was in my head and chest bad. Still feel crappy today. It takes awhile to get rid of it, even antibiotics don't seem to be helping much.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I bet you still look good... [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't count how many friends I have, who at sometime in their mid-thirties began complaining about "cold symptoms" that wouldn't go away.
By a strange coincidence, these syptoms were always showing up when the pollen count was way high.
Allergies.
There's always a period of denial.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Anything that causes a swelling in the nose can affect the sinuses: an infection, an allergic or an immune reaction.

Air and secretions trapped in a blocked sinus put pressure on the wall of the sinus causing sinus pain.

Typical symptoms of sinusitis include (most people with sinusitis have pain or tenderness in several location:
Headache when you wake up in the morning, fever, lethargy, nasal congestion. Pain when your forehead over the frontal sinuses is touched. Infection in the maxillary sinuses can cause your upper jaw and teeth to ache. Since the ethmoid sinuses are near the tear ducts in the corner of the eyes, inflammation can cause swelling of the eyelids and tissues around your eyes, and pain between your eyes. And can cause tenderness when the sides of your nose are touched, loss of smell, and a stuffy nose. Infection in the sphenoid sinuses can cause earaches, neck pain, and an ache at the top of your head.

Most sinusitis start with a cold, which is viral, by inflaming the sinuses. Both usually go away in 2 weeks without treatment.

Your nose reacts to an invasion by viruses that cause infections like the common cold or flu by making mucus and sending white blood cells to the lining of the nose, which swell the nasal passages causing air and mucus to become trapped behind the narrowed openings of the sinuses. When your sinus openings become too narrow, mucus cannot drain properly, which sets up a prime breeding ground for bacteria.

Sinusitis can be viral, bacterial or fungal. All diagnosed on physical exam and confirmed with CT which will not differentiate between viral or bacterial. If you have a bacterial sinusitis antibiotics along with a decongestant will usually help.

Chronic sinusitis is treated similarly by less effectively. Adults who have had allergic and infectious conditions over the years can develop nasal polyps that interfere with drainage. Removal of the polyps and/or repair of a deviated septum to ensure an open airway can help.

The most common surgery done today is functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS), where the openings from the sinuses are enlarged to allow drainage. I had this done last year and am currently enduring another bout of sinusitis. [V]

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#12]
You talkin' to me?

I just feel like shit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just feel like shit.
View Quote

Ew...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Chemtrails......[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top