Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2016 3:45:27 PM EDT
dropped my 1911 off to have some night sights put on.  I've never put them in a gun. Eyes  Getting older and figure it will help me shoot better anyway. Told the. To use Mepro as I can't see that one is so much better than the other.

For the casual shooter and for nightstand use, does it matter?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer TruGlo TFX, much brighter in all conditions.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I put meprolight's on my G19 and truglo's on my G21 both are good but the truglo is brighter and easier to see.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My Trijicons are a little brighter than my meprolights.  Both are good.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had both Trijicons and Meprolights on my Glocks.
The Trijicons were sharper, but smaller in appearance while the Meprolights were larger but fuzzier. Both are the same in relative brightness.
I have a Trijicon front sight post for my DD M4 and it also is smaller and sharper in appearance.

I hope that helps you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Except darkness.Derpitudinally challenged.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've had both Trijicons and Meprolights on my Glocks.

The Trijicons were sharper, but smaller in appearance while the Meprolights were larger but fuzzier. Both are the same in relative brightness.

I have a Trijicon front sight post for my DD M4 and it also is smaller and sharper in appearance.

I hope that helps you.
View Quote
Yes it does. Thank you.  
Reminds me that I need to get something on my 6920 as well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have mepros on my G19 and they are pretty nice. I prefer Trijicons whenever possible though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I just put Ameriglo CAP night sights on my G26, and I am liking them.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the premium brands, just a matter of preference on features.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
dropped my 1911 off to have some night sights put on.  I've never put them in a gun. Eyes  Getting older and figure it will help me shoot better anyway. Told the. To use Mepro as I can't see that one is so much better than the other.

For the casual shooter and for nightstand use, does it matter?
View Quote

Only in the wallet.  Mepros tend to be less expensive than the Trijicons.

I had trijicons put on my 1911 years (decades) ago and mepros on my Glocks a few years ago.  As stated above, the trijicon sights are much smaller but still very visible in no/low light.  The mepros are huge by comparison and can illuminate a small room.  I find both also help in regular range light.  In daylight, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Smart choice
Use them on 23
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

I love these. Have them on my glock and a sig.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got several sets of meprolights (CZs).  I can see the pistol lying on the floor under the bed in the dark.  They're more than bright enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Except darkness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Except darkness.

Derp.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except darkness.

Derp.

D'OH!!!

I was thinking of those colored rods that transmit ambient light.  Didn't know these were tritium rods!

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.santsys.com/s2blog/ameriglo-vs-meprolight-vs-truglo-tfo/

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, get Trijicon HD Yellow. They are bright as fuck at night and that yellow front sight is very bright in day time.

The tritium is green but the front sight has a very bright yellow/greenish paint. They are awesome.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I wanted to do that but the guy at the gun show who was installing sights said the yellow and orange inserts tend to die out faster than the greens.  Anyone else ever hear that?

Those TruGlo's are amazing - I've been looking at comparisons on YouTube; they're considerable more expensive but this is a case where you get what you pay for!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally I think Meprolights are a hair brighter and Trijicon are a hair sharper, BUT I have to agree on the TFO sights.  Big fiber optic rod and a tritium vial make them great in all lights.  Tru-Glo is hit and miss on some stuff, but those are great sights.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Like them!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

D'OH!!!

I was thinking of those colored rods that transmit ambient light.  Didn't know these were tritium rods!

I stand corrected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except darkness.

Derp.

D'OH!!!

I stand corrected.

They're both - that's their thing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except darkness.

Derp.

D'OH!!!

I stand corrected.

I think I'm gonna buy a set for the Redhawk I just picked up!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I've used Mepros for years where I had the choice and they've always been good for what I need. For the kind of shooting where I would need them, I don't think there's enough difference between quality night sights for me to pick between them (YMMV).
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I wanted to do that but the guy at the gun show who was installing sights said the yellow and orange inserts tend to die out faster than the greens. Anyone else ever hear that?

Those TruGlo's are amazing - I've been looking at comparisons on YouTube; they're considerable more expensive but this is a case where you get what you pay for!
View Quote

Yes. Same with ACOGs. Green lasts the longest.

ETA:

OP, I have Meps on my carry G19. Good to go. Work just fine. I believe Glock factory NS are rebranded Meps too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#24]
They have an annoying propensity to eject tritium capsules and the metal sights themselves have a shitty finish that wears badly and are rust prone.

That's under use.  Shooting it twice a year and taking the occasional bathroom selfy, you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They have an annoying propensity to eject tritium capsules and the metal sights themselves have a shitty finish that wears badly and are rust prone.
That's under use.  Shooting it twice a year and taking the occasional bathroom selfy, you should be good to go.
View Quote

Ever since I starting carrying many years ago, all my EDC's have had night sights and none have rusted or ejected their tritium capsules despite body humidity and thousands of rds downrange.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never had any issues with my Mepro sights.  I've used em on revolvers, 1911's, and a few 12ga guns that saw a lot of firing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top