Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 6:05:39 PM EDT
Need some help with blade carry. I work in a shirt and tie environment and deal with alot of people. My problem is that carrying a folder in normal fashion in the front pocket with top exposed is not acceptable. I hate to carry a folder in the bottom of my front pocket for obvious reasons and with dress type pants it prints really bad and isn't held in nicely like wearing jeans.
What setups can I use to work around my situation? Is a fixed blade on the ankle a decent route? My normal EDC is an Endura, but I am open to getting something more suitable for my environment.

Thanks all,
Mike
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a very thin S&W FL3500 3.9" tanto folder tucked into the top of my pants just behind my right hip where my 9mm would usually be. My belt covers most of the clip and it is easily accessible and pretty discrete. With the Kel-Tec P-32 in my right front pocket and a spare 7 round mag in the left, I don't at all feel maked in a shirt and tie environment.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! That seems like a good idea with the belt over the clip. And the shirt usually will blouse up a bit there. Best idea so far! :) Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Triburst, I often carry a thin 4" folder.  I clip it to my pant waist with the knife between myself and my pants and the clip over the pants only and under my belt.  This works well when I don't want the top of the knife sticking out of my pocket.  

Of course there is always a J-frame in my pocket too.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry my knife (well one of them, anyways) in this fashion.  Personally I prefer the Spyderco Delica.  It's light and thin, and there have been times I've forgotten it's there when I throw my pants in the hamper.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
gerber gator in a pouch on my belt, left side.  there for all the world to see, yep, its for BBQ and boxes and such, but its sharp as hell.................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top