Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2003 7:43:06 PM EDT
if it's educational. I'm watching Walking With Cavemen on Discovery and they are showing [b]all[/b] parts of the human anatomy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate that show.  evolution!?! HA!  

God created man.....we didnt evolve
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, those ape chicks are hot.[naughty]

I'd hit it.[banana]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jason, what if God used evolution as a vehicle in creating man?
[:)]
View Quote

he didnt..so there.  [:P]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a winner !!
You may pick up your kewpie doll at gunstock.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
ibtl. (Its been locked twice already...)
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about Adam and Eve then?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have often contemplated this question.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

So you believe that stuff literally?

Everything was created in 7 days? The Earth is roughly the same age as star systems that are millions of light years away? Our sun, a 3rd generation start is as old as everytihg else in the universe including the Earth? Dinosaurs which are millions of years older than the oldest fossil record of man must have lived and died in the previous 6 days? God flooded the Earth completely with a extra amount of water that came from somewhere and conveniently was disposed of later someplace away from the Earth?

Or could it just be the early Hebrew scrolls were either A. Our best guess/attempt to explain things given the limitations of our knowledge approx. 2,500 years ago or B. Our best attempt to understand and record things being told to us by a deity or simply explained in terms we could grasp.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
didn't watch it cause of who narrated it, Alex Baldwin
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I wanted to watch but I ended up watching the NBA.  I also built a very nice rifle cleaning stand.

Oh...the movie "Dogma" has some very enlightening views on organized religion.  Good movie for some alternate perspectives.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I watched it and thought it was well done. Of course my skin would crawl when I had to look at Baldwin.

I agree that Evolution and Creation do not have to be exclusive. I feel that they can go hand in hand if literal interpretations are not made and IMHO, most of the Bible is not meant to be read literally. Besides, it is foolish (maybe reckless is a better word) to question what is becoming more and more a scientific, anthropological and archaeological fact.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd hit it.[banana]
View Quote
I too find those "Ape Chicks" strangely erotic, God I need help.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
damn, I taped it, but with that jack ass involved I don't know if I should watch it

Quoted:
didn't watch it cause of who narrated it, Alex Baldwin
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'd hit it.[banana]
View Quote

Pics please!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry about the triple tap. I got an error when I posted so I submitted it 2 more times. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

To be honest, I don't believe that stuff at all. Not to ruffle anyone's feathers or anything, but I have a hard time believing in the Bible just because I've been conditioned my whole life to do so. I only asked becaue I was curious how someone could believe in creation AND evolution at the same time. I suppose you summed it up nicely.

Jake
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

he didnt..so there.  [:P]
View Quote

I'll accept your view if you can tell me whether Adam and Eve had a belly button.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Watched it. It was okay. Nowhere near as good as "Walking With Dinosaurs". Baldwin ruined what could have been a good show.

Alec Baldwin is a major tool.

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

there is no god. religion is a sham.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:17:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Walking with cavemen is on tv down here as well, but we have the BBC version narrated by Robert Winston. He also did the Human Body series.

I think you guys got screwed having to put up with Baldwin. Sounds like he's ruined it for you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:18:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw a BOOB!!!   YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

IBTL!!!

lol...I was all over the show until Mr. Baldwin said he was the last of the "homonids."

He got half the word right anyway.  If he represents the evolutionary peak of 'Cavemen' then I afraid we're doomed.

Darwin's a bitch.[grenade]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Everything was created in 7 days? The Earth is roughly the same age as star systems that are millions of light years away? Our sun, a 3rd generation start is as old as everytihg else in the universe including the Earth? Dinosaurs which are millions of years older than the oldest fossil record of man must have lived and died in the previous 6 days? God flooded the Earth completely with a extra amount of water that came from somewhere and conveniently was disposed of later someplace away from the Earth?

Or could it just be the early Hebrew scrolls were either A. Our best guess/attempt to explain things given the limitations of our knowledge approx. 2,500 years ago or B. Our best attempt to understand and record things being told to us by a deity or simply explained in terms we could grasp.
View Quote

Styer, have you ever read Genesis??
If not, I suggest you do.
If you have, you need to go back and read ALL of it again.
Then you might read the passage that says that a day unto GOD is like a thousand unto man.

I believe in the evolution of all the other creatures of the earth except man.
There is fossilized proof of animal evolution, but not of man.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#27]
When I heard Alec Baldwin say:
"...even two million years ago, it takes a village to raise a child...."

I turned it off.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When I heard Alec Baldwin say:
"...even two million years ago, it takes a village to raise a child...."

I turned it off.
View Quote

I would have liked him to say this ....

"...even two million years ago the tribal chief would get blown by the interns and his wife thought it was ok then to. "

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#29]
WTF!  I thought this thread would be about gratuitous naked chicks and the like!  BUT NOOOO!  It's about skanky cave people, evolution, and ugh, Alec Baldnuts!  

Where are the naked chick pics!?

What a f***ing ripoff!

I want my money back!

Screw you guys, I'm going home!
You go hya, and I go nya!

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:37:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I thought it was quite appropriate for Alec Baldwin to be hosting that show.

Think about it....a primitive, beetlebrowed, slackjawed, politicially stupid, hunchbacked half-human, half-ape, hosting a show about primitive, beetlebrowed, slackjawed, politically stupid, hunchbacked half-human, half-apes!

It's poetic justice!

I might as well be honest about it, though:  Even though Baldwin missed his flight (when Bush won), and even though his politics are atrocious, he IS a fairly decent actor and I've enjoyed some of his movies.   The Hunt for Red October and Beetlejuice, to name two.

If only he'd just be an actor and keep his skanky politics to himself...

CJ

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing personal, but that is absolutely one of the most unbelivable things I have ever read on these forums.

How can you believe in chosen parts of evolution? You need proof? How about the fact that they dated human parts back well in excess of 1 million years?

How long does the Bible(which, BTW, was written by a man) say that man has been around? And just how did "God" figure out exactly where to place these 2 people "Adam & Eve", so that they would find each other and begin the world population?

I feel that anyone can believe in whatever they chose, but until someone SHOWS me some proof that there is a god, I choose not to believe. People believe in god because they are like sheeps that need to be led down the right path. I think if you can't figure out the right thing on your own, then you really aren't thinking in the first place.

And the bible as written is laughable at best.

Flame suit on & IBTL [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Then you might read the passage that says that a day unto GOD is like a thousand unto man.

View Quote

So? Seven thousand years is still not a drop in the bucket. I doubt that these author's had any clue on the time span involved (earth years).

There is fossilized proof of the evolution of man, however it is not completely continuous and chronological.

Why must everyone be so spoon fed anyway?
As with most complex topics people become dedicated to one of the pre-given solutions or reasons handed to them.
Creation, evolution, dinosaurs, particle physics, faster than C light........
Shit, get all the info and develope your own theory.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes, I saw boobies too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Yes I have. And more importantly I have read the original Hebrew sources that became the Old Testament in their original, uneditted form.

In addition I have read a 4th grade science book and am able to deduce that if light from a start 4 million light years away is visible, it must have been there at least 4 million light years.

And 4 million is a huge difference from 7 thousand.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Yes I have. And more importantly I have read the original Hebrew sources that became the Old Testament in their original, uneditted form.

In addition I have read a 4th grade science book and am able to deduce that if light from a start 4 million light years away is visible, it must have been there at least 4 million light years.

And 4 million is a huge difference from 7 thousand.
View Quote

given quantum mechanics and time space are stable phenomena.  but nothing else it so why should they be?  

it's funny how a little bit of skull can make people argue like this.  how do we know "lucy" was not a retard? {;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, why not.  Potassium-Argon dating has proved that the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens actually occurred somewhere between about 350,000 and 2,800,000 years ago (the age varies dependingh on what types of rocks are tested).  And K-Ar dating is the supposed "gold standard" for dating such things.

K-Ar dating also tells us that the Cardenas Basalt at the bottom of the Grand Canyon is a bit over a billion years old.  Only problem is that there are rocks on the top of the canyon 340 million years older than the stuff at the bottom of the canyon.  That's not the way it's supposed to work if the stuff on the bottom was laid down first.  

OK, that's not the only problem.  Another problem is that those 1.34 billion year-old rocks came from 1000 year-old lava flows.  It's a crazy, mixed-up world we live in, eh?

You'd be surprised at how much stuff we think we "know" is mere supposition.  All depends on where you choose to place your faith.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hey, why not.  Potassium-Argon dating has proved that the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens actually occurred somewhere between about 350,000 and 2,800,000 years ago (the age varies dependingh on what types of rocks are tested).  And K-Ar dating is the supposed "gold standard" for dating such things.
View Quote

Yeah.
And if I knocked a chunk off of one of the great pyramids, and we tried testing the chunk to see when I knocked it off....

See how silly it sounds?
You must know this.

True faith does not require blinders.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

K-Ar dating also tells us that the Cardenas Basalt at the bottom of the Grand Canyon is a bit over a billion years old.  Only problem is that there are rocks on the top of the canyon 340 million years older than the stuff at the bottom of the canyon.  That's not the way it's supposed to work if the stuff on the bottom was laid down first.  

OK, that's not the only problem.  Another problem is that those 1.34 billion year-old rocks came from 1000 year-old lava flows.  It's a crazy, mixed-up world we live in, eh?

You'd be surprised at how much stuff we think we "know" is mere supposition.  All depends on where you choose to place your faith.

View Quote

You can't argue human interpretation with human misunderstanding.

View Quote

Agreed.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Will you guys just f*** off on the creation vs evolution s***!

F*** Alick Baldnuts too!

Where are the naked chicks!?

BTW, I am an Environmental Scientist.  I could throw my 2 cents in on the creation/evolution debate, but I am not.

Do you know why?

Because this is supposed to be a fun thread about gratuitous full frontal nuditity!
Yes I know how to spell nudity!

I want to see some naked chicks here when I get back!

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Geez, someone show blister some Australopithecus hairy monkey tits.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Now we're talking!

Where are they?

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

did you see the part where the one cave man steals the crocodile tooth and some meat and shares it with that cave chick?

she was hot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.
And if I knocked a chunk off of one of the great pyramids, and we tried testing the chunk to see when I knocked it off....

See how silly it sounds?
You must know this.

View Quote

Dude, if you're going to take a "scientific" approach, at least be honest about the limits of the science.  K-Ar dating is supposed to tell you the date the rock was formed.  That's supposed to be the time they were spit out of the ground and ceased to be in a molton state.  They're not supposed to have any k_Ar at that point, and it's supposed to build up at a predictable rate over time.  That's the theory behind the science.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.

See how silly it sounds?
You must know this.

View Quote

Dude, if you're going to take a "scientific" approach, at least be honest about the limits of the science.  K-Ar dating is supposed to tell you the date the rock was formed.  That's supposed to be the time they were spit out of the ground and ceased to be in a molton state.  They're not supposed to have any k_Ar at that point, and it's supposed to build up at a predictable rate over time.  That's the theory behind the science.
View Quote

date of the rocks?

Dude, they had naked monkey chicks!
but not when it was cold [:(]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Where in the evolutionary sequence do you think they would appear?
View Quote

I guess by your theory, they would appear at the end of the evolutionary sequence? The whole reason i was asking is because according to the Bible, Eve was created with a rib from Adam. I guess some people (not accusing you, or anything) choose not to interpret the Bible literally, except when it suits their needs. So, since they take it for what they think its supposed to mean when they feel like, does that make them LIBERALS?  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

there is no god. religion is a sham.
View Quote

thank you, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#49]
bung,

HOW DARE YOU post a "nudity" thread WITH NO PICS!!!

[img]http://a2004.g.akamaitech.net/7/2004/34/138cfb868ae401/dsc.discovery.com/convergence/cavemen/fossils/gallery/fossils_ss_lucy.jpg[/img]

[size=6]I Love Lucy!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.

See how silly it sounds?
You must know this.

View Quote

View Quote

You said it, [i]theory[/i], not [b]law[/b].
God gave us brains and curiosity. We would be wasting our gift to rely solely on the bible.
Adam and Eve is just a story. Period.
There are two accounts of creation in Genesis.
The origins of the early books of the bible are in Hebrew oral tradition. Passed on down from generation to generation by word of mouth. Ever play that telephone game?
The bible was eventually written down.
The bible is a guidebook to help us find our way in the world. That's all.
Unfortunately it has been usurped by some, to mislead others, over time.
Choices always were a problem for you, what you need is someone strong to guide you. Like Me.
View Quote

Steyr, I'm curious about this,
I have read the original Hebrew sources that became the Old Testament in their original, unedited form
View Quote
Details please.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top