Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 2:47:16 PM EDT
We don't need no stinking home defense rifle.
Hock your kid's kidneys, leave your mother's corpse to science and get one of these:

[img]http://www.naval-technology.com/contractor_images/mauser/new3.jpg[/img]
[b]The new Light Naval Gun System MLG 27 from Mauser-Werke Oberndorf Waffensysteme GmbH, a member of Rheinmetall DeTec AG.[/b](From the people who brought you the Karabiner 98 and the Tiger tank)

*The system is remotely operated via the gunner control station
*The gun is equipped with day- and night-vision sensors, which enables either an automatic target tracking or manual aiming of the gun
*A high hit probability is achieved by means of a precise fire control system, the high rate of fire and the accuracy of the MAUSER revolver cannon BK 27
*The newly developed 27 mm FAPDS ammunition (Frangible Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot) provides a reduced time of flight and increased combat range of the gun
*Limited weight of 850 kg

*TV- and IR-camera
*Laser-range-finder
* video tracking system (dual mode)

Order at [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course, the only thing I'd have left to defend would be a remote-operated 27mm gun and a stack of letters from collection agencies.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Wars have been fought for less :-)
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but its German, so how often would it work?  Does it have a "tail between its legs" mode where it bitches at the home owner while working with the bad guy?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I could see mounting one of those in the bed of my '65 Ford heavy-duty pickup. [;D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
OK folks... dont get your hopes up..

sorry to be the bearer of bad news..

I tried getting a set-up like this last summer ..

Got cleared every where.. local sheriff .. FBI.. ATF  .. IRS and the DOE .. my class III dealer even gave me a discount on his fee just so he could be part f it..

but when I finally had it delivered ...my damn home owners ass. ended up making me take it down !!!!!!!!!!!  
I tried shooting the guy down .. but he just disconected the thing and asked why I NEEDED that.. [:(]

I hate them bastards.!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Safety button, SAFETY BUTTON You don't need no stinkin safety button.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll take one
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#9]
"Hold out that pack opf cigarettes..."
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:44:37 AM EDT
[#10]
My neighbors dog would NEVER shit in my yard again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top